The real book on Christianity.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[The Lord's Supper]

Surprise surprise you cannot do this in remembrance of him (1 Cor. 10:19–22).

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise. ~ Gomer Pyle

Flashback:

Pilgrims bitten by snakes at Paraguay papal Mass
angry%20snake.gif
Jer 8:17

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The real book on Christianity is, they were chosen by God to begin the age of deception in his church...

:yawn:

“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt should lose its taste, how can it be made salty? It’s no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled on by men.

“You are the light of the world. A city situated on a hill cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket, but rather on a lampstand, and it gives light for all who are in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven (Mt 5:13–16).

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Do you think its impossible for a whole religion to be deceived?"
:yawn: Everyone but you (Eph 4:14). :freak:

"You'd best read Rev. 12:9 again."
"Re 12:9. that old serpent—alluding to Ge 3:1, 4.

Devil—the Greek, for “accuser,” or “slanderer.”

Satan—the Hebrew for “adversary,” especially in a court of justice. The twofold designation, Greek and Hebrew, marks the twofold objects of his accusations and temptations, the elect Gentiles and the elect Jews.

world—Greek, “habitable world.”

10. Now—Now that Satan has been cast out of heaven. Primarily fulfilled in part at Jesus’ resurrection and ascension, when He said (Mt 28:18), “All power [Greek, ‘exousia,’ ‘authority,’ as here; see below] is given unto Me in heaven and in earth”; connected with Rev 12:5, “Her child was caught up unto God and to His throne.” In the ulterior sense, it refers to the eve of Christ’s second coming, when Israel is about to be restored as mother-church of Christendom, Satan, who had resisted her restoration on the ground of her unworthiness, having been cast out by the instrumentality of Michael, Israel’s angelic prince (see on Rev 12:7). Thus this is parallel, and the necessary preliminary to the glorious event similarly expressed, Rev 11:15, “The kingdom of this world is become (the very word here, Greek, ‘egeneto,’ ‘is come,’ ‘hath come to pass’) our Lord’s and His Christ’s,” the result of Israel’s resuming her place." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 580). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Mickiel

The real book on Christianity is the same book on 5 of the churches of God in Revelations 2nd and 3rd chapters; Christ has some serious issues against them. And just like the other 5, Christianity is totally blind to this. They don't have a clue.

Mickiel

Really Christianity is a magician , it creates doctrines with little or no scriptural support; like the Trinity and Tithing money. Stuff that's not even in the bible, they pull magic doctrines out of their hats and deceive many.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
terms and definitions.....

terms and definitions.....

If you want the truth on what UU teaches go to the actual UUA (Unitarian Universalists Association) here, and furthermore learn their basic tenets and principles and how these have evolved and been modified over the years....study the actual history.

Gotquestions.org is not the best or most reliable source for this.

Neither would I necessarily put Mickiel in the category of 'UU' unless he agrees with their principles and could be identified as a member or supporter of that denomination and their values. Its a very diverse group, but they all share core values and unite under a list of guiding principles.

He may be more closely associated with 'Biblical Unitarianism' or 'Christian Universalism'....which is more biblically centered. You'd have to understand the definitions of these terms and their contextual basis,....but you don't just assume someone is a UU just because they have aspects of Unitarianism or Universalism in their worldview. UUA is more of a 'pluralistic Universalist' perspective being inclusive to all religious faiths, cultures and traditions. It is NOT a specifically 'Christian Universalist' sect.

See:

Biblical Unitarian

Christian Universalism

Last edited:

Mickiel

The real book on Christianity is that they do not represent God. They represent themselves and their religion.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Noting wrong with UU

Noting wrong with UU

I am not a Unitarian Universalist , I am not a Unitarian and I am not a Christian. I walk alone.

Gotcha buddy,...but I must clarify for SD since he often slaps labels on people and things without a thorough investigation and education upon what those labels mean or infer.

I asked Knight to make the religious affiliation of 'UU' available, because I could choose that under my 'religious affiliation',....since I DO agree with their foundational principles and tenets. -its a category that many liberal minded people could choose, just to expand the catagories for member here. The suggestion still stands.

~*~*~

Just for those who might believe SD's vilification of Unitarian Universalists.... here are their 7 principles -

1st Principle: The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
2nd Principle: Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
3rd Principle: Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
4th Principle: A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
5th Principle: The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
6th Principle: The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
7th Principle: Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.

I agree with these principles, so could identify as being a UU. "I" include much more, but the 'label' certainly wouldn't diminish or betray me in anyway.

Namaste :)

Mickiel

There is one biblical verse that describes pure religion, James 1:27.

Keeping oneself unspotted from the world is something no religion does.