The "L" in TULIP Means that Jesus is NOT Lord

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Yes, take your own advice, pause a wee bit from posting redundant threads, and ponder it carefully, Robert:

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/owen/deathofdeath.html

AMR

Good advice. Hearing what others think and believe is helpful and interesting. That is why most of us are here. But to be constantly told we are going to hell with no scripture proof text gets tiresome.

I am willing to be nice. That is how we should treat each other. No problem here AMR

Robert Pate

Banned
Good advice. Hearing what others think and believe is helpful and interesting. That is why most of us are here. But to be constantly told we are going to hell with no scripture proof text gets tiresome.

I am willing to be nice. That is how we should treat each other. No problem here AMR

You show no evidence of the Holy Spirit.

beloved57

John Owen is in direct conflict with the scriptures. The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

You don't believe that scripture or understand it. That world has no wrath of God upon it and is reconciled to God, that doesn't apply to all because many are under God's condemnation and wrath John 3:18,36 !

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You don't believe that scripture or understand it. That world has no wrath of God upon it and is reconciled to God, that doesn't apply to all because many are under God's condemnation and wrath John 3:18,36 !

As far as I can tell, you're not saved :devil:

popsthebuilder

To believe TULIP is to believe that Jesus is a failure and is not Lord.
But you just said yourself that salvation is available to all but they still must partake of it. So that is to say that a prescribed number could indeed be saved while still aren't. The fact that all will be reconciled to GOD by his grace doesn't mean that those that don't follow or believe Jesus at this time are simultaneously, at this time, saved.

popsthebuilder

You're not stupid, you're very intelligent. But you are either lying or you are blind.

Either God can and does lie, or He cannot and doesn't lie. The Bible says He cannot. Calvinism says He damns them for rejecting what He gave them no ability to accept: Christ. For Him to do that, on that basis, would be for Him to lie.

If you can't see that, then you're blind. If you can see it but are just pretending you can't, then you're wicked.
The ignorant and innocent are saved already. The elect are chosen and saved by God's will. It says that the ignorant of God and his direction will be weighed by their actions. All are saved. The only unforgiven sin is that of blasphemy against the holy spirit. If the elect cannot be swayed and the ignorant are safe by default then God nor Christ lied and Calvinism is true. I haven't studied it much, but it makes sense to me.

popsthebuilder

Your prob is that you have no fire power. That is because you hang out with bible dead beats, book worms and 🎃's.
Who hangs out with jack"o"lanterns?

Hat do yo k ran by firepower. Read....a lot and keep to myself. Do you assume that I have no "firepower".

popsthebuilder

You people just don't get it.

Everything you guys are saying about me the pharaoh said about Moses.

You guys are not only of a low spiritual IQ but the same Harding is taking place in your hearts.

Now for the prediction phase:

Evil things will suddenly occur in your lives. This will reinforce the Hardening. Then you will blindly chase a ghost into a trap.
I will have you know that you are on a Christian page. All Christians and otherwise faithful under god are to love one another. We are to unite under God. Telling the faithful that bad things will befall them or that their hearts will be hardened is not of GOD. Also; comparing yourself to Moses or any prophet or elect is looked down upon in the bible.

Peace

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Calvinism preaches that, man must first be regenerated before he receives
saving faith. According to Calvinism, man plays no part in his own salvation.
God chose a few "Elect" before the foundation of the world and created the
rest for eternal damnation. Those that are of the chosen elect cannot reject that
election. At the same time, the unchosen are unable to receive the Grace of God.

According to Calvinism, God only truly loves the chosen elect and sent His Son
to only die for them. The god of Calvinism isn't the same as the God of the Bible.

popsthebuilder

I understand the need for traffic on a site like this, which leads to much grace being extended to people who, in real life, you'd never waste your time conversing with for more than two minutes. If I ran a board, any demonstration of dishonesty/evasiveness/lying would be a top of the Perma-Ban reason list, right below blasphemy and denying Scripture. Plain trolling, psychotics and similar disruptive idiocy goes without saying. Gone. Forever. Feel free to read, but you will never post again.

Imagine what such a policy would do to TOL, or any board. Numbers would instantly drop by at least 1/3, but it would vastly improve the quality of conversations even among those who disagree, but are capable of disagreeing honestly.

Just my opinion.
We are to mend the broken. Speaking only to those who collectively feel that they are rightious in their own site is not what Christians are to do. we are to spread the word of God to those who need it. Not sit idly amongst ourselves placing ourselves on pedestals over any other.