The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letsargue

I do not curse people.

You don't "Curse" people???

If you condemn them the Way you do, that certainly is "Cursing" them!! -- You need to know what WORDS Mean. -- Well, - for you it doesn't matter, just for everyone else, that keeps you "CLEAN" as you want to be!!

I'm out of here!!!

Paul

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Paul's cursings.............

Paul's cursings.............

Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!

Already addressed this 'claim' from Paul here. This claim is Paul's own, concerning his own gospel. His 'curse' is aimed at anyone not teaching according to his own terms and allowances. - in the context of his confrontation with Peter, he was possibly cursing the core teaching of Jewish laws and customs held in reverence among the Jerusalem Community (the pillars and such) since he was having issues with agreeing with them over certain Jewish/Gentile contingencies. One can research more on this from many sources (links provided), since Paul is an enigma. Anyone can use his letters, to promote or reject various doctrines or practices, or take up some of his 'opinions' which he also shares, its pretty much "up for grabs".

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
no need for bloodshed.................

no need for bloodshed.................

Real blood had to be shed.

Can you prove this is necessary? Can you prove God himself desires blood to appease himself? Can you disprove that these could be the doctrines and teachings of man?

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

We've addressed the concept of 'blood atonement' earlier here (see also Rabbi Stuart Federow's article linked below commentary). The passage above needs to be read in context. No orthodox Jew would ever use this passage to refer to their Messiah, since their Messiah is not a blood sacrifice, neither can the blood of another man atone for anyone, since all are responsible for their own 'sins' (the principle of self-responsibility).

True 'atonement' is achieved simply by 'returning to God', - 'repentance'.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the good news of Life.........

the good news of Life.........

Caino said things he knew were offensive to those who believed in the Holy Scriptures.

Caino can be a bit hasty in his posting, but he is currently firm in his belief in the papers as the latest revelation to man, being the 5th Epochal Revelation to the planet. Jesus bestowal on earth, was the 4th. In the light of progressive revelation, its obvious that new writings expanding upon older writings will improve, challenge and illuminate older principles or concepts, plus supply 'corrections' where needed. That's what an 'upgrade' or new download of information does.

He chooses to believe in another gospel.

He believes in the gospel Jesus taught explained amply in Part 4 of the papers. Its the gospel of the kingdom of heaven, grounded in the central truth of the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man. If you have a problem with that and want to 'discuss' it (remember this is a discussion forum), then specify what parts you disagree with and why. Otherwise you're simply pontificating.

That is how this other gospel teaches him to speak against the written Word.

Perhaps your 'faith' in this concept of the 'written word' (pick your 'canon') needs to be reviewed, to see if it may be misplaced or unduly given. Its based on an 'assumption' and held by a 'belief'. That is it. If you want to intelligently engage in a dialogue on the rich, composite and diverse subject material in the papers, you'd be engaging it and proving you have the intelligence and creativity to do so (with interest and desire to learn more), instead of merely attacking and posturing.

Not all is black or white,...Life includes a plethora of colours, dimensions and forms. Infinity as well, if we contemplate it, allows for all possibilities and potentials innate within it, to unfold and express. You constrict yourself within 'letters' when the Spirit alone is life. The 'word' of God is living, it is ever momentous, dynamic and alive. - written words are symbols, vehicles, carriers, pointers only,.....but the spirit of truth is that which matters, showing the meaning and value behind the letters.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Caino can be a bit hasty in his posting, but he is currently firm in his belief in the papers as the latest revelation to man, being the 5th Epochal Revelation to the planet. Jesus bestowal on earth, was the 4th. In the light of progressive revelation, its obvious that new writings expanding upon older writings will improve, challenge and illuminate older principles or concepts, plus supply 'corrections' where needed. That's what an 'upgrade' or new download of information does.

He believes in the gospel Jesus taught explained amply in Part 4 of the papers. Its the gospel of the kingdom of heaven, grounded in the central truth of the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man. If you have a problem with that and want to 'discuss' it (remember this is a discussion forum), then specify what parts you disagree with and why. Otherwise you're simply pontificating.

Perhaps your 'faith' in this concept of the 'written word' (pick your 'canon') needs to be reviewed, to see if it may be misplaced or unduly given. Its based on an 'assumption' and held by a 'belief'. That is it. If you want to intelligently engage in a dialogue on the rich, composite and diverse subject material in the papers, you'd be engaging it and proving you have the intelligence and creativity to do so (with interest and desire to learn more), instead of merely attacking and posturing.

Not all is black or white,...Life includes a plethora of colours, dimensions and forms. Infinity as well, if we contemplate it, allows for all possibilities and potentials innate within it, to unfold and express. You constrict yourself within 'letters' when the Spirit alone is life. The 'word' of God is living, it is ever momentous, dynamic and alive. - written words are symbols, vehicles, carriers, pointers only,.....but the spirit of truth is that which matters, showing the meaning and value behind the letters.

pj

Bunch of baloney!!

God's Truth

pj

You are just trying to be rude. I am not pontificating, as you say. I go against the Catholics for adding beliefs to that of the Bible.

You also go against the written Word of God. The written Word of God says no other gospel. You definitely have another gospel. You pick and throw away things from the Holy Bible, and make your own Bible, which is really no Bible at all.

God's Word is powerful. One scripture, if obeyed can prevent many false doctrines and denominations.

No other gospel. Believe and obey.

God's Truth

Can you prove this is necessary? Can you prove God himself desires blood to appease himself? Can you disprove that these could be the doctrines and teachings of man?

We've addressed the concept of 'blood atonement' earlier here (see also Rabbi Stuart Federow's article linked below commentary). The passage above needs to be read in context. No orthodox Jew would ever use this passage to refer to their Messiah, since their Messiah is not a blood sacrifice, neither can the blood of another man atone for anyone, since all are responsible for their own 'sins' (the principle of self-responsibility).

True 'atonement' is achieved simply by 'returning to God', - 'repentance'.

pj

You rewrote the Bible. You took out things that you did not like, and added things that are not true.

The animal sacrifices were a teaching tool of what was coming, Jesus Christ.

Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament.

Believe and obey.

God's Truth

Already addressed this 'claim' from Paul here. This claim is Paul's own, concerning his own gospel. His 'curse' is aimed at anyone not teaching according to his own terms and allowances. - in the context of his confrontation with Peter, he was possibly cursing the core teaching of Jewish laws and customs held in reverence among the Jerusalem Community (the pillars and such) since he was having issues with agreeing with them over certain Jewish/Gentile contingencies. One can research more on this from many sources (links provided), since Paul is an enigma. Anyone can use his letters, to promote or reject various doctrines or practices, or take up some of his 'opinions' which he also shares, its pretty much "up for grabs".

pj

Paul opposed Peter because Peter was acting outside the faith. Peter was afraid of the Jews. Peter acted outside of the faith because he was afraid. It was not the first time Peter acted out of faith because of fear.

God's Truth

You don't "Curse" people???

If you condemn them the Way you do, that certainly is "Cursing" them!! -- You need to know what WORDS Mean. -- Well, - for you it doesn't matter, just for everyone else, that keeps you "CLEAN" as you want to be!!

I'm out of here!!!

Paul

I have not cursed anyone, or condemned anyone.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You are just trying to be rude. I am not pontificating, as you say. I go against the Catholics for adding beliefs to that of the Bible.

Far from rude,...just delivering the facts and observations as I see them.

You also go against the written Word of God.

That's your assumption based upon what you 'believe' is the 'word of God'.

The written Word of God says no other gospel. You definitely have another gospel.

You mean Paul's claim, which is his own. Paul wasn't speaking for all the bible writers, but only his own teaching. We covered this, some more research about Paul is recommended.

You pick and throw away things from the Holy Bible, and make your own Bible, which is really no Bible at all.

People pick and choose what they want to believe daily. A 'Bible' is a man-organized collection of various religious writings,....and 'canons' of such writings may vary from community to community.

God's Word is powerful. One scripture, if obeyed can prevent many false doctrines and denominations.

Depends on interpretation/translation eh? :)

Remember the subject here is about the Urantia Papers,...did you have any particular section or concept from the papers you wanted to engage in an intelligent discussion upon? You said earlier you're not interested in researching any links or reading any of the papers. That pretty much disqualifies you from participating in any 'discussion' here.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You mean Paul's claim, which is his own. Paul wasn't speaking for all the bible writers, but only his own teaching. We covered this, some more research about Paul is recommended.

People pick and choose what they want to believe daily. A 'Bible' is a man-organized collection of various religious writings,....and 'canons' of such writings may vary from community to community.

Remember the subject here is about the Urantia Papers,...did you have any particular section or concept from the papers you wanted to engage in an intelligent discussion upon? You said earlier you're not interested in researching any links or reading any of the papers. That pretty much disqualifies you from participating in any 'discussion' here.

pj

How's the UFO business treating you?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Buffoon buster............

Buffoon buster............

How's the UFO business treating you?

Get educated first here. Without that 'education' we have nothing to discuss. Your flittering about making pot-shots, silly little jabs and trolling is apparently "currently" allowed here (I'd not count on it), but would not be allowed in other forums. Those serious about the subject are likely not giving your posts so much as a glance, unless its part of the discussion, since its getting annoyingly tedious.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Papers on Buddhism

The Papers on Buddhism

~*~*~

For those interested, I cross-referenced the UB's perspective on Buddhism in one of our threads on Buddhism here :)

pj

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Get educated first here. Without that 'education' we have nothing to discuss. Your flittering about making pot-shots, silly little jabs and trolling is apparently "currently" allowed here (I'd not count on it), but would not be allowed in other forums. Those serious about the subject are likely not giving your posts so much as a glance, unless its part of the discussion, since its getting annoyingly tedious.

pj

small-brain-shanghai-homer-simpson.jpg

God's Truth

~*~*~

For those interested, I cross-referenced the UB's perspective on Buddhism in one of our threads on Buddhism here :)

pj

How do you ever get that it is okay to pick and chose what you want to believe in the Bible?

If you do not believe one part of it, how is it that you can decide you will believe another part?

God's Truth

pj

I think Grosnick's reply to you on this is more than acceptable.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Use your own discernment, and be ever open to learn, research, discover.....

Use your own discernment, and be ever open to learn, research, discover.....

How do you ever get that it is okay to pick and chose what you want to believe in the Bible?

As much as I'm at liberty to think for myself and open myself to divine inspiration and guidance, I'll afford myself the opportunity, as any other. The Bible is a collection of various books written by different human authors at different time-periods so reflects the human mediums or writers, their belief-systems, cult-ure, background, influences at that particular time, such writings also being subject to 'redactions/revisions/doctoring' by scribes, as well as things being 'lost' or 'distorted' via translation, add onto that...'interpretation'.

If you do not believe one part of it, how is it that you can decide you will believe another part?

A book is to be judged by its content in relation to the context in which it was written.

I personally find some books more interesting and inspired than others in the Bible, and in other religious scriptures. Why would I have to accept a collection of books written at various times by different authors to be of equal value or truth-content? - to assume such is the folly of assumption, pushed by some "inerrant word of God" concept. The Bible is not the only book inspired by or influenced by 'God', to believe that is to really suffer from a compartmentalization complex. Can you contain the infinite or crystallize a living reality that is endless and of eternal creative potential and revelatory power? Can you contain or assume a final formulation of what is true of Infinite Intelligence?

'God' is a universal Spirit-presence, not limited to only one human cult-ure or religious tradition. The reality of 'God' is omnipresent, ever radiant, being indivisible, the very 'light' that is enabling you and I to be conscious to relate these very words and ideas. 'God' is the very essence and consciousness of all beings, wherein all conditions and worlds arise, and inhere back into,...because 'God' is all there is. Remember, God is One, One Spirit, One Energy, One Mind, One Essence, One Universal Be-ing. All is derived from, inheres in and is encompassed by 'God'.

God is all.

'God' is truly INFINITE.

~*~*~

God's Everywhereness

3:0.1 GOD IS EVERYWHERE present; the Universal Father rules the circle of eternity. But he rules in the local universes in the persons of his Paradise Creator Sons, even as he bestows life through these Sons. “God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Sons.” These Creator Sons of God are the personal expression of himself in the sectors of time and to the children of the whirling planets of the evolving universes of space.

3:1.1 The ability of the Universal Father to be everywhere present, and at the same time, constitutes his omnipresence. God alone can be in two places, in numberless places, at the same time. God is simultaneously present “in heaven above and on the earth beneath”; as the Psalmist exclaimed: “Whither shall I go from your spirit? or whither shall I flee from your presence?”

3:1.2 “`I am a God at hand as well as afar off,’ says the Lord. `Do not I fill heaven and earth?'” The Universal Father is all the time present in all parts and in all hearts of his far-flung creation. He is “the fullness of him who fills all and in all,” and “who works all in all,” and further, the concept of his personality is such that “the heaven universe and heaven of heavens (universe of universes) cannot contain him.” It is literally true that God is all and in all. But even that is not all of God. The Infinite can be finally revealed only in infinity; the cause can never be fully comprehended by an analysis of effects; the living God is immeasurably greater than the sum total of creation that has come into being as a result of the creative acts of his unfettered free will. God is revealed throughout the cosmos, but the cosmos can never contain or encompass the entirety of the infinity of God.

Paper 3 - The Attributes of God

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
trolling is nothing to be proud of........

trolling is nothing to be proud of........

I think Grosnick's reply to you on this is more than acceptable.

Only if you've sunk to his level of buffoonery and ridicule, and have taken company with his ignorance and subtle bigotry.

GM's ridiculous response was far from 'acceptable' let alone legitimate. My response to his nonsensical "UFO reference" has been answered over and over and over here. His weak attempt of accusing fanaticism has backfired on him (he being the actual fanatic here), but he continues his obsession of trolling, nay-saying and poking fun at the UB because he's found nothing better to do with his time.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Only if you've sunk to his level of buffoonery and ridicule, and have taken company with his ignorance and subtle bigotry.

GM's ridiculous response was far from 'acceptable' let alone legitimate. My response to his nonsensical "UFO reference" has been answered over and over and over here. His weak attempt of accusing fanaticism has backfired on him (he being the actual fanatic here), but he continues his obsession of trolling, nay-saying and poking fun at the UB because he's found nothing better to do with his time.

pj

Why not report me then? Have your, 'little green men' advised you
not to? Have they threatened to put your flights on their UFOs, on
hold if you should disobey their orders? Face the facts my friend,
you're a 3rd class cultist who trusts in 'Cosmic entities' that don't
quite exist! In fact, they don't exist! Don't start crying like a baby
when you read this post! I can't stand seeing a half grown man, cry!

Status
Not open for further replies.