The Politically Incorrect Truth About Martin Luther King Jr.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Not ALL of them, silly.
Remember, the population of the earth is some 7.5 billion people.

By the way, the presence of Jesus in my life demands that I be honest and accountable.

I am a hypocrite, I am dishonest and I am a racist--and I also posses many other less-than-ideal traits beside.

When I was in high school, my gang of friends and I [around 6 of us] would sget together and walk to school or ons sthe weekends go to a dance or a movie. No big deal.

But when I encounter a group of black high school kids walking toward me, I feel fear and uneasiness and I will cross the street rather than directly encounter them.

"You hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of your own eye; and then you'll see clearly to cast out the mote out of your brother's eye.”
--Matthew 7:5
Thanks to Jesus, I continually try to do a fearless and searching moral inventory of myself.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Flaw: a mark, fault, or other imperfection that mars a substance or object.
Well, good to see you own a dictionary.

vs Evil: profoundly immoral and wicked.

After studying Martin Luther King Jr., I'm going with door #2.
"13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

Alan Stang pointed out a few...
Stang? Like asking a Marxist what he thinks of your new car.

And a black woman wrote this about King:
Well, if an anonymous, self-described black women says something on the internet...

***WHAT MADE ME QUESTION THE SALVATION OF MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.?***

Early this year (1998), my little sister asked me to look up some stuff on the internet for a paper she was doing on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. As I surfed, the Lord put a thought in my mind, "Did this man ever testify of Me?" I thought to myself, "Mmmmm. The world loved this man. If he was preaching the gospel, the world would have hated him." I started looking up Martin Luther King's writings. As I read, I realized that he was a stranger, a foreigner to me. Whenever he mentioned Jesus, it was along with mere mortals like Socrates or Ghandi. In his jailhouse letter, King lumped all religions into the same class. I could not find one "sermon" where he preached Jesus Christ and Him crucified. What I saw is that this man "preached" a social gospel using Black churches as his springboard..."
http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/king.htm
Weird how you left out this part:
"I'm Black and there are some things that I'm glad about as a Black person. I'm glad that I don't have to sit in the back of the bus when I choose to ride one. I'm glad that I was able to attend the university of my choice. I'm glad that my husband can work in a good career. I'm glad that when we stay at a hotel we don't have to enter through the back door. I'm glad that we can eat at whatever restaurant we want to and that we don't have to stand in the kitchen to eat our food. I'm glad that I don't have to look for a "colored" sign when I need to relieve myself or when I want a drink of water. I'M GLAD ABOUT THESE THINGS. Martin Luther King, Jr. had a part in bringing these things about.
Like writing that Washington had a part in bringing this nation into being. There's a thin line between being understated and lacking perspective. King was one of the central figures to the struggle for civil rights and that struggle's victory. Anyone who can reduce that the way this person did can't be trusted to give a remotely objective view of the man.

But then, to be fair, her disagreement and perspective with regard to King is about his status as minister and what she sees as his religious beliefs that defy her expectations and theological foundation. Arguing her or his theological understanding isn't what honoring King is about, agree or reject her notions, or yours.

I did especially like the section where she critiqued the preacher's sermon at Dale Earnhardt's funeral. That was something.

At any rate, King isn't honored by our government for his contributions to the religious life of the nation, but for his sacrifice and leadership in helping to end the paralyzing legal practices that denied so many essential human right for so long. And it is right that we do so, just as it is right to honor Jefferson's contribution to our foundational truths as a nation, whatever his many and observable flaws as a human being.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Now that it's been established that Martin Luther King Jr. was NOT a Christian, TH moves to another part of the article:

…Weird how you left out this part:

"I'm Black and there are some things that I'm glad about as a Black person. I'm glad that I don't have to sit in the back of the bus when I choose to ride one. I'm glad that I was able to attend the university of my choice. I'm glad that my husband can work in a good career. I'm glad that when we stay at a hotel we don't have to enter through the back door. I'm glad that we can eat at whatever restaurant we want to and that we don't have to stand in the kitchen to eat our food. I'm glad that I don't have to look for a "colored" sign when I need to relieve myself or when I want a drink of water. I'M GLAD ABOUT THESE THINGS. Martin Luther King, Jr. had a part in bringing these things about.

Give credit to the black pastors and black men and women who abhorred King yet were working hard to have those things rectified.

"Many respected African-American religious leaders felt that King was doing more harm than good and asked him to leave their cities. They said that they did not want their cities disrupted. They pleaded with King to stop his campaign, but it did no good. King continued to foment problems in the U.S. Reverend Henry Mitchell, the leader of a group of West Side African-American ministers in Chicago who represented about 50,000 African-Americans, felt that King should “get the hell out of here.” Mitchell and his fellow ministers felt that way because King’s civil rights marching in 1966, he said, “brought hate.”29 “If [King] wants to march on the West Side,” said Mitchell, “let him march with rakes, brooms, and grass seed.” Mitchell continued, suggesting that African-Americans in the Chicago area wanted “peace, love, and harmony,” not the violence that came to town with King.30 The late Bishop C. Fain Kyle, who was an African-American, issued a news release that said King was “directly or indirectly responsible for the chaos, anarchy, insurrection, and rebellion brought about through demonstrations and rioting throughout the United States in recent years, months, weeks, and days.” Kyle said that
King should be “shorn of his power and imprisoned for his criminal acts and deeds for defying the courts of the land.”31 J. H. Jackson, an African-American who was president of the National Baptist Convention at Kansas City, Missouri, said that King was causing problems all over America. Jackson said that King encouraged riots. Jackson said that King’s actions were responsible for “designing the tactics that led to a fatal riot” and the death of Rev. A. O. Wright in Detroit.32 In May of 1961, King spoke at the Southern Baptist Seminary. After he gave his speech, three churches in Alabama voted to withhold funds from the seminary.33

http://jrbooksonline.com/PDF_Books/MLK101.pdf

That being said: Let's not forget about the other things that Martin Luther King Jr. had a part in when it comes to the black community:

Disproportionately high rates of abortion.
Disproportionately high rates of fatherless homes.
Disproportionately high rates of drop-outs in school.
Disproportionately high rates of drug addiction and crime and hence incarceration.
Black on black violence, etc. etc. etc.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Now that it's been established that Martin Luther King Jr. was NOT a Christian,
If you find articles by anonymous people as establishing something, I suppose. Mostly it established a clear bias that so distorted "her" ability to measure the man that she could barely credit him with a role in the actual thing he's honored for by holiday.

Peculiar, but that's people for you.

"Many respected African-American religious leaders felt that King was doing more harm than good and asked him to leave their cities."
I'm sure you can find many people who disagree with anyone over just about anything. Booker T. Washington was such a man. He advocated a slow process that incensed many in his community who felt, rightly, that no one should have to wait to receive the treatment and freedom guaranteed by the Constitution because of their skin color.

They said that they did not want their cities disrupted.
Well, Henry Mitchell did. Of course, Mitchell was fine "working" with George Wallace. Go figure. Of course, it is easy enough for people to google and determine the overwhelming numbers of black leaders, past and present, who differ with the cherry picked here and understand King's actual legacy in the movement.

They pleaded with King to stop his campaign, but it did no good. King continued to foment problems in the U.S. Reverend Henry Mitchell, the leader of a group of West Side African-American ministers in Chicago who represented about 50,000 African-Americans, felt that King should “get the hell out of here.” Mitchell and his fellow ministers felt that way because King’s civil rights marching in 1966, he said, “brought hate.”29 “If [King] wants to march on the West Side,” said Mitchell, “let him march with rakes, brooms, and grass seed.” Mitchell continued, suggesting that African-Americans in the Chicago area wanted “peace, love, and harmony,” not the violence that came to town with King.
I think what the marches demonstrated is that what the people wanted was their due. And yet King never sponsored, condoned, or called for violence.

That being said: Let's not forget about the other things that Martin Luther King Jr. had a part in when it comes to the black community:
I would if you didn't follow that colon (which is doubtless where you found it) with unsupportable foolishness.

Ah, well. At least you didn't try to pin a hurricane on him.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior:
Now that it's been established that Martin Luther King Jr. was NOT a Christian,..

If you find articles by anonymous people as establishing something,...

The words were from King himself. I'll gladly go over that again if you wish.

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
"Many respected African-American religious leaders felt that King was doing more harm than good and asked him to leave their cities."

I'm sure you can find many people who disagree with anyone over just about anything....

More from the 62 page article entitled

Why the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Should Be Repealed

How can King be viewed as a leader to today’s youth? He only obeyed the laws that he deemed just. He called for “black power.” He incited riots. King threatened mayors. He wanted preferential treatment for African-Americans. He cheated in school and throughout his life. His love extended way beyond his speeches [more about King's homosexual affairs later]. Some congressmen felt that the type of leadership given by King was not something to be admired. Congressman Waggonner felt that King did not deserve the attention he received. In contradiction to the beliefs held by King’s misguided followers, Congressman Waggonner told the truth behind King’s actions:
“The Washington Star of yesterday, September 20 [1965], summarized the feeling of those in government and out for the latest bit of meddling by Martin Luther King [Jr.] in an editorial, aptly titled, ‘Martin Luther King, Go Home.’ There is a great deal of concern in every quarter of the nation over the role this professional wowser has recently taken upon himself, that of a Secretary of State without portfolio. And, I might add, without invitation and without qualifications. “[King] is a meddler and unqualified to tell others how to run either their government or their personal affairs. The fact that he is a Negro gives him the right, in the eyes of the deluded liberals, to meddle in any affair in which any Negro is involved. Yet the record shows that, wherever his presence is felt, there has been bloodshed, strife, and anarchy. His ‘nonviolence’ has bred violence. His ‘leadership’ has turned loose the rampaging mob. His ‘peace’ has fomented hatred at a time when cool heads and reasoning was needed.”79

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
"In his paper entitled,
"What Experiences of Christians Living in the Early Christian Century Led to the Christian Doctrines of the Divine Sonship of Jesus, the Virgin Birth, and the Bodily Resurrection"
We see by the very TITLE that he believed that EXPERIENCES, not scripture, dictated the BASIC, vital, critical doctrines of
the deity of Jesus Christ (The Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God and God manifested in the flesh.)
the virgin birth (The Lord Jesus Christ was born of a virgin.)
the resurrection (The Lord Jesus Christ was crucified for our sins, was buried, and he rose again the third day.)

In King's blasphemous paper he went on to question, and practically deny, each of these tenets of the Christian faith. How can you be a Christian and deny the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ? YOU CAN'T BE! Yea such an one is a blasphemer! Unsurprisingly, Martin Luther King, Jr. did not believe that the BIBLE is infallible or that it is to be taken literally (you can best believe he does now but it is everlasting too late for him if he died as a blaspheming heretic.). Below is an excerpt of this paper concerning these critical doctrines--
But if we delve into the deeper meaning of these doctrines, and somehow strip them of their literal interpretation, we will find that they are based on a profound foundation. Although we may be able to argue with all degrees of logic that these doctrines are historically and philolophically untenable*, yet we can never undermind the foundation on which they are based.
*According to Webster's, "untenable" means that cannot be held, defended, or maintained. "Philology" is scholarship or the study of literary texts to determine their authenticity or meaning. So in other words, the divinity, resurrection and virgin birth are indefensible based on the historical facts! Read on...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The words were from King himself. I'll gladly go over that again if you wish.

You're citing as authority the cherry picked work of an anonymous author on the internet? Whatever floats your dingy.

Many in what comparison? How many among all? What was the prevailing opinion, both among leadership and within the larger black community. But then, I already noted that people like Booker T. Washington and others who came later had very different ideas. Like the Black Panthers on the other end or men like King, who modeled their approach after Gandhi's success in India and, to a lesser extent, in South Africa.

More from the 62 page article entitled

Why the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Should Be Repealed

How can King be viewed as a leader to today’s youth? He only obeyed the laws that he deemed just. He called for “black power.” He incited riots. King threatened mayors. He wanted preferential treatment for African-Americans. He cheated in school and throughout his life.
Of course he only obeyed laws that he deemed just. That's a criticism? He called for black empowerment, for equality before the law and in opportunity. He also made it plain that his ultimate dream and goal was a world where color didn't enter into anyone's consideration of how they valued an individual.

His love extended
Yeah, I think you've already established you'll publish just about any trash that helps you denigrate a man who accomplished more good than most of us can daydream about. It only makes you look even smaller. I'm not going to entertain it.

Some congressmen felt that the type of leadership given by King was not something to be admired.
The Dixiecrats, by way of illustration.

Congressman Waggonner felt that King did not deserve the attention he received. In contradiction to the beliefs held by King’s misguided followers, Congressman Waggonner told the truth behind King’s actions:
Is that Joe Waggonner, from Louisiana? The guy who lost his office for soliciting a prostitute? The guy who was a part of the racist repression of the South in the 60s? That Joe? Say it ain't so.

“The Washington Star of yesterday, September 20 [1965], summarized the feeling of those in government and out for the latest bit of meddling by Martin Luther King [Jr.] in an editorial, aptly titled, ‘Martin Luther King, Go Home.’ There is a great deal of concern in every quarter of the nation over the role this professional wowser has recently taken upon himself, that of a Secretary of State without portfolio. And, I might add, without invitation and without qualifications. “[King] is a meddler and unqualified to tell others how to run either their government or their personal affairs. The fact that he is a Negro gives him the right, in the eyes of the deluded liberals, to meddle in any affair in which any Negro is involved. Yet the record shows that, wherever his presence is felt, there has been bloodshed, strife, and anarchy. His ‘nonviolence’ has bred violence. His ‘leadership’ has turned loose the rampaging mob. His ‘peace’ has fomented hatred at a time when cool heads and reasoning was needed.”79
By all means support your part here with the red necked ramblings of that former racist john. It frames it nicely.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The article goes into great detail about King's loyalty to the mass murdering Communist of North Vietnam as well:

King portrayed U.S. troops in Vietnam as foreign conquerors and oppressors, and he specifically compared the United States to Nazi Germany:
“They [the South Vietnamese people] move sadly and apathetically as we herd them off the land of their fathers into concentration camps where minimal social needs are rarely met.... They watch as we poison their water, as we kill a million acres of their crops.… So far we may have killed a million of them-mostly children. What do they think as we test out our latest weapons on them, just as the Germans tested out new medicine and new tortures in the concentration camps of Europe?”
King described the U.S. government as “the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today” and President Ngo Dinh Diem as “one of the most vicious modern dictators,” but he spoke of Ho Chi Minh, the Communist dictator of North Vietnam, as a national leader and the innocent victim of American aggression:
“Perhaps only his [Ho Chi Minh’s] sense of humor and of irony can save him when he hears the most powerful nation of the world speaking of aggression as it drops thousands of bombs on a poor weak nation more than 8,000 miles away from its shores.”
The Communists, in King’s view, were the true victims in Vietnam:
“…in Hanoi are the men who led the nation to independence against the Japanese and the French.... After 1954 they watched us conspire with Diem to prevent elections which would surely have brought Ho Chi Minh to power over a united Vietnam, and they realized they had been betrayed again.”

Like I said before: Martin Luther King Jr. was "evil".

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is that Joe Waggonner, from Louisiana? The guy who lost his office for soliciting a prostitute? The guy who was a part of the racist repression of the South in the 60s? That Joe? Say it ain't so...

You forgot to mention that Waggonner was a Democrat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Waggonner

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
His love extended

Yeah, I think you've already established you'll publish just about any trash that helps you denigrate a man who accomplished more good than most of us can daydream about. It only makes you look even smaller. I'm not going to entertain it.

King and Ralph Abernathy were recorded (per wire tap) of having numerous homosexual affairs with one another.

Carl Rowan, an African-American syndicated columnist, was initially perturbed when he discovered that King had been bugged. In one of his columns, Rowan blamed J. Edgar Hoover, director of the FBI, for King being bugged.69 However, Rowan later discovered that U.S. Attorney General Bobby Kennedy had ordered the bugging. Clyde Tolson, the FBI’s associate director, revealed that in response to one of Rowan’s columns:
“The wire tap on Martin Luther King, Jr., was specifically approved in advance in writing by the late Attorney General of the United States, Mr. Robert F. Kennedy. This device was strictly in the field of internal security and, therefore, was within the provisions laid down by the then President of the United States.”70
J. Edgar Hoover reportedly discovered that King had numerous love affairs. Hoover had “at least 15 reels of tape about sexual entertainment and conversations between King and Abernathy that might lead to the conclusion that there was a homosexual relationship between the two ministers,” noted Rowan.71 During a discussion with someone in the FBI, Rowan discovered that there had been sexual intercourse in “the King suite” with Rev. Ralph David Abernathy. At another time, there was an “orgy.” Those conversations had both been taped by one of the FBI’s bugs.72

Granted, what two sexual deviants do in the privacy of their own sodomy chambers is none of my business....

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
No, I mentioned the Dixiecrats not long before I noted the racist you cite to was from Louisiana, part of that cadre.

The South was a stronghold for democrats until after the civil rights movement prevailed. Then those same people who had supported the immoral social and legal restrictions of that era and place moved into the Republican Party, which is why the South became a red bedrock.

Anyway, I'll leave you to your denigration and reliance on anonymous authors and discredited racists to continue a dance that will likely never end for you, in this life. Much good may it do you.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

No, I mentioned the Dixiecrats not long before I noted the racist you cite to was from Louisiana, part of that cadre.

You also mentioned that Democratic Congressman Joe Waggoner was also busted for soliciting prostitutes. Kinda like King, Waggoner was a "flawed" individual ey?

The South was a stronghold for democrats until after the civil rights movement prevailed. Then those same people who had supported the immoral social and legal restrictions of that era and place moved into the Republican Party, which is why the South became a red bedrock.

You mean like former Klansman Robert Byrd who was a Democrat?

In any event, this thread isn't about Martin Luther King's skin color, it's about his character, or lack of.

Anyway, I'll leave you to your denigration and reliance on anonymous authors and discredited racists to continue a dance that will likely never end for you, in this life. Much good may it do you.

I really do hate it when I make a typo. I see in my above post I wrote:

"Granted, what two sexual deviants do in the privacy of their own sodomy chambers is none of my business...."

Being that Martin Luther King Jr. was involved in orgies:

"Granted, what two or more sexual deviants do in the privacy of their own sodomy chambers..."

There, that's better.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You also mentioned that Democratic Congressman Joe Waggoner was also busted for soliciting prostitutes. Kinda like King, Waggoner was a "flawed" individual ey?
It goes to the credibility of his evaluations of King. That's his mindset, the way your willingness to scoop out a sewer for drinking water, metaphorically/rhetorically speaking, is a context that needs to be understood by anyone reading you on the point.

King's role in the Civil Rights Movement, his sacrifice and accomplishment, the things for which he is honored by our nation, aren't subjective and questionable. They're factual.

I know you can't see the difference. It's part of what ails you.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

It goes to the credibility of his evaluations of King. That's his mindset,...

Even many Democrats didn't like King's association with communists and the tactics that they use, Joe Waggoneer was one of them.

the way your willingness to scoop out a sewer for drinking water, metaphorically/rhetorically speaking, is a context that needs to be understood by anyone reading you on the point.

When you go into the sewer to learn and hence tell about the life of a particular sewer rat, you are going to get sewer water on you.

King's role in the Civil Rights Movement, his sacrifice and accomplishment, the things for which he is honored by our nation, aren't subjective and questionable. They're factual.

I know you can't see the difference. It's part of what ails you.

This thread isn't for those who deny the truth, it's for those who are willing to learn about it.

Thanks for stopping by.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
My my, it looks like the late Thurgood Marshall didn't much care for some of the things that Martin Luther King Jr. did either:

"The late Thurgood Marshall, an African-American who became a member of the Supreme Court, was one of those good Samaritans. He was unhappy with the way King gave his bills to the NAACP when Marshall served as the director-counsel for the group. “With Martin Luther King’s group, all he did was to dump all his legal work on us, including the bills,” said Marshall. “And that was all right with him. So long as he didn’t have to pay the bills.”18 Because of problems between King and the NAACP’s Chicago chapter, that chapter eventually, formally split with King’s group.19"

If King was spending all of his money on prostitutes and orgies Thurgood, how would King be expected to pay his legal bills? Sheesh.

Arthur Brain

Even many Democrats didn't like King's association with communists and the tactics that they use, Joe Waggoneer was one of them.

When you go into the sewer to learn and hence tell about the life of a particular sewer rat, you are going to get sewer water on you.

This thread isn't for those who deny the truth, it's for those who are willing to learn about it.

Thanks for stopping by.

The only way anyone gets the truth on one of your threads is by reading what other people say on them...

:freak:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I thought that you'd be ecstatic over King's close...ahem...'friendship' with Ralph Abernathy Arthur, after all, it's one more for the team, right?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Back to Martin Luther King Jr.'s close connections with communists and communist organizations:

King was affiliated with “over 60 communist fronts, individuals, and/or organizations”— quite a few. Karl Prussion produced a Documentary Report on Martin Luther King (Jr.), also. In it, he listed some of the communists who were King’s comrades. It is interesting to note that those types of organizations, oftentimes, attempt to hide their hideous agenda by having a name that sounds respectable, as mentioned earlier. The asinine attempts by certain groups to deny that Martin Luther King, Jr., had been affiliated with many communist organizations are contradictory to the evidence. For brevity’s sake, all the subversive groups or people, who were affiliated with King, are not mentioned. According to Prussion’s report, King was affiliated with the following subversives on this list:
1. Ad Hoc Committee on the Eisenhower-Khrushchev Talks to Explore the Requirements of Peace— member;
2. War Resisters League— speaker at 36th annual dinner;
3. Highlander Folk School— speaker at 25th anniversary celebration on September 2, 1957;
4. Manifesto Against Passage of New Sedition Laws by the States— signer;
5. The International Workers Order;
6. Southern Conference Educational Fund;
7. Fellowship of Reconciliation— member of advisory council, editorial contributor;
8. The Daily Worker (newspaper);
9. People’s World (newspaper);
10. National Advisory Committee of the Congress of Racial Equality;
11. Emergency Civil Liberties Committee;
12. Petition to Congress to Eliminate House Un-American Activities Committee— signer;
13. Petition to President Kennedy— signer, denouncing the House Un-American Activities Committee and the Senate Internal Security Subcommittee (who were both uncovering his affiliations with subversive groups);

14. Braden Clemency Appeal— initiator of petition asking for clemency for Carl Braden, convicted field secretary of the Southern Conference Educational Fund, and letter soliciting signers of petition, June 7, 1961;
15. Liberation— writer for, March 28, 1961;
16. Communist Party.183

Prussion listed a few of King’s communist cohorts, too. Prussion said that the following were communist associates of King: A.J. Muste, Harry Bridges, Pete Seegar, Aubrey Williams, W.E.B. DuBois, Abner Berry, Bayard Rustin, Ben Davis, Gus Hall, Elizabeth Gurley Flynn, and Rufus E. Clement.184 Prussion was quick to point out a striking point:...