The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus (Christ Michael) didn't stick with the limitations of the OT scripture, he had more to say which changed everything that his followers from Judaism and other religions thought.

Now the UB weeds out and changes the many errors of evolved Christianity.

Jesus sent the accurate records of his life and the evolutionary history of the earth as sect divided Christianity is dying.

Of course, that sounds like, so much baloney! You do realize
that I hope? What the Bible has to say, is all that God provided
to the human race! Your, imaginary UFO beings cannot add
anything to the written word of God! (The Bible)

You can tell them I said so, if you desire? If they have a problem
with that, they can fire their 'ray guns' my way!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
to the human race! Your, imaginary UFO beings cannot add
anything to the written word of God! (The Bible)

You can tell them I said so, if you desire? If they have a problem
with that, they can fire their 'ray guns' my way!

You watch to much TV and and haven't read the UB.

The bible doesn't claim to be the word of God, but you don't seem to know the bible well either.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You're still clueless......

You're still clueless......

Imagine if the writers of the 'urantia papers' had only stuck with
the Scriptures instead of the fiction that is, the urantia book?

You haven't not read the UB nor understanding its terms, cosmology, theology and key-concepts, continue to reveal your ignorance and buffoonery here. You expose yourself with every one of your childish posts.

They might have heard the message, placed their faith in that
message (Christ) and received eternal life?

Since you haven't read part 4 of the papers, on the life and ministry of Jesus, you apparently do not know what Jesus is said to have taught from the records this groups of celestials claimed to have accessed to produce this account, which makes your contributions here subject to a variety of misconceptions and assumptions, all over the map and missing the mark.

The only thing you're doing is making a clown (thread-pest) of yourself, since it appears you do not read or attempt to understand the very content of what is being shared here, and have an honest, intelligent discussion or debate on the content-principles, concepts and ideas themselves. If you can redeem yourself by actually engaging the subject-material,....instead of kindergarten antics, maybe you might have a shot of seeing a greater reality outside of your pre-concluded theology, which might be a refreshing change from the bondage of 'dogma'.

pj

journey

The bible doesn't claim to be the word of God, but you don't seem to know the bible well either.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The ub is stolen from the Holy Bible and is not an original or God-inspired work. The ub is just a twisted, confused, and horrible imitation.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
opening our consciousness Godward.......

opening our consciousness Godward.......

to the human race!

Hi GM,

Can you prove that all that God had/has to say is only contained in a canonized book (last codified in the 3rd/4th century as an 'approved collection' by the church-state)? Can you limit or qualify what 'God' can or cant reveal, in any dispensation or time that He deems it appropriate? Can you put 'God' in a 'box'? Be intellectually honest with yourself.

~*~*~

We'll be moving onto the next paper soon, from the video-presentation of paper 11 on the 'Isle of Paradise' (here), to paper 12, 'The Universe of universes'.

Chatpers:

1. Space Levels of the Master Universe
2. The Domains of the Unqualified Absolute
3. Universal Gravity
4. Space and Motion
5. Space and Time
6. Universal Overcontrol
7. The Part and the Whole
8. Matter, Mind, and Spirit
9. Personal Realities

What I find peculiar is that the immense content and synthesized knowledge of these papers do not merit more consideration or at least serve as a springboard for innovative discussion and exploration, since most criticisms hailed here are from persons who have not read or studied the very material they are attempting to discredit. What a truly free individual seeker would recognize is that such information is just that, and it can be related or expounded on as it relates to other systems of knowledge and theology, which is my primary emphasis in serving as a 'mediator' here, being an exercise of 'freedom of thought'. These first 12 papers in their 'text' and video-presentations provide much food for thought, their contents speaking for themselves. Again, such is merely a springboard to discuss 'God' and His vast creation, to explore new dimensions of knowledge, ride the crest of new revelation, edging our borders to new discoveries. Only the brave shall venture, even if it be nothing but a journey stretching our imaginations Godward.

What is alarming is the apathy towards such an engagement, inspired by a closed-mind, fear and rigid belief-system which does not allow for intellectual or spiritual freedom.

We would also be informed that my religious studies and philosophy go well outside the borders of the UB (those who know my history are well aware of this), and my contributions here do not define, prove or identify me as being a UB fundamentalist, neither have I ever claimed the UB is itself the only or final discourse or revelation of theology, since 'revelation' is always progressive...at least how we experience such in this conditional realm of space-time, where there is movement, evolution, change.
Wherever there is the conditioning of space-time relativity (creation)...there is variance, modification, distortion, imperfection of perception and knowledge,...hence the continuum of progressive revelation.

Be well,

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The ub is stolen from the Holy Bible and is not an original or God-inspired work. The ub is just a twisted, confused, and horrible imitation.

The author of Timothy wasn't referring to his own statement about the OT. Timothy wasn't scripture until the church made it so. This flimsy statement comes at the end of the book collection.

Still no claim of divine authorship by the contradictory authors.

If you had actually read the UB you would discover its a much better story than the bible fetish.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Moving along......

Moving along......

The author of Timothy wasn't referring to his own statement about the OT. Timothy wasn't scripture until the church made it so. This flimsy statement comes at the end of the book collection.

We might also note that the pastorals are pseudographical anyways,...later installments into the canon reflecting church developments in the 2nd century.

Beyond a 'thus saith the Lord' in the OT, or an otherwise overt 'claim' of divine inspiration of a text,...these are few and far between as far as the entire canon is concerned. Reverence/esteem is naturally given by any religious faith-system to their 'religious writings', serving their faith-tradition. Welcome to humanity.

If you had actually read the UB you would discover its a much better story than the bible fetish.

Its usually customary or 'essential' to read and research a particular collection of writings, compiled into a book, before criticizing it, since one's judgment of such would naturally be un-informed, imperfect, untrustworthy, mis-conceived. However, some feel to pass judgment by their own religious dogmatic assumptions.

At least I'm making a creative venture of commentary here on what claims to be an 'epochal revelation' without floundering over it (I cant take it or leave really), or assuming its God's only word like some bible-thumpers do with their own 'book'.

Its just information folks,....see how it relates, and if it doesn't interest you, move along. In the meantime if you want to actually investigate, explore, consider what it reveals in the greater scope of things, you can milk the potential of that and have a pleasant discussion. Imagine that. At any moment, even though the thread has been soiled with a lot of trolling, diversionary tactics, distractions, etc., an actual dialogue can be had.

pj

Last edited:

journey

I have no interest in plagiarized fiction novels, so the ub wouldn't be worth my time. By the way, I disagree with the rest of your post also.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

The only problem is, the urantia book is fictional! Sort of like
your logic!

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself." Mark 3:21

.....they will think we are nuts as well.

You are not necessarily nuts. Just Very MISGUIDED!!

I'm always willing to help a fellow man, but this is a catacomb (intricate) situation.

Michael

:rip:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

I gave up comic books a long time ago! Have you read the entire
Bible, word for word, cover to cover? I sincerely doubt it! I have
read it, word for word, and cover to cover! And, I continue to
read it! By the way, you don't KNOW how much I know about the
Bible, so why assume? It makes you look petty!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I have no interest in plagiarized fiction novels, so the ub wouldn't be worth my time. By the way, I disagree with the rest of your post also.

No interest in so called plagiarized material? Then throw out many parts of the OT books that used unsourced historic material and concepts from older religions as well as spiritual concepts from Egypt.
The Hebrews formulated their theology using parts and pieces of many Gentile religious and historical truths be they ever so misunderstood.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I gave up comic books a long time ago! Have you read the entire
Bible, word for word, cover to cover? I sincerely doubt it! I have
read it, word for word, and cover to cover! And, I continue to
read it! By the way, you don't KNOW how much I know about the
Bible, so why assume? It makes you look petty!

Not cover to cover in one reading, but I have studied it in depth. I was frankly shocked at how ridiculous the stories are and how poorly God is portrayed in the OT. I felt sorry for how people are forced to believe such obvious nonsense, far beyond a comic book, more of a comic tragedy.

"My Father does not require of you as the price of entering the kingdom of heaven that you should force yourself to subscribe to a belief in things which are spiritually repugnant, unholy, and untruthful. It is not required of you that your own sense of mercy, justice, and truth should be outraged by submission to an outworn system of religious forms and ceremonies. The religion of the spirit leaves you forever free to follow the truth wherever the leadings of the spirit may take you. And who can judge — perhaps this spirit may have something to impart to this generation which other generations have refused to hear?" Jesus

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
claims of fiction..............

claims of fiction..............

The only problem is, the urantia book is fictional! Sort of like
your logic!

Can you share what exactly is fictional within the UB? Carefully consider all 2,000 pages (near abouts), its a large and extensive work. Also look up 'fiction' in the dictionary....its a tall order to claim the entire work is a 'fiction' when much of the historical/scientific data are from the records of human knowledge of the 20th century(the time the papers were received), used as a 'base' from which further expansions and enhancements were added. Also you'd have to prove how the many pages of philosophical, ethical, moral and religious principles, ideas and concepts which are consistent and logical to the religious mind and inner spirit, are somehow 'fictional'. The information is consistent in itself as a whole, its theology, cosmology, philosophical premise, eschatology, etc.

In addition, can you prove that various parts (stories) in the Bible are NOT fiction? (lets uphold the word 'fiction' in the same light). Can you prove all the things happened that such records claim? What myths, legends and heresay are woven into the various books in the Bible? How could you know for sure, and how much do you take simply by 'faith'? Is that faith intelligently invested, or ignorantly misplaced? In any religious or philosophical writings we consider the "content" for its value, with its terms, meanings and context. Lets consider that,.... for a teaching, principle, concept, ethic, even story (parable, myth, allegory, analogy, archetype, etc.) has its own worth as it applies within a given context, as it relates to other aspects of human experience. It might be advantageous to open up your mind a little, for you might be missing the forest for the trees.

Intro. articles for new readers

pj

Aimiel

Can you share what exactly is fictional within the UB?
Both covers and everything contained between them.
Carefully consider all 2,000 pages (near abouts), its a large and extensive work.
Large work of FICTION! :duh:
Also look up 'fiction' in the dictionary....its a tall order to claim the entire work is a 'fiction' when much of the historical/scientific data are from the records of human knowledge of the 20th century(the time the papers were received), used as a 'base' from which further expansions and enhancements were added.
When you mix half-truth with lies you still get whole-lies.[/QUOTE]Also you'd have to prove how the many pages of philosophical, ethical, moral and religious principles, ideas and concepts which are consistent and logical to the religious mind and inner spirit, are somehow 'fictional'.[/QUOTE]ibid
The information is consistent in itself as a whole, its theology, cosmology, philosophical premise, eschatology, etc.
Correct: consistently fictional.
In addition, can you prove that various parts (stories) in the Bible are NOT fiction?
I can: not one single Biblical historic fact has ever been disproved. That makes It the ONLY historic record in antiquity with such an achievement. EVERYONE who has written historical records from the time period has gotten MANY facts incorrect.
Can you prove all the things happened that such records claim?
Of course not. Only God was present at creation. God was the only witness until He made Adam fall asleep and took the female parts out of him to make the first female. There was, as yet no need for writing. Moses was given the whole Truth regarding everything he wrote down. He wrote exactly what God dictated.
What myths, legends and heresay are woven into the various books in the Bible?
None.
How could you know for sure, and how much do you take simply by 'faith'? Is that faith intelligently invested, or ignorantly misplaced?
Those of us who take God at His Word have far more assurance of His Word being true than our own existence. He gives more assurance than any non-Christian could ever realize about any 'fact' they might think they know.
In any religious or philosophical writings we consider the "content" for its value, with its terms, meanings and context.
We do. The Bible is the most valuable writing there will ever be. It has saved countless millions from eternal damnation. It has given eternal life and still continues to do so. It contains a roadmap to acquire what Adam lost in the garden: fellowship with God.
It might be advantageous to open up your mind a little, for you might be missing the forest for the trees.
It most assuredly would be advantageous to YOU to open your mind to the Truths presented in Scripture, since the ONLY way you can have life in you is to drink Jesus' Blood and eat His Flesh.

John 6:53
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Considering lies told by a demon through someone channeling their voice is foolishness, especially when you could simply take the Word of The Only One Who actually came to this earth from Heaven to tell us how to get there. Jesus came down, took on the form of human flesh, died in your place and then rose from the dead to give you His Life by taking your punishment for your sins. How could you think that He was lying about what to do to be saved?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
reality checks......

reality checks......

I have no interest in plagiarized fiction novels, so the ub wouldn't be worth my time.

You cant judge something you haven't read and honestly considered, - a reading of at least the first 12 papers is essential to laying down a fundamental cosmology of the nature of God, existence, creation and the plan of eternal progression and immortality for evolutionary mortals. You cant properly evaluate or judge a collection of papers without knowing/understanding/intuiting the 'heart' of it, its terms, meanings, purpose, vision and greater cosmic context as it directly relates to human experience, in every field of knowledge. - its more important details are where it confirms, yet enhances/expands the parameters of the biblical record, taking our minds to the precipice of cosmic consciousness, to see more of the great universal plan and eternal destiny born in the heart of 'God'. Such appreciation can only be had by a mind receptive to the higher leadings of the Spirit, the 'divine adjuster' that indwells the soul.

Honest criticisms of the UB have been treated here (and thru-out the entire thread). If the Urantia papers are truly inspired and illumined transmissions enhancing man's understanding and knowledge of his existence and the potentials/purpose of that existence relative to creation and eternity, then the content ought to speak for itself to those who read it, by the inner witness of the spirit, edifying the soul, nourishing the spirit, empowering one to do God's will, and uphold only the highest values and ideals,...which is what the papers do.

It is a prefigured, pre-concluded mind-set, that is not open to new truths, insights or revelation, since that kind of 'mind' already assumes it knows. Such a 'mentality' retards spiritual progress and enlightenment. All things ought to be honestly examined, as the living truth is ever alive and present as the primal light ever shining behind consciousness, the 'witness' who can 'see' what has 'absolute' or 'relative' value,...discerning between what is real and what is not. Conceptual frames and language are but steps, pointers, directive symbols, figures, descriptions....so we have to use 'language'. - to understand any book or value system, we have to 'learn' the 'language'.

Caino wrote:

No interest in so called plagiarized material? Then throw out many parts of the OT books that used unsourced historic material and concepts from older religions as well as spiritual concepts from Egypt.

The Hebrews formulated their theology using parts and pieces of many Gentile religious and historical truths be they ever so misunderstood.

Yes, much could be said about what the Jews borrowed from neighboring cults and the peoples that ruled over them in their various captivities, whether those be mythologies, occult teachings, religious ideas, beliefs, etc. Ironically for Christians,....their 'Bible' includes the OT with their compartmentalized collection of books added to form a '2nd part', so its a synthesis of 2 traditions or cults stemming from a primary root-source, with various foreign branches grafted in.

There is one Universal Tree of Life, the Infinite Spirit itself, the Universal Father and Mother of all beings, the Originator and Sustainer of all that is and ever will be. That Infinite I AM is the center and nucleus of all creation,....that and that Alone is the One primal reality. - the UB and other religious writings offer conceptual frames in which to perceive, intuit and relate to, the spirit of life in all its relationships, assocations and inter-actions. This is what creation is (movement, space-time relativity, sharing information, evolution, experiencing all potentials of consciousness). Life, God, Truth, Reality, Spirit, Consciousness, Light....is what IS. - all 'else' is a play of consciousness relating to the whole and its various parts,...this is all that is going on....moment to moment.

Nothing but a closed mind, dogmatic assumption of 'orthodoxy', idolized exaltation of one's own 'belief-system' or 'theology' (or worship of a particular book) as the only right one, to the ridicule and exclusion of all others, is the epitome of narcissism, the negative and self-absorbing side of a 'cult' mentality.

pj

Last edited:

Aimiel

Christianity is a cult, by modern definition. Our Leader believes that He is The One and Only Truth. He holds all power in Heaven and in earth. He sits at The Right Hand of the Father. We worship Him. He speaks to us individually and personally, all over this earth. He guides us and tells us what to do or not do. We would die for Him. We give our lives to Him freely. Our leader is The Only One Who can get us into Heaven. Our Leader is The Only One Who can give eternal life. Our leader is Jesus, of Nazareth, Who is: Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Both covers and everything contained between them.Large work of FICTION! :duh:When you mix half-truth with lies you still get whole-lies.
Also you'd have to prove how the many pages of philosophical, ethical, moral and religious principles, ideas and concepts which are consistent and logical to the religious mind and inner spirit, are somehow 'fictional'.[/QUOTE]ibidCorrect: consistently fictional.I can: not one single Biblical historic fact has ever been disproved. That makes It the ONLY historic record in antiquity with such an achievement. EVERYONE who has written historical records from the time period has gotten MANY facts incorrect. Of course not. Only God was present at creation. God was the only witness until He made Adam fall asleep and took the female parts out of him to make the first female. There was, as yet no need for writing. Moses was given the whole Truth regarding everything he wrote down. He wrote exactly what God dictated.None.Those of us who take God at His Word have far more assurance of His Word being true than our own existence. He gives more assurance than any non-Christian could ever realize about any 'fact' they might think they know.We do. The Bible is the most valuable writing there will ever be. It has saved countless millions from eternal damnation. It has given eternal life and still continues to do so. It contains a roadmap to acquire what Adam lost in the garden: fellowship with God.It most assuredly would be advantageous to YOU to open your mind to the Truths presented in Scripture, since the ONLY way you can have life in you is to drink Jesus' Blood and eat His Flesh.

John 6:53
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Considering lies told by a demon through someone channeling their voice is foolishness, especially when you could simply take the Word of The Only One Who actually came to this earth from Heaven to tell us how to get there. Jesus came down, took on the form of human flesh, died in your place and then rose from the dead to give you His Life by taking your punishment for your sins. How could you think that He was lying about what to do to be saved?[/QUOTE]

AMEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.