ECT The resurrection... specifically, the rapture.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The soul cannot materially die therefore it must reside somewhere upon the death the body. If in God then with God it will reside. To the contrary will it be with it if not in God. Speak to the extremes in this because where God isn't is complete darkness and all the terror that can be imagined or not.
I understand the importance of being saved, but what is the soul?

Do you have a verse that distinguishes between the soul and the body?

In Adam a living soul/being.

Sheila B

Luke 10:18 NASB - And He said to them, "I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning.

Good point. Jesus had just sent the disciples out preaching the Kingdom of heaven and healing the sick, and casting out demons!

Satan and his angels were/are fighting against Michael with his angels and they "were cast out into the earth" Rev 12:9
Jesus, as God, was perfectly able to speak of the casting down, where they will/did lose their place in heaven.

"Neither was their place found any more in heaven." Rev 12:8

Last edited:

Sheila B

OMT: Will you at least concede that there is "catching away" of some sort written about in Rev 12:5?

Yes, the son of the woman was caught up to God and to His throne! There is no mention of anyone else being caught up.
Jesus ascended with His glorified body and sat down on His throne and began to rule with a rod of iron. Rev 12:5

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Ezekiel 18:4 NASB - "Behold, all souls are Mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is Mine. The soul who sins will die.

James 5:20 NASB - let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Good point. Jesus had just sent the disciples out preaching the Kingdom of heaven and healing the sick, and casting out demons!

Satan and his angels were was fighting against Michael with his angels and they "were cast out into the earth" Rev 12:9
Jesus, as God, was perfectly able to speak of the casting down, where they will/did lose their place in heaven.

"Neither was their place found any more in heaven." Rev 12:8
I'm not sure how it all goes together. Just trying to be careful, but I don't see the connection or two or more that you are making.

I believe you are talking about the ministry when Jesus sent them out two by two, which was a time before His death.

I don't know that this is related to Jesus' statement that I brought up. Also, I brought it up with the verses in Revelation, which many view to be yet future. I don't know yes or no on that. Each verse should be looked at. Some believe the thousand years have come and gone. But that is a view I don't hold to.

Cross Reference

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Genesis 2:7 (KJV)

What we see in the verse is the creation of the body of Adam with God breathing into his nostrils a human spirit with a caveat, i.e., it returns to God upon his death. Now, God's "breath of life", by uniting with Adam's body, he became a living soul with a mind, will and emotions, fully capable of all that God created him to be. God, by design, made that the soul to live [somewhere] forever. Proof: context is where you can be persuaded in your thinking. For instance God has a soul: "And I will set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you." Leviticus 26:11,30 (KJV)

If God is eternal and His soul is eternal what can we rightly say about the soul of man given "context" from many passes that speak this understanding?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Genesis 2:7 (KJV)

What we see in the verse is the creation of the body of Adam with God breathing into his nostrils a human spirit with a caveat, i.e., it returns to God upon his death. Now, God's "breath of life", by uniting with Adam's body, he became a living soul with a mind, will and emotions, fully capable of all that God created him to be. God, by design, made that the soul to live [somewhere] forever. Proof: context is where you can be persuaded in your thinking. For instance God has a soul: "And I will set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you." Leviticus 26:11,30 (KJV)

If God is eternal and His soul is eternal what can we rightly say about the soul of man given "context" from many passes that speak this understanding?
Man is a living soul because that is what the scriptures say (Genesis 2:7).

So we know it has nothing to do with man becoming a soul, or a soul coming to earth or anything like that. Man became a soul at the moment God gave him life.

Is my soul my being or (even) my person?

Sheila B

I'm not sure how it all goes together. Just trying to be careful, but I don't see the connection or two or more that you are making.

I believe you are talking about the ministry when Jesus sent them out two by two, which was a time before His death.

I don't know that this is related to Jesus' statement that I brought up. Also, I brought it up with the verses in Revelation, which many view to be yet future. I don't know yes or no on that. Each verse should be looked at. Some believe the thousand years have come and gone. But that is a view I don't hold to.

The Kingdom of God is a reality that is outside time in one aspect, and of course, played out in time in our dimensional reality. Agreed, it can get tricky.

I believe we are in the thousand years now. I used to think differently. What are your thoughts on that?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Kingdom of God is a reality that is outside time in one aspect, and of course, played out in time in our dimensional reality. Agreed, it can get tricky.

I believe we are in the thousand years now. I used to think differently. What are your thoughts on that?
If that is the case then satan is not at work in our lives, not in anyone's life on the whole face of the earth. That is how I understand it.

Cross Reference

Man is a living soul because that is what the scriptures say (Genesis 2:7).

So we know it has nothing to do with man becoming a soul, or a soul coming to earth or anything like that. Man became a soul at the moment God gave him life.

Is my soul my being or (even) my person?

True, it doesn't have anything to with man becoming soul but, a body prepared by God in whom He has breathed the "Breath of Life". __ I think is what the scripture says. What do you think? Or where am I going wrong?

Livelystone

It seems to me that heaven is far more than a "relationship" since Hebrews 12:22-24 describes a festal gathering that is concurrent with our existence.

Perhaps these layered dimensions of reality will be healed, that is, when the age to come (the age that is coming- another translation) and the present age are One,
since time will be no more...
they become One dimension. Eternal Now.

Yes, I agree with you. It is much more than a "relationship," and I am sure there are much better words to describe what it is to become a member of the Family of God. However, I was one of those more often in the Principal's office than paying attention in class

Anyway, regarding the ages you speak of whose time to come is already at our door......

The same presence of the Lord in the clouds called for in the erroneous teaching of a physical rapture of the church, is seen in the smoke and the clouds of when the Lord returns to Mt. Zion where the tabernacle of David was

Mt Zion reflected the final and third anointing of David, and is where the Lord resides on earth that is resurrected again with the tabernacle of David as seen within the placement of the 24 elders in Rev.4:4,10 (John was called to "come up hither" to see what he was to write about but there was still an altar with blood under it that can only be on earth)

Acts 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

Thus, the Lord returning and ruling from Zion represents a high place albeit not a physical location but instead is a spiritual fulfillment, and seen as so as it appears in the following verses

Psalm 87:2 The Lord loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob.

Psalm 99:2 The Lord is great in Zion; and he is high above all the people.

Psalm 102:16 When the Lord shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory.

Psalm 102:21 To declare the name of the Lord in Zion, and his praise in Jerusalem;

Psalm 110:2 The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

Psalm 132:13 For the Lord hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.

The wise virgins will be gathered together complete in their maturity and sanctification in Him even as they appear individually wherever in the world the Lord has placed them. Just as there will be some here in this country there will be others in other countries. Foolish virgins are amongst the "saved" (attended Passover and maybe Pentecost as well) but because they did not progress beyond Pentecost and into the Fall feasts, they remained foolish and unlearned that will cause many to fall with those who will suffer destruction because of their lack of knowledge (Hos.4:6 KJV)

People looking for Jesus to return to Israel and rule from a temple yet to be built need to realize the name "Israel" means God's firstborn son who is a many membered body and not a location

When Jesus told us he was going to prepare a place where father and son could always be together, many think He went to remodel a physical heaven because within the same context it says "In my Father's House there are many mansions, if it were not so I would tell you".

However, we are His building and those mansions already in His Father's house are persons such as Moses, David, OT Prophets, etc etc. What Christians today need to figure out is do they want to remain as a simple one-room bungalow status-quo sunday morning worshipper, or give Him their all and become numbered among the few who are chosen amongst all those who have been called?

2 Timothy 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 Corinthians 5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven

Ephesians 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Hebrews 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
True, it doesn't have anything to with man becoming soul but, a body prepared by God in whom He has breathed the "Breath of Life". __ I think is what the scripture says. What do you think? Or where am I going wrong?
Did God breath life into body or soul or both or are these both different?

Sheila B

Yes, I agree with you. It is much more than a "relationship," and I am sure there are much better words to describe what it is to become a member of the Family of God. However, I was one of those more often in the Principal's office than paying attention in class

Anyway, regarding the ages you speak of whose time to come is already at our door......

The same presence of the Lord in the clouds called for in the erroneous teaching of a physical rapture of the church, is seen in the smoke and the clouds of when the Lord returns to Mt. Zion where the tabernacle of David was

Mt Zion reflected the final and third anointing of David, and is where the Lord resides on earth that is resurrected again with the tabernacle of David as seen within the placement of the 24 elders in Rev.4:4,10 (John was called to "come up hither" to see what he was to write about but there was still an altar with blood under it that can only be on earth)

Acts 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

Thus, the Lord returning and ruling from Zion represents a high place albeit not a physical location but instead is a spiritual fulfillment, and seen as so as it appears in the following verses

Psalm 87:2 The Lord loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob.

Psalm 99:2 The Lord is great in Zion; and he is high above all the people.

Psalm 102:16 When the Lord shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory.

Psalm 102:21 To declare the name of the Lord in Zion, and his praise in Jerusalem;

Psalm 110:2 The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

Psalm 132:13 For the Lord hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.

The wise virgins will be gathered together complete in their maturity and sanctification in Him even as they appear individually wherever in the world the Lord has placed them. Just as there will be some here in this country there will be others in other countries. Foolish virgins are amongst the "saved" (attended Passover and maybe Pentecost as well) but because they did not progress beyond Pentecost and into the Fall feasts, they remained foolish and unlearned that will cause many to fall with those who will suffer destruction because of their lack of knowledge (Hos.4:6 KJV)

People looking for Jesus to return to Israel and rule from a temple yet to be built need to realize the name "Israel" means God's firstborn son who is a many membered body and not a location

When Jesus told us he was going to prepare a place where father and son could always be together, many think He went to remodel a physical heaven because within the same context it says "In my Father's House there are many mansions, if it were not so I would tell you".

However, we are His building and those mansions already in His Father's house are persons such as Moses, David, OT Prophets, etc etc. What Christians today need to figure out is do they want to remain as a simple one-room bungalow status-quo sunday morning worshipper, or give Him their all and become numbered among the few who are chosen amongst all those who have been called?

2 Timothy 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 Corinthians 5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven

Ephesians 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Hebrews 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

nice post. a lot to ponder...:think:

Livelystone

nice post. a lot to ponder...:think:

Thank you,

Something I forgot to mention about the 24 elders and the Tabernacle of David....

When David was King he laid out to his son what God had told Him was the future in the same way that God had told Moses to construct the Tabernacle as shown to him at pentecost on Mt Sinai

Here is a link that may serve you but it is only one of many. Only our Father can give you the directions He wants you to have

http://www3.telus.net/public/kstam/en/temple/details/priest_service.htm

On one hand I may(?) know more than most concerning the times and what will be prophesied within the OT Tabernacle, the Temple and the Tabernacle of David, than most Christians do?

But that is only because no one teaches it as God would have us to understand the OT, rather than me being a qualified source of knowledge for the prophecies contained with the OT.

Only God can reveal the OT prophecies to anyone !!!

However, I will say this; a few years ago I met a woman whose knowledge of the things of God stunned me. When I asked how she came to possess knowledge I had never seen in anyone else, her reply was God gave it to her while studying the construction of the OT Tabernacle in the wilderness as first given to Moses

The OT tabernacle is the same place where the only person whom I still regard as a mentor, told me is where he learned what God has to say to those who seek Him with all of their hearts.

Felt led to share this with you,

Blessings to you,

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What do the scriptures say?? Read them and then you tell me...
There is a difference between soul and spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:45 NASB - So also it is written, "The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 NASB - Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4:12 NASB - For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Cross Reference

There is a difference between soul and spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:45 NASB - So also it is written, "The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 NASB - Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4:12 NASB - For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

But that is not what you asked.