The real book on Christianity.

Mickiel

There is one biblical verse that describes pure religion, James 1:27.

Keeping oneself unspotted from the world is something no religion does.

Why do religions claim to be unspotted from the world, ( or innocent of sin), when they are not?

Well because of pride. They want the world to think of them as the " Anointed"; they desire to be the chosen one's; they covet that special spot on God's resume. They want the world to think that they live for God. in 1 John 2:16 it speaks about " The Pride of Life", religious groups so proud of their reputation that they live to keep it alive! They think they are living for God and they are proud of it. A serious living pride! It has developed a life of its own.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...in 1 John 2:16 it speaks about " The Pride of Life"...

"1 Jn 2:16 ...pride of life—literally, “arrogant assumption”: vainglorious display. Pride was Satan’s sin whereby he fell and forms the link between the two foes of man, the world (answering to “the lust of the eyes”) and the devil (as “the lust of the flesh” is the third foe). Satan tried this temptation on Christ in setting Him on the temple pinnacle that, in spiritual pride and presumption, on the ground of His Father’s care, He should cast Himself down. The same three foes appear in the three classes of soil on which the divine seed falls: the wayside hearers, the devil; the thorns, the world; the rocky undersoil, the flesh (Mt 13:18–23; Mk 4:3–8). The world’s awful antitrinity, the “lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life,” similarly is presented in Satan’s temptation of Eve: “When she saw that the tree was good for food, pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise,” Ge 3:6 (one manifestation of “the pride of life,” the desire to know above what God has revealed, Col 2:8, the pride of unsanctified knowledge)." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 529). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Mickiel

One of the worst spirits a church could have is " A vain deceitful spirit of tradition", Col.2:8. And I think eternal hell punishing has been fashioned after this tradition. It got inserted into the church system long ago and has gained momentum ever since. Its really a philosophy of men, designed after the rudiments of a mythical underworld. The rudiments of the world.

Even obvious deception is mounting on the head of religion.

Mickiel

You ever noticed this website, " Bad news about Christianity."

http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com/

Oh its easy to want people to prophesy good things about you and your religion; can you look at the bad things about yourself and your religion?

I recommend Andrew Shapiro's book, " Were number One", it gives all the stats that we in America are number one in, both " Good and Bad." When one is willing to look at both sides of something, the journey to truth has began.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
One of the worst spirits a church could have is " A vain deceitful spirit of tradition", Col.2:8.

:yawn: You're projecting again (Eph 4:14). :noway:

"Col 2:8. Translate, “Beware (literally, ‘Look’ well) lest there shall be (as I fear there is: the Greek indicative expresses this) any man (pointing to some known emissary of evil, Ga 1:7) leading you away as his spoil (not merely gaining spoil out of you, but making yourselves his spoil) through (by means of) his philosophy,” &c. The apostle does not condemn all philosophy, but “the philosophy” (so Greek) of the Judaic-oriental heretics at Colosse, which afterwards was developed into Gnosticism. You, who may have “the riches of full assurance” and “the treasures of wisdom,” should not suffer yourselves to be led away as a spoil by empty, deceitful philosophy: “riches” are contrasted with spoil; “full” with “vain,” or empty (Col 2:2, 3, 9)." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 376). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Its not popular to tell the truth on Christianity.

;) - true,....a lot of harm has been done thru the vehicle of 'Christianity' (thru various mis-use or abuse of powers towards various ends) but this statement needs to be qualified in various ways, perhaps a creative venture for the thread's direction.

BTW,...like the new thread format? will take some getting used to. :idea:

Mickiel

A lot of what you say is true, but one can not walk alone. We need God to guide us.

Well I don't know God, so I have to walk alone. I hope he is involved in my life at some level; I can only hope in that. But I certainly do believe that we need his guidance; now IF one is receiving that, I cannot say. I can only speak for myself. I don't know how much God is involved in my life, IF he is.

Mickiel

There are endless scriptures that show God supported Israel , there are absolutely none that show him supporting Christianity. If any of you Christians disagree with this, then lets have the scriptures.