The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...Face it - Donald Trump is actually Daffy Duck - ever complaining about how deserving of unlimited attention he is...

He's been pointing out the fact that the media :sozo2: has only told him what he can't do. Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10

Spoiler
childrensbookpg11.JPG

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
turns out he was prescient

20170220_rinkeby2.jpg

guess he forgot that he wasn't sposed to let on that he can see the future

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Another good article from Vox. In particular, this:

Yuval Levin, editor of the journal National Affairs and a leading conservative intellectual, made the case to me over email:
I think the more plausible cause for worry is that he will be a dysfunctional president. He seems to have come in without a clear sense of the nature and character of the presidency in our system, and he's not playing that role but rather using the presidency as a platform for playing the role he has always played. And for now the White House team seems to be reinforcing that rather than counteracting it. The result of that seems more likely to be dysfunction than autocracy.

And this:

This is the hard part about failure in American politics: It feeds on itself, perpetuates itself. Trump’s low poll numbers make it harder for him to win Democratic support on, well, anything. The inability to get anything done feeds his low poll numbers. The same goes for how Trump runs his White House. The Trump administration is a chaotic, leaky place, and that leads to negative press coverage of the Trump White House, which leads to more chaos and leaks as scared aides try to push blame for the disaster onto their rivals.

It is easy to imagine Trump, in a year, cornered in his own White House, furious at the manifold enemies he blames for his failures, and cocooned within an ever-smaller and more radical group of staffers and media outlets that tell him what he wants to hear and feed his grievances and resentments.

The Berean

View attachment 25369
"Never Remember"

View attachment 25370
“We’ve got to keep our country safe. You look at what’s happening in Germany, you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this?”

No one, as it turns out.
Actually, Trump is correct. I don't support Trump and don't really like him. But, it is obvious that the media is going out of it way to make up stuff about Trump and that disgusts me to a level that Trump probably never will. And it's the self righteousness and arrogance that the mainstream media behaves in that makes them absolutely disgusting to me. I have been following things in Sweden for several years now and Sweden has a major problems with unchecked immigration. That is a FACT. Youtuber "Angry Foreigner" is my go to guy for actual news and commentary about Sweden. And he is not a Trump supporter and is a humanist.

Last edited:

Danoh

Actually, Trump is correct. I don't support Trump and don't really like him. But, it is obvious that the media is going out of it way to make up stuff about Trump and that disgusts me to a level that Trump probably never will. And it's the self righteousness and arrogance that the media behaves in that makes them absolutely disgusting to me. I have been following things in Sweden for several years now and Sweden has a major problems with unchecked immigration. That is a FACT. Youtuber "Angry Foreigner" is my go to guy for actual news and commentary about Sweden. And he is not a Trump supporter and is a humanist.

All VERY true.

And the majority of the Media is not only extremely Liberal, but biased by it in its' reporting.

Not all. And not in all reporting.

Rather, in a huge majority of their reporting on one issue, or another.

At the same time, the overwhelming majority of Media that leans to the so called Right, is just as hypocritical.

As a result, there is ever the need to have to attempt to look at things from some sort of a middle ground when taking in news - regardless of what political position the particular news outlet asserts it holds - Left, Right; you name it.

But obviously - VERY OBVIOUSLY - very few readers and or hearers appear to do that with any real consistency, if...at all.

Each long entrenched in their particular self-delusion that their extreme is the "correct" take on a thing; they go by that when deciding what side of the Media is not only "correct" but "unbiased" :chuckle:

There is ever a constant need to check oneself as to where one might actually be looking at one thing or another...from.

Problem is...very few not only obviously do not, but as a result are likely to easily take issue with anyone pointing such a need out.

The fraud now in the WH has that very problem...

The actual "Party" of the masess too often really being "One Extreme...or Another."

But I sincerely doubt anyone can completely escape that kind of thing.

As the old quip goes "there are only two kinds of people in the world - those who say there are only two kinds of people in the world; and those who don't."

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Actually, Trump is correct. I don't support Trump and don't really like him.
Nothing happened "last night in Sweden". Something happened in his head, or on the sheet of paper put in front of him, but not in Sweden.

But, it is obvious that the media is going out of it way to make up stuff about Trump and that disgusts me to a level that Trump probably never will.
I think he has contempt for the media and no particular respect for the truth. I'd say if those qualities in the leader of the free world and the representative of your government evoke a lesser response and are of lesser concern than how media outlets respond to him you're inadvertently admitting to a fairly profound bias that has to be taken into account with what follows. . . Some of the media are about on par with his attitude and fewer, but a noticeable presence, seem willing to fly equally distorted or unchecked "facts" in opposing him. And they should be accountable for it with their readers/listeners when that happens.

That said, there is no single voice in the media. You have a wide range of outlets and perspectives, from Fox to Mother Jones. Many of those who've listened attentively to Trump call the media liars while routinely lying to anyone in earshot, or at best often not caring to fact check whatever is put in front of him or told to him in support of his narrative, well, those people are a bit jaded by the sort of "but" defense you're going with here. It sounds to much like, "Sure, he killed a guy, but they're killers too." Even were the latter true it would impact the former not a whit. Neither would it relieve the president of responsibility for his actions.

But if you don't like a paper, think the reporters distort facts or make them up, then you can always buy another. Don't care for the way CBS puts on the news? Turn the channel. But this leader and his impact aren't something we can avoid for the next four years. That's serious in a way whatever complaint you have about the various media outlets will never be.

And it's the self righteousness and arrogance that the mainstream media behaves in that makes them absolutely disgusting to me.
Same general response. The various media outlets don't speak with one voice, though there is a good bit of palpable disdain coming through and I think it's echoed in the president's popularity rating by a majority of the citizens he represents. Righteous and arrogant? I don't think they're particularly meaningful terms, except in terms of describing a response to someone goring your ox, directly or indirectly. To the fellow who is more outraged by the president and who isn't invested in the protection of his politics what you call arrogance is little more than the wearying but expected ego of the zealot with a platform. What they're zealous in defense of or advance is subject to individual scrutiny or should be.

I have been following things in Sweden for several years now and Sweden has a major problems with unchecked immigration. That is a FACT. Youtuber "Angry Foreigner" is my go to guy for actual news and commentary about Sweden. And he is not a Trump supporter and is a humanist.
And it has nothing to do with Trump making an alarming statement about Sweden last night. Sweden. He got a bad script or bad information. And if I want a more considered examination of Sweden and how immigration is affecting it, I don't think the go-to is some guy I don't know who posts a youtube video. :plain:

So Trump reconfigured and now tells us he meant to say, "Look at what happened on Fox News the other night. They had a report on how terribly the refugee immigration is impacting their crime rate." Or words to that affect, which do not resemble his actual words, but let's leave that aside.

Fox interviewed a film maker, Ami Horowitz, who went to Sweden and related that violent crimes, like rape, were surging under the flood of refugees. Tucker Carlson attentively nodded and noted that only 500 of the 160,000 refugees are actually working. Horowitz added that all of them are receiving terrific government benefits. So their combined efforts were aimed at painting a cautionary tale, illustrating to their faithful the folly of following suit. Taking in refugees, they impress, will lead to an influx of largely deadbeat and criminally active people. Be alarmed. Support the president's agenda.

In the last few years, around 163,000 refugees have entered Sweden. Now what about that crime wave? According to Henrick Selin, who may or may not have a youtube account but who is a political scientist and deputy director of the Swedish Institute, a state agency dedicated to promoting Sweden across the globe,

"In general, crime statistics have gone down in the last (few) years and no there is not evidence to suggest that new waves of immigration has led to increased crime...Generally, there’s a certain over-representation of people with immigrant background in crime statistics, but that tends to be closely related to high levels of unemployment, poverty, exclusion, low language and other skills, Selin said. "Swedes with these characteristics are also overrepresented in crime statistics," he said.

Rape was one cautionary note sounded by Horowitz in representing violent crimes upticking. In fact, rape was down by 12% in 2015 over 2014, according to the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention. Sexually related crimes in general were down in that same period by 11%.

The Swedish Prosecution Authority and Sweden's National Council for Crime Prevention (Brå), a federal research center at the Ministry of Justice, told USA TODAY there is no crime data to back up Trump's allegations. USA Today, February 21, 2017

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Actually, Trump is correct. I don't support Trump and don't really like him. But, it is obvious that the media is going out of it way to make up stuff about Trump and that disgusts me to a level that Trump probably never will. And it's the self righteousness and arrogance that the mainstream media behaves in that makes them absolutely disgusting to me.

And you JUST nailed HOW he got elected and why people are now supporting him, because the left and the lying media have exposed themselves completely.

And its about time people woke up.