The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I find that both so called Left and Right media mix fact with the untruth one fool coined "alternate fact" in the midst of her own example of her practice of an ever duplicitous double-standard.

In this, only an incompetent will hold to one, straight out extreme, so called Left or so called Right, view.

Which explains the bigotry of so many, regardless of their supposed righteous Left or Right view - yours, included.

Fox News is the only station that was fair with Trump- I lost a lot of respect for others through the election because they are just so ridiculously biased. Especially MSNBC.
I mean come on now, can a person with a straight face tell me that they were being professional?
:plain: They acted like children, and when Trump won they abandoned ship- left their viewers hanging when their narrative failed and were like fish in the sea for the following three days after.

That's not news, that's just hypnotizing society with nonsense.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...Confused we'll call it.
You wouldn't if you knew me, but I've heard worse. :chuckle:

How 'bout those :BRAVO: godless public schools and potholes?
I don't send my son to school for religious instruction any more than I take him to church to learn mathematics. And potholes are like laugh lines. They just show good use. :)

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[F]ar right zealots often describe anyone not leaning to the same as 'liberals' it's just another example of extremist nuttiness in action...

I think TH would describe himself more as a liberal (genuinely open to ideas)--not a Leftist--only good for: stealing, killing and destroying (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10).

See:

Why I left the Left ~ Prager University

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Someone is giving away criminals?

I'm all for more compassion in the justice system- I think there are a lot of people in prison doing an absurd amount of time they don't actually deserve.

But

Abusing the power of governing, and freeing criminals who ought not be free, is ridiculous.
Society ultimately suffers while you all are dubbed benevolent.

Interesting. I don't agree with the policy AND your mischaracterization of it.

You know how easy it is for you or me to go into a DMV and have our ID's labeled as 'female'?

They don't even inquire, they will just print it on there.

Anyone can be a woman :rolleyes:

Because *liberalism*

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm all for more compassion in the justice system- I think there are a lot of people in prison doing an absurd amount of time they don't actually deserve.
And by people you mean who? What sort?

Abusing the power of governing, and freeing criminals who ought not be free, is ridiculous.
So who's worthy and who isn't? Non-violent offenders?

Society ultimately suffers while you all are dubbed benevolent.
You keep doing that and it's still goofy. I'm not on a parole board and you haven't made any serious distinctions.

You know how easy it is for you or me to go into a DMV and have our ID's labeled as 'female'?
Here? Couldn't tell you. But you still don't see what you did there, do you?

Anyone can be a woman :rolleyes:
Anyone can be a man. But people tend to be and remain one or the other.

Because *liberalism*
So it's like the interstate, public education and hospitals having to take you on if you're in need but penniless, only this one you don't like.

Arthur Brain

I think TH would describe himself more as a liberal (genuinely open to ideas)--not a Leftist--only good for: stealing, killing and destroying (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10).

Why not ask him instead of your bizarre inferences...?

For that matter, why not ask Kmo if he's a vampire and take his word when he says he isn't? Guy can be a pain in the neck on occasion but hey...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Call the new White House Motown, because the hits just keep on coming.

This from ABC News:

Republican Sen. Ben Sasse said he doesn't "understand"​
President Trump's statements on Russian leader Vladimir Putin or the president's slamming a federal judge as a "so-called judge."

"I'll be honest, I don't understand language like that," Sasse said in the "This Week" interview that aired Sunday. "We don't have so-called judges, we don't have so-called senators, we don't have so-called presidents. We have people from three different branches of government who take an oath to uphold and defend the constitution. And it's important that we do better civics education for our kids."

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
google

it's not just for kids anymore:

so-called
ˈsō ˈˌkôld/
adjective
adjective: so-called; adjective: socalled

used to show that something or someone is commonly designated by the name or term specified.

"next on the list are so-called “soft” chemicals like phosphorous acid"
synonyms: inappropriately named, supposed, alleged, presumed, ostensible, reputed; More
nominal, titular, self-styled, professed, would-be, self-appointed, soi-disant
"your so-called dream date is hitting on our waitress"

used to express one's view that a name or term is inappropriate.

"she could trust him more than any of her so-called friends"

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Trump didn't realize how much power he'd given Bannon until after he gave it to him:

From the NYT:

Mr. Priebus bristles at the perception that he occupies a diminished perch in the West Wing pecking order compared with previous chiefs. But for the moment, Mr. Bannon remains the president’s dominant adviser, despite Mr. Trump’s anger that he was not fully briefed on details of the executive order he signed giving his chief strategist a seat on the National Security Council, a greater source of frustration to the president than the fallout from the travel ban.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So who's worthy and who isn't? Non-violent offenders?

There's an obvious problem in the judicial system in which one person could spend a decade in jail for a crime another gets a couple years probation for.

'Justice is blind' is simply not practiced- it's a lie we repeat to make ourselves feel better :rolleyes:

Anyone can be a man. But people tend to be and remain one or the other.

It's crime to have an incorrect ID- but not for the most fundamentally identifiable label on them.
How much sense does that make :plain:

It's like those Muslim women wanting to wear a full covered burqa on their ID- it makes it utterly pointless to even have one.
But somehow, that makes sense in the liberal's brain.

ok doser

Following reports that Trump expects his female employees to "dress like women," here are a few women "dressed like women:" :)

dressing like a woman:

burka-babes.jpg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
A county Republican official in Michigan has apologized for suggesting that there should be a crackdown on "violent protesters" and calling for "another Kent State."
"I’m thinking another Kent State might be the only solution. Protest stopped after only one death."

"Violent protesters who shut down free speech? Time for another Kent State perhaps. One bullet stops a lot of thuggery," he tweeted the same day.

His Twitter account has since been apparently deleted, but the apology is still accessible via the Internet Archive.

Trump’s advisers want a new civil war

Oh, and there's this:

[h=1]Trump Declares That 'Any Negative Polls Are Fake News'[/h]
Got that America? Anything negative about the Feckless Leader is automatically fake.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
There's an obvious problem in the judicial system in which one person could spend a decade in jail for a crime another gets a couple years probation for.
Why so shy with particulars? I gave you the opening. Well, allow me then. Blacks receive disproportionately harsh treatment and sentencing. I believe you've noted that men received similarly disproportionate sentencing when compared to women. I suspect that both are tied to cultural expectations and biases.

'Justice is blind' is simply not practiced- it's a lie we repeat to make ourselves feel better :rolleyes:
The problem is that bias can move the margins where you have necessary, even intrinsically helpful ranges of sentencing. Or, we have to retain the right to mitigate and to sentence relative to particulars, but we need to do a much better job of seeing to it that gender and race aren't part of what moves the application of guidelines.

It's crime to have an incorrect ID- but not for the most fundamentally identifiable label on them.
How much sense does that make :plain:
If we recognize gender as being something other than biological expression it makes sense. If we limit it to that, it doesn't.

It's like those Muslim women wanting to wear a full covered burqa on their ID- it makes it utterly pointless to even have one.
But somehow, that makes sense in the liberal's brain.
That's too distorted and goofy to bother with. Frame a serious objection in serious terms and I'll happily meet and consider it, as I just did with gender identification. Don't and, well, I'm bored with that sort of thing.

ok doser

Blacks receive disproportionately harsh treatment and sentencing.

:think:
a black from an impoverished background is imprisoned for a crime and provided with free food, lodging, clothing, education, health care, etc for ten years

vs

a wealthy white (think bernie madoff) is imprisoned for a crime and denied the luxuries to which he has become accustomed

which is dealt with more harshly?