The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Dress like a woman:

Not dressing like a woman:

Deuteronomy 22:5 A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.
But men didn't wear anything in that second photo when Deuteronomy was in play. And isn't that a bit ceremonial and symbolic? And aren't we free of that? I think a lot of things had value and even specific purpose in that covenant that are valueless (or even counterproductive to the point) today.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
But men didn't wear anything in that second photo when Deuteronomy was in play.

Wrong, i would certainly gather there were transgenders back then too.

And isn't that a bit ceremonial and symbolic? And aren't we free of that? I think a lot of things had value and even specific purpose in that covenant that are valueless (or even counterproductive to the point) today.

Wow, you totally miss that verse, dont you?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Why so shy with particulars? I gave you the opening. Well, allow me then. Blacks receive disproportionately harsh treatment and sentencing. I believe you've noted that men received similarly disproportionate sentencing when compared to women. I suspect that both are tied to cultural expectations and biases.

I've already made mention of those things to you in other threads :idunno:

The problem with blacks is that there is a large sector in their culture that gratifies crime and otherwise cheating the American system. It's a harder issue to tackle.

With women, there frankly is no excuse- they simply receive favoritism for being women. It's too bad you see that fact as 'misogyny'- it just perpetuates it all :rolleyes:

The problem is that bias can move the margins where you have necessary, even intrinsically helpful ranges of sentencing.

I got into a lot of trouble as a child, and through adolescence- I never saw juvenile corrections, however, due to my uncommon circumstance.

Bias can help, sure.
If it's reasonable :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I've already made mention of those things to you in other threads :idunno:
I think it bears repeating.

The problem with blacks is that there is a large sector in their culture that gratifies crime and otherwise cheating the American system. It's a harder issue to tackle.
Rather, there's a systemic problem with generational poverty that needs to be addressed. It's simply and for a host of reasons more deeply rooted in the black community. It's absolutely a hard problem to work, but it's doable on the criminal justice side in terms of reviewing the application of standards and counteracting it by judicial censure where appropriate.

With women, there frankly is no excuse- they simply receive favoritism for being women.
It's really just a different form of bias in action. Bias against blacks/assumptions about rooted in racism. With women it's societal expectations and bias relating to their treatment. It's the same impulse that will stay the hand of a man hearing fighting words from a woman where he'd punch the fellow who said it. I think it's harder to treat this one, because it's about leniency.

It's too bad you see that fact as 'misogyny'- it just perpetuates it all
Separate issue. Like racism, I know it when I hear it.

I got into a lot of trouble as a child, and through adolescence- I never saw juvenile corrections, however, due to my uncommon circumstance.

Bias can help, sure. If it's reasonable
Taking circumstance into account isn't really a bias, it's reasonable mitigation.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
No, I'm certain there weren't male slacks, button down shirts and ties then. The Romans invented the precursor to the tie, but the Hebrews weren't using it. The whole outfit in question wasn't what was meant by male clothing when Duet. was penned. So what was the author really aiming at? Distinguishing between men and women and keeping the roles clear. Supporting the clear social order that was necessary for the Jewish people. The OT is full of distinctions like that to keep the Jews separate as God's people, don't you think?

, i would certainly gather there were transgenders back then too
I don' t know. I'd bet there were.

Wow, you totally miss that verse, dont you?
I don't believe so, but you missed an opportunity to answer a few questions and engage in genial points of difference and distinction that might help someone. Maybe even one or both of us.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Rather, there's a systemic problem with generational poverty that needs to be addressed.

Meh.
They did a lot better before they went Democrat.
Feminism destroyed the black community more than racism, you only need to look at the state of the black community to see it- from 20% to 70% fatherless households, to the 'welfare queens'- the agenda altogether hurt many legacies of black men because the women married the system.

And

I think we sort of have common ground on the matter with women in the judicial system, even if you don't agree with some of the more rooted issues I see that spawn it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Since you were dishonest enough to take my words from context and ignore what i said, you now get ignore.
I didn't do any of that. Why you think I did will remain a mystery, given your decision. In any event, I'm sorry you feel difference of a opinion offered in amiable terms is grounds for outrage, questioning my character (again) and plugged ears.

Well, I forgive the insult, again. Be well. If this sort of thing drives you to slap at people who like you I'd suggest you might want to pull back from it for a bit.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...Feminism destroyed the black community...
You can sell your woman issues elsewhere. I've done what I can for you on that front and I understand it's as pointless discussing it with you as discussing race with a Klansman. What undermined the black community was and remains systemically disproportionate poverty. Women didn't start kicking fathers to the curb. Men and women in this country have become increasingly less interested in traditional social conventions relating to sexuality. Some of that has come at cost to the stability of the social order.

I think we sort of have common ground on the matter with women in the judicial system, even if you don't agree with some of the more rooted issues I see that spawn it.
I'd say anyone looking at the data, regarding race or gender, should be able to see that women get breaks that aren't given to men and whites get breaks that aren't largely extended to minorities. The rest is what we do about it.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
'Sanctuary cities' break federal law. Not that I am all for federal regulations, but you all act like we're the criminals :rolleyes:

Trump can defund those cities in all good old fashioned legality. Deal with it :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

Since you were dishonest enough to take my words from context and ignore what i said, you now get ignore.

He wasn't, and considering you tried to make out that I considered Lazarus and disabled people to be 'bums' despite the glaring context to the contrary lately then it's another irony meter 'gone to meet its maker'...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The word 'bum' offends me- it is a dehumanizing word that nobody, especially Christians, should use.

I was homeless just five months ago- I've experienced being under the bridge even in my time on this site.
That word is unacceptable to me- I'll put it this way- if you called me that while I was on the street..

:plain:

ClimateSanity

. What undermined the black community was and remains systemically disproportionate poverty.

Compare black incarceration rates before and after 1965. Compare fatherless black households before and after 1965.

I don't have stats in front of me but I believe Thomas Sowell has an article or more on the subject somewhere.

ClimateSanity

The word 'bum' offends me- it is a dehumanizing word that nobody, especially Christians, should use.

I was homeless just five months ago- I've experienced being under the bridge even in my time on this site.
That word is unacceptable to me- I'll put it this way- if you called me that while I was on the street..

:plain:

How was that white privilege working for you under the bridge? Did poverty cause you to commit crimes?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
How was that white privilege working for you under the bridge? Did poverty cause you to commit crimes?

White privilege :chuckle:

You'd realize the irony if you ever found yourself in such a situation.

I committed petty crimes- I broke into cars and garages looking for either money or food. Never took anything valuable, because I didn't want the area I was in ridden with police.
But I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't have taken something valuable otherwise:

I'm a moral person.
At the same time, that is a very desperate situation.

And
My heart goes out to anyone who should ever face that circumstance.

You see, your fine for the first day. And a week later.
But then a month goes by..
and another.
And another_
There's only so much a person can take before you see society in a different way.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
I didn't watch it.

I'm sure the GOP establishment all looked like the cats who swallowed the canary....

They know Trump is a fraud, but they don't care, they know he's just a puppet.
When Trump finally crosses enough lines to force Congress to take action, those Republican politicians who have remained silent or conveniently looked the other way will be held accountable - and it won't be a pretty day of reckoning!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
When Trump finally crosses enough lines to force Congress to take action, those Republican politicians who have remained silent or conveniently looked the other way will be held accountable - and it won't be a pretty day of reckoning!
President Trump will continue to keep his promises and make America great again - MAGA

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

I see you're still going through the denial process.

Don't worry- just grab that white chip and surrender, you're on day one and we're going to get through this :)