ECT The Land Promise the LORD Gave To David

Jerry Shugart

They already got the land - they are still in it. DUH.

The following passage in regard to their land has not yet been fulfilled but it will in the future:

"Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land...And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have...Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people" (Ez.37:25-27).​

Here we read that the Lord will set His sanctuary in the midst of the Israelites for ever. And the Israelites "shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob.." Therefore, in the future the Lord will set His sanctuary in the midst of the children of Israel for evermore at the time they will dwell in the land that God gave to Jacob.

Do you have a place in your eschatology when this prophecy will be fulfilled?

TweetyBird

The following passage in regard to their land has not yet been fulfilled but it will in the future:

"Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land...And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have...Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people" (Ez.37:25-27).​

Here we read that the Lord will set His sanctuary in the midst of the Israelites for ever. And the Israelites "shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob.." Therefore, in the future the Lord will set His sanctuary in the midst of the children of Israel for evermore at the time they will dwell in the land that God gave to Jacob.

Do you have a place in your eschatology when this prophecy will be fulfilled?

It was fulfilled when Jesus died on the cross and rose again. He is the Sanctuary in the midst of Israel - in the midst of those Jews who believe in Him and will remain there forevermore. The Sanctuary of God is not a building made with human hands. That is no longer where He dwells. Now He lives within His children, has made His home in them and they are His temples - the Kingdom of God/Heaven is within, not by observance.

Jerry Shugart

It was fulfilled when Jesus died on the cross and rose again. He is the Sanctuary in the midst of Israel - in the midst of those Jews who believe in Him and will remain there forevermore.

Of course you overlook the fact that the Lord's sanctuary will be in the midst of the children of Israel when they return to the land which the Lord gave to Jacob:

"Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land...And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have...Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people"
(Ez.37:25-27).​

How coukd you possibly have overlooked that fact?

Interplanner

Of course you overlook the fact that the Lord's sanctuary will be in the midst of the children of Israel when they return to the land which the Lord gave to Jacob:

"Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land...And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have...Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people"
(Ez.37:25-27).​

How coukd you possibly have overlooked that fact?

Prob by reading Eph 2B, the living temple. He did say he would raise it in 3 days! And by using the general rule of the NT movement from shadow or copy to reality in Christ.

It is amusing how regularly and faithfully our sunday schools seem to know that the animal sacrifice system was only a shadow or copy. But when the reality is mentioned, people dart back to the shadow or copy so that 'the Bible makes sense.'

Jerry Shugart

Prob by reading Eph 2B, the living temple. He did say he would raise it in 3 days! And by using the general rule of the NT movement from shadow or copy to reality in Christ.

So are you one of those who insist that the "land" which the Lord gave to Jacob is in heaven? Or how do you interpret this?:

Interplanner

So are you one of those who insist that the "land" which the Lord gave to Jacob is in heaven? Or how do you interpret this?:

I have to go by the overall weight of the NT. Those things are true in the NHNE, but the apostles never thought of them as happening in Israel, like another theocracy of Judaism again. Not a hint. Everything turned on belief of the Gospel of the mission and work in it, Acts 3. Disbelief of that meant disinheritance--extirpation.

With 2500 passages used by the apostles, why does your argument stand or fall on 1 passage from Ezek which they did NOT quote?

Jerry Shugart

I have to go by the overall weight of the NT. Those things are true in the NHNE, but the apostles never thought of them as happening in Israel, like another theocracy of Judaism again.

Sure they did!

After being with the Lord Jesus for forty days while He tutored them on the kingdom they asked Him:

"Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?"
(Acts 1:6).​

In answer the Lord did not tell them that they were wrong for expecting that to happen. He only told them that they were not to know when it would happen.

Right Divider

Body part
Sure they did!

After being with the Lord Jesus for forty days while He tutored them on the kingdom they asked Him:

In answer the Lord did not tell them that they were wrong for expecting that to happen. He only told them that they were not to know when it would happen.
I think that IP watched to much Disney as a child. He's stuck on the magic kingdom.

Interplanner

I think that IP watched to much Disney as a child. He's stuck on the magic kingdom.

The expression 'it is not for you to know' is one of frustration. It means 'you are still going down the wrong track, which none of this (teaching) is about. Why do you keep asking about something that is none of your business and has nothing to do with what you were just taught for 40 days?'

Only people in 2P2P find something innocent about that.

TweetyBird

Sure they did!

Actually, Jesus pointed out that the power provided by God was not to restore Israel, but for the proclamation of the Gospel. That was the endowment of power, which was the end result of all promises - the fulfillment through the Gospel of Christ to all the world to show them that His Kingdom was not of this world, but an Heavenly Kingdom sought for, believed for, and hoped for by all of those in Christ Jesus.

Right Divider

Body part
The expression 'it is not for you to know' is one of frustration. It means 'you are still going down the wrong track, which none of this (teaching) is about. Why do you keep asking about something that is none of your business and has nothing to do with what you were just taught for 40 days?'

Only people in 2P2P find something innocent about that.
The liar just keeps on lying or trying.... to lie.

Acts 1:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:7) And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

It's too bad for you that there are many here that KNOW what the Bible says and WHAT it MEANS. Therefore, your childish little LIES will not pass unnoticed.

You leave out the WHAT is was that they were "not to know". You're just like your daddy, the devil. Quoting scripture with a little TWIST.

Get saved.

beloved57

Sure they did!

Israel according to the flesh, Abrahams Physical descendants, they are not the children of God, the chosen of God. Rom 9:8

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

(1:7) And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

It's too bad for you that there are many here that KNOW what the Bible says and WHAT it MEANS. Therefore, your childish little LIES will not pass unnoticed.

You leave out the WHAT is was that they were "not to know". You're just like your daddy, the devil. Quoting scripture with a little TWIST.

Get saved.

You should shut your mouth, your heart is showing.

Interplanner

Get saved.

It's fine to point it out RD, but I find that it supports what I'm saying. He was that much more frustrated with them about it. It doesn't change a thing about his frustration with them. For a comparison in his mood see his answer about the seats on his left and right. Their confusing conception of him kept spewing out requests like that. People change slowly, but God's spirit can still work (and make Pentecost happen) in spite of them.

I'm saved. Saved means justified from sins. it has nothing to with a particular eschatology. Nothing to do with believing on a Judaic theocracy to come.

Jerry Shugart

Actually, Jesus pointed out that the power provided by God was not to restore Israel, but for the proclamation of the Gospel.

the Lord Jesus did not tell them that they were wrong for expecting that the kingdom would be restored to Israel. he only told them that they were not to know the time when it would happen!

If it is not going to happen then it would make no sense for the Lord to say anything about the time when it would happen.

Jerry Shugart

Actually, Jesus pointed out that the power provided by God was not to restore Israel, but for the proclamation of the Gospel. That was the endowment of power, which was the end result of all promises - the fulfillment through the Gospel of Christ to all the world to show them that His Kingdom was not of this world, but an Heavenly Kingdom sought for, believed for, and hoped for by all of those in Christ Jesus.

The Lord Jesus said that His kingdom was not "now" of this world. Not that it will never be of this world:

"Jesus answered, my kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence" (Jn.18:36).​

Here the Lord Jesus made it plain that the kingdom will be earthly:

"After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" (Mt.6:9-10).​

You do not even understand the most basic things about the kingdom even though you consider yourself an expert!

TweetyBird

the Lord Jesus did not tell them that they were wrong for expecting that the kingdom would be restored to Israel. he only told them that they were not to know the time when it would happen!

If it is not going to happen then it would make no sense for the Lord to say anything about the time when it would happen.

He didn't say anything about it ever happening. He said times and seasons were not for them to know. Then He said the power of God would be given to preach the Gospel to the world. That is the continuation of the promise, Christ in us, the hope of glory - for both Jew and Gentile. The Kingdom of God/Heaven is not of this world. It is not a physical land on this earth. It is a spiritual land for all of Israel who is saved, joined with all the nations who are saved as one new man, building a spiritual habitation.