The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimiel

The Urantia papers do NOT teach what Scripture teaches. They teach half-truths which are exactly the same things as: WHOLE LIES. :duh:

They teach the brotherhood of man, without repentance unto salvation through Jesus' Blood. That is NOT what Jesus taught. He said that His Blood was given as a ransom for many. Those whom it is NOT a ransom for are those who believe the UB over God's Holy Word and who trample Jesus' Blood under their feet in so doing.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Have you ever read the gospels, NT, etc.? The concept of the kingdom of God which includes the theme of the 'Fatherhood of God and brotherhood of Man', is it not in the Bible? Is it not taught there that we must be born of the spirit to understand the things of the spirit (the kingdom)? Does the Bible not teach that we are the children of God, and that God is Our Father? How did Jesus teach us to pray? (see the Lord's prayer). These are plain truths taught in the scriptures....and further confirmed and expanded on in the papers.

If you actually spent the time seeing what Jesus is recorded to have taught in the papers,

The "papers" are fraudulent/fictional additions to the "true" written
word of God!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
really.........

really.........

However, they are fraudulent because, they were a 'work
of fiction,' and not inspired by God!

They say if you stick your fingers in your ears, and repeat the same mantra over and over again, you'll start believing that mantra. Such is the case. The burden of proof that you have yet to prove, is showing that the UB is a 'work of fiction', and that its uninspired. All we have is your ignorant assumption of a work you haven't read, and repeated 'assertions'. Readers here can make their own choice as to who is wearing the 'dingaling' cap here.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Freelight, you're a urantia-ite for certain! I thought you said
the urantia papers were just one of the "works" that you've
studied? And, here you are, name calling, and defending the
book as if it were the Alamo?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
They say if you stick your fingers in your ears, and repeat the same mantra over and over again, you'll start believing that mantra. Such is the case. The burden of proof that you have yet to prove, is showing that the UB is a 'work of fiction', and that its uninspired. All we have is your ignorant assumption of a work you haven't read, and repeated 'assertions'. Readers here can make their own choice as to who is wearing the 'dingaling' cap here.

pj

One need not read the "Book of Mormon" to know it's
not inspired by God, but my man's imagination! One
need not read books on Scientology to know it's from
another man's imagination, and not God inspired!

The same goes for the urantia book!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Freelight, you're letting your temper get the best of you! Too
bad you can't control your urge to resort to name calling!
Shameful, and showing a degree of immaturity on your part!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Truth omnipresent................

Truth omnipresent................

"My Father does not require of you as the price of entering the kingdom of heaven that you should force yourself to subscribe to a belief in things which are spiritually repugnant, unholy, and untruthful. It is not required of you that your own sense of mercy, justice, and truth should be outraged by submission to an outworn system of religious forms and ceremonies. The religion of the spirit leaves you forever free to follow the truth wherever the leadings of the spirit may take you. And who can judge — perhaps this spirit may have something to impart to this generation which other generations have refused to hear?" Jesus

Its a beautiful thing that the religion of the spirit leaves you forever free to follow the truth wherever the leadings of the spirit may take you. This 'truth' is not limited to only one 'book', 'cult', 'religious tradition' or 'denomination'.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Its a beautiful thing that the religion of the spirit leaves you forever free to follow the truth wherever the leadings of the spirit may take you. This 'truth' is not limited to only one 'book', 'cult', 'religious tradition' or 'denomination'.

pj

The "True Holy Spirit" ONLY uses the written
word of God (the Bible) as His reference! Not
the Book of Mormon, Dianetics , nor the urantia
book!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the kingdom......

the kingdom......

Freelight, you're letting your temper get the best of you! Too
bad you can't control your urge to resort to name calling!
Shameful, and showing a degree of immaturity on your part!

If you'd like to learn and consider what Jesus teaches concerning the kingdom of God from the papers, go here.

Read and learn, then you can engage a proper discussion on the subject. Are you willing to do that much, for the sake of a genuine dialogue?

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Freelight, you have an eclectic mixture of new age
Spiritualism, strange spirit beings leaving messages
from beyond, etc., mixed with a small amount of
Christian belief! The Bible stands alone as the one
and only written word of God! Not meant to be,
watered down by man's imagination!

Lon

They say if you stick your fingers in your ears, and repeat the same mantra over and over again, you'll start believing that mantra. Such is the case. The burden of proof that you have yet to prove, is showing that the UB is a 'work of fiction', and that its uninspired.
Is that really a problem?

Jesus' ninth year - Urantia stuff
urantia papers said:
124:1.1 Though it could hardly be said that Jesus was ever seriously ill, he did have some of the minor ailments of childhood this year, along with his brothers and baby sister.
Who is writing this? His third grade teacher?

U-rant... papers said:
124:1.2 School went on and he was still a favored pupil, having one week each month at liberty, and he continued to divide his time about equally between trips to neighboring cities with his father, sojourns on his uncle’s farm south of Nazareth, and fishing excursions out from Magdala.
:think:
U-rant... papers said:
124:1.3 The most serious trouble as yet to come up at school occurred in late winter when Jesus dared to challenge the chazan regarding the teaching that all images, pictures, and drawings were idolatrous in nature. Jesus delighted in drawing landscapes as well as in modeling a great variety of objects in potter’s clay. Everything of that sort was strictly forbidden by Jewish law, but up to this time he had managed to disarm his parents’ objection to such an extent that they had permitted him to continue in these activities.
Interesting since they didn't come into existence until 600 A.D. :doh:
:chuckle:
U-rant... papers said:
124:1.4 But trouble was again stirred up at school when one of the more backward pupils discovered Jesus drawing a charcoal picture of the teacher on the floor of the schoolroom. There it was, plain as day, and many of the elders had viewed it before the committee went to call on Joseph to demand that something be done to suppress the lawlessness of his eldest son. And though this was not the first time complaints had come to Joseph and Mary about the doings of their versatile and aggressive child, this was the most serious of all the accusations which had thus far been lodged against him. Jesus listened to the indictment of his artistic efforts for some time, being seated on a large stone just outside the back door. He resented their blaming his father for his alleged misdeeds; so in he marched, fearlessly confronting his accusers. The elders were thrown into confusion. Some were inclined to view the episode humorously, while one or two seemed to think the boy was sacrilegious if not blasphemous. Joseph was nonplused, Mary indignant, but Jesus insisted on being heard. He had his say, courageously defended his viewpoint, and with consummate self-control announced that he would abide by the decision of his father in this as in all other matters controversial. And the committee of elders departed in silence.
U-rant...i...a papers.
Wow! How could we possibly have doubted?
All we have is your ignorant assumption of a work you haven't read,
I'm pretty sure one doesn't have to read much....
and repeated 'assertions'. Readers here can make their own choice as to who is wearing the 'dingaling' cap here.
pj
Could not agree more.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If you'd like to learn and consider what Jesus teaches concerning the kingdom of God from the papers, go here.

Read and learn, then you can engage a proper discussion on the subject. Are you willing to do that much, for the sake of a genuine dialogue?

pj

Once one has placed their faith in God's word,
the Holy Bible, they need not dilute the truth's
of His 'inspired' message to man!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
These urantia enthusiasts desire to have us read, and
study their papers before giving an opinion! One need not
research fictional/imaginary literature to know it's not
inspired by God! We already have the inspired written
word of God, what else do we need to ADD to that?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Addressing .................

Addressing .................

Jesus' ninth year - Urantia stuff

Who is writing this? His third grade teacher?

Ah, cherry picking I see. I suggested GM read Part 4 to see what Jesus is recorded to have taught (mostly about the kingdom of God and salvation), how much of it agrees with the gospels, while expanding on much more. His teachings given during his ministry are what is 'key'. The record of Jesus childhood/teen years is interesting, while I also glean from other records of Jesus supposed 'lost years'. I'll have to see if the UB records corroborates with other 'lost years' accounts.

Beyond that I recommend reading the first 12 papers, if you want to know the core-foundation of the theology presented. It is upon this base and within that context that all the other presentations of 'knowledge' relate. The theology on God's nature is solid as far as resonating with classical theology on the essential nature and attributes of Deity, but with an expanding cosmology enhancing comprehension-levels of universe reality and the relationships therein. In these areas of cosmology and hierarchal levels of Deity, the papers are unique, one of kind....not to mention the many orders of 'divine sons', 'angels' and 'cosmic beings' all having their special roles and ministries.

Interesting since they didn't come into existence until 600 A.D. :doh:
:chuckle:

Regarding the 'chazan', the revelators drew from the vast pool of human knowledge available to them, so that perhaps the term 'chazan' best represented the kind of 'minister' officiating at the religious service, even though back then they might have called them something else, even if the role and its duties may have been slightly different. I don't see a problem there, since terms and language are correlary symbols used to 'relate', and some modern terms could be used to describe a person, place or thing to better communicate the idea.

I'm pretty sure one doesn't have to read much....

Again, I challenge you with an open mind to read the first 12 papers, if you would better know the theology of the papers. We've already shared an audio-video series here, the last one being paper 11 on 'The Isle of Paradise' (text links are also there, plus links to previous videos so one can follow chronologically). I expound on and correlate primarily the religious-philosophical values and meanings with other religious teachings, however they relate. The theology is progressive, consistent, comprehensive.....expanding our vision of God, creation, the Universe of universes, the soul's eternal progress & destiny and the value of Jesus ministry, revealing him in a new light of identity within the divine hierarchy, as Our Creator Son, being also our Lord, Savior and 'God' (Jesus in the papers is our 'God' as far as he being our Creator and Savior. - of course the soteriology and eschatology is a bit different than Orthodox Christian theology because of the terms involved, .

I found some parts uninteresting, and a few passages that I found peculiar....and wondered how such 'style' of relating got in there, and these were areas of historical recollection and story telling, regarding man's history, his relationship to and evolution from the primate family, the wonderful story of Adam & Eve, and other curious ventures upon the periphery of the more foundational 'theology' that lay at the core.

I've been more interested in its teaching on Deity nature/relationships, cosmology, metaphysics, philosophy...and how 'religious principles' and 'values' fit into the greater picture concerning man's evolution and destiny, these being what the papers in their respective sections really expound upon. These more fundamental issues interest me.

Some are getting an incomplete picture of my writings here, as most of my older charter threads are no longer extant, otherwise I might be adding to those regularly, and have not recently created new threads, as some projects are sitting on the backburner. It comes down to time management and where you're focusing your time/attention, whether in already existing threads or in new ones that you've created.

Anyways,.....the UB is one of the most interesting, mysterious and profound books on the planet (some of its content more interesting or validating than others), whatever one's opinion is on it (whether it be 'religious sci-fiction', an 'authentic epochal revelation', or a mix of the two). There are also other books, religious traditions/teachers and schools of knowledge that have helpful teachings. You cant put 'God' in a 'box'. Truth is truth, wherever you find it.

3:0.1 GOD is everywhere present; the Universal Father rules the circle of eternity. But he rules in the local universes in the persons of his Paradise Creator Sons, even as he bestows life through these Sons. “God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Sons.” These Creator Sons of God are the personal expression of himself in the sectors of time and to the children of the whirling planets of the evolving universes of space.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Ah, cherry picking I see. I suggested GM read Part 4 to see what Jesus is recorded to have taught (mostly about the kingdom of God and salvation), how much of it agrees with the gospels, while expanding on much more. His teachings given during his ministry are what is 'key'. The record of Jesus childhood/teen years is interesting, while I also glean from other records of Jesus supposed 'lost years'. I'll have to see if the UB records corroborates with other 'lost years' accounts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.