The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
God inspires, yes....not sure about 'forces'. Inspiration can be distorted or conditioned by the human channel to varying degrees,...then there are some 'creative doctoring' from scribes over many centuries.

'God' alone is Spirit and Life. Words printed on paper are lifeless and valueless without the Mind and Spirit to interpret or impress the inner meanings to the soul.

pj

Inspired by God means a lot more than that

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
I see no convincing evidence for this hypothesis yet. Perhaps you can start a new thread on that subject?

Readers of the Bible or UB are to read such texts with an open mind and heart, letting the Spirit of truth lead and guide. If any ideas, ideals, concepts, principles, laws are true in any text,...the Spirit will bear witness of such....conveying their meaning and value.

pj

It's better to close your eyes and take that leap that the Bible is the Word of God. You don't need proof even though I've see them. God does the softening of the heart, not the proofs I've seen. The proofs tells me that another spirit wants you to reject gods Words. The urantia certainly isn't helping. Thd proofs made me sure that you don't know what you're talking about.

Zeke

It's better to close your eyes and take that leap that the Bible is the Word of God. You don't need proof even though I've see them. God does the softening of the heart, not the proofs I've seen. The proofs tells me that another spirit wants you to reject gods Words. The urantia certainly isn't helping. Thd proofs made me sure that you don't know what you're talking about.

Then you observed another kingdom and christ outside yourself, Luke 17:20-21. And possibly you're the one with a deceiving spirit of emotion that has rewoven the literal veil of the letter over those eyes 2Cor 3:6 and a still confused first born Luke 7:20 of the earthly woman Galatians 4:24, Matt 11:11.

Aimiel

Plenty of contradictions, differences, cultural contrasts, author-opinions, redactions, interpolations, additions/ommissions woven thru-out the 'scriptures'
Actually, none of what you've said above is true, at all. :nono:

Par for the course with you: lies on top of lies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Closing ones eyes and believing things that are not true isn't faith. Salvation is based on faith in God.

Aimiel

'God' alone is Spirit and Life. Words printed on paper are lifeless and valueless without the Mind and Spirit to interpret or impress the inner meanings to the soul.
Jesus said otherwise...

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

His Words are alive in those who believe. They're dead to you, because of your un-belief.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Closing ones eyes and believing things that are not true isn't faith. Salvation is based on faith in God.

The unregenerates would just hit the the bottom and go splat. Only the elects would make such jump cause God made them willing. Salvation is based only on His children that He drew and gave to Jesus according to the bible you don't believe so yes, today, you'll go splat if you made a leap cause I told you so. God does the saving and the saved believes in all of the bible. Only the unregenerates have no plans to believe in Gods Words. Looks like you're sticking to your plans as the bibles states you dont know.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The unregenerates would just hit the the bottom and go splat. Only the elects would make such jump cause God made them willing. Salvation is based only on His children that He drew and gave to Jesus according to the bible you don't believe so yes, today, you'll go splat if you made a leap cause I told you so. God does the saving and the saved believes in all of the bible. Only the unregenerates have no plans to believe in Gods Words. Looks like you're sticking to your plans as the bibles states you dont know.

Silly analogy, I'm already saved, I am a child of the Living God. It is not required to believe terrible things about God or trust what some arrogant scribe wrote 2,500 years ago. The people who rejected Jesus wrote the Old Testament books, they still reject him.

Aimiel

If you were saved, you were saved by The Blood of The Lamb, without which no one can be saved. Trying to sneak into Heaven without The Blood is fruitless. Only His Blood can wash you clean. You reject Him just as the ones walking around in religious pageantry did when He walked the earth. You trample His Blood underfoot. That's a really big 'no-no' in Jesus' Eyes.

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Proving the words..........

Proving the words..........

Cause God said so

You're back to the circular course of either an assumption that 'God' said so....or because you say so,.....since both are inter-dependent. Again,....you're assuming 'God' (whoever or however you define this 'term') spoke and we have his words accurately, definitively encapsulated in some books, specially canonized by a certain community.

All religious books are open to research to discover what value they have, yet you cant judge a book you haven't adequately investigated (at least the main principles, terms, foundation, context, cosmology) until you've considered such by learning what its all about, instead of just presuming from disinformation or ignorance. (back to "the UB is false, because the Bible is true,...because God says so....oops....I mean because I so say so" :) )

"Cause God said so" doesn't do much in the area of scientific evidence, or convince much more than a "because I say so", or "I believe that such and such is true" (granted there is room for personal religious experience of inner 'gnosis' of the Spirit). The 'God' in the Bible (some see a different one in the OT than the NT) may or may not be 'God' (however one defines it), but such might depend on the case or passage.

The 'God' described in the UB is clearly revealed for any to study and prove for themselves, a 'God' of love, power, beauty, goodness, justice, truth, freedom. A precursory reading of the first 5 papers is all one needs to consider to prove the 'God' of the Urantia Papers. This 'God' is the Universal Father of all beings, the Originator, the Infinite ONE.

pj

Aimiel

...you cant judge a book you haven't adequately investigated...
Actually we can. We have communion with The Holy Spirit, Whom Jesus said would guide us into ALL Truth.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

He doesn't commend us to demonic doctrine such as the Urantia demonic nonsense. We also have a relationship with Him (The Living God) and recognize counterfeits.

Jesus said, "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me," and He said we wouldn't follow strangers, "And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers."

Your Jebus (the fake god of Urantia who doesn't even exist) is a STRANGER. You and Caino preach another gospel. That gospel is NOT The Gospel. You're leading people to hell.

As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

I hereby allow both you and Caino to be: ACCURSSED. So be it.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
YAHWEH AND BAAL

97:3.1 "The long-drawn-out controversy between the believers in Yahweh and the followers of Baal was a socioeconomic clash of ideologies rather than a difference in religious beliefs.

97:3.2 The inhabitants of Palestine differed in their attitude toward private ownership of land. The southern or wandering Arabian tribes (the Yahwehites) looked upon land as an inalienable—as a gift of Deity to the clan. They held that land could not be sold or mortgaged. "Yahweh spoke, saying, `The land shall not be sold, for the land is mine.'"

97:3.3 The northern and more settled Canaanites (the Baalites) freely bought, sold, and mortgaged their lands. The word Baal means owner. The Baal cult was founded on two major doctrines: First, the validation of property exchange, contracts, and covenants—the right to buy and sell land. Second, Baal was supposed to send rain—he was a god of fertility of the soil. Good crops depended on the favor of Baal. The cult was largely concerned with land, its ownership and fertility.

97:3.4 In general, the Baalites owned houses, lands, and slaves. They were the aristocratic landlords and lived in the cities. Each Baal had a sacred place, a priesthood, and the "holy women," the ritual prostitutes.

97:3.5 Out of this basic difference in the regard for land, there evolved the bitter antagonisms of social, economic, moral, and religious attitudes exhibited by the Canaanites and the Hebrews. This socioeconomic controversy did not become a definite religious issue until the times of Elijah. From the days of this aggressive prophet the issue was fought out on more strictly religious lines—Yahweh vs. Baal—and it ended in the triumph of Yahweh and the subsequent drive toward monotheism.

97:3.6 Elijah shifted the Yahweh-Baal controversy from the land issue to the religious aspect of Hebrew and Canaanite ideologies. When Ahab murdered the Naboths in the intrigue to get possession of their land, Elijah made a moral issue out of the olden land mores and launched his vigorous campaign against the Baalites. This was also a fight of the country folk against domination by the cities. It was chiefly under Elijah that Yahweh became Elohim. The prophet began as an agrarian reformer and ended up by exalting Deity. Baals were many, Yahweh was one—monotheism won over polytheism." UB 1955

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
'God' is the primal original reality......

'God' is the primal original reality......

First off, I'm not rejecting any truth in the Bible, or discrediting its 'inspiration' (some books may be more inspired or distorted than others). The UB accepts and builds upon the truth given in earlier dispensations. 'Revelation' is progressive.

As a student of religion, metaphysics, philosophy and other pathways...of the eclectic wisdom tradition, I accept the universal truths found in all religious. 'God' is One.

No one has a monopoly on 'God', as God is the one universal infinite reality.

1:2.1 God is primal reality in the spirit world; God is the source of truth in the mind spheres; God overshadows all throughout the material realms. To all created intelligences God is a personality, and to the universe of universes he is the First Source and Center of eternal reality. God is neither manlike nor machinelike. The First Father is universal spirit, eternal truth, infinite reality, and father personality.

1:2.7 The existence of God can never be proved by scientific experiment or by the pure reason of logical deduction. God can be realized only in the realms of human experience; nevertheless, the true concept of the reality of God is reasonable to logic, plausible to philosophy, essential to religion and indispensable to any hope of personality survival.

1:2.8 Those who know God have experienced the fact of his presence; such God-knowing mortals hold in their personal experience the only positive proof of the existence of the living God which one human being can offer to another. The existence of God is utterly beyond all possibility of demonstration except for the contact between the God-consciousness of the human mind and the God-presence of the Thought Adjuster that indwells the mortal intellect and is bestowed upon man as the free gift of the Universal Father.

Here we see the significance of the 'though-adjuster' that indwells the mind of man, the very presence of the Father individualized within mortals.

See: God within Man

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
True atonement..........

True atonement..........

If you were saved, you were saved by The Blood of The Lamb, without which no one can be saved. Trying to sneak into Heaven without The Blood is fruitless. Only His Blood can wash you clean. You reject Him just as the ones walking around in religious pageantry did when He walked the earth. You trample His Blood underfoot. That's a really big 'no-no' in Jesus' Eyes.

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

See: Reconsidering the concept of blood atonement (follow all linked commentary)

You're still stuck on 'blood-atonement'. We've already covered such, also within a 'eucharistic' context,....symbols and tokens. The UB portrays such as a remembrance meal, the tokens of bread and wine being the spiritual nourishment shared among believers in the kingdom. Such deals more with the communion of the sons of God, a meal celebrated in thanksgiving.

God seeks an open heart, humility, surrender, true repentance,....that is all that is essential. No amount of animal or human blood can perfectly atone for sin, or purify the conscience of an individual all by itself....without real repentance.

pj

Aimiel

First off, I'm not rejecting any truth in the Bible...
Liar.
...or discrediting its 'inspiration' (some books may be more inspired or distorted than others).
Sounds like rejection and discrediting to me. :duh:
The UB accepts and builds upon the truth given in earlier dispensations.
Then why does it reject and discredit Christ's Blood? :duh:
No one has a monopoly on 'God'...
Jesus said that He does:

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

NO ONE can come to The Father if they don't come to Him by way of Jesus.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Actually we can. We have communion with The Holy Spirit, Whom Jesus said would guide us into ALL Truth.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

He doesn't commend us to demonic doctrine such as the Urantia demonic nonsense. We also have a relationship with Him (The Living God) and recognize counterfeits.

Jesus said, "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me," and He said we wouldn't follow strangers, "And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers."

Your Jebus (the fake god of Urantia who doesn't even exist) is a STRANGER. You and Caino preach another gospel. That gospel is NOT The Gospel. You're leading people to hell.

As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

I hereby allow both you and Caino to be: ACCURSSED. So be it.

You're under the spell of Paul's charge of cursing any other gospel besides his own (his own 'spin'), but I'd be careful of who or what I 'curse', let alone calling anyone a 'fool', per Jesus caution.

The social gospel of Jesus in the UB is wholly acceptable, good, serviceable and exemplary, as far as upholding the best principles of religious living, in faith-service to God and man. You're welcome to share what in Part 4 of Jesus teachings that you find to be 'erroneous', because the teaching is far from such, emulating only the highest principles of truth, beauty and goodness. Such a gospel is founded upon the truth of the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of man.

pj

Aimiel

God seeks an open heart, humility, surrender, true repentance,....that is all that is essential. No amount of animal or human blood can perfectly atone for sin, or purify the conscience of an individual all by itself....without real repentance.
You're partially right, since it is only The Blood of Christ, Who, Alone, is God, that can cleanse sin once and for all. All the thinking or conceptualizing or study or alternative gods you can come up with cannot do what one drop of Christ's Blood can. You're simply ignoring the single most important thing that there is in the universe. It doesn't pay to be ignorant. It's very expensive, to say the least. Being partially right doesn't count in Heaven. You have to be completely right and no one is righteous, not one. Only Christ is. Only His Blood and Righteousness can save you. You need Him more than anyone on this earth. You're lost. Without hope. A sinner. REPENT!!!

Aimiel

Sadly,...you're under the spell of Paul's charge of cursing any other gospel besides his own (his own 'spin'), but I'd be careful of who or what I 'curse', let alone calling anyone a 'fool', per Jesus caution.
Your advice is worthless, since you cannot even see The Kingdom.

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
The social gospel of Jesus in the UB is wholly acceptable, good, serviceable and exemplary, as far as upholding the best principles of religious living, in faith-service to God and man.
It's worthless. Worse than that, it is accursed, just like you and Caino are. :duh:
You're welcome to share what in Part 4 of Jesus teachings that you find to be 'erroneous', because the teaching is far from such, emulating only the highest principles of truth, beauty and goodness. Such a gospel is founded upon the truth of the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of man.
Every single sentence in the Urantia demonic doctrine Book is worthless, since it is half-truth and plagiarized from Scripture. Since it is 'half-truth' it is whole lies. You need to believe Scripture, not demonically inspired nonsense.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the kingdom is within......

the kingdom is within......

Your advice is worthless, since you cannot even see The Kingdom.

God bless you too. I trust 'God' knows those who know Him and works thru those vessels that are open to be used by him. You cant limit, restrict, qualify or contain the Infinite ;)

paulie

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Silly analogy, I'm already saved, I am a child of the Living God. It is not required to believe terrible things about God or trust what some arrogant scribe wrote 2,500 years ago. The people who rejected Jesus wrote the Old Testament books, they still reject him.

Still God said so through men but what God said still stands reguardless if any of the writers are saved or not. Like tongues, some men didn't know any thing about speaking languages of another country but they did anyway cause the Spirit did it for them. The Spirit can use anyone to write down what He wants to say. We dont know if your going to be saved or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.