The "L" in TULIP Means that Jesus is NOT Lord

Robert Pate

Banned
The Calvinist doctrine of a Limited Atonement is one of the great heresies of the century.

To believe in a "Limited Atonement" is to believe that Jesus did NOT atone for the sins of the whole world and to believe that he only atoned for the sins of some people, but not all people.

There are mutiple things wrong with this false doctrine.

If we are going to be Bible believing Christians we will have reject this false doctrine based upon scripture alone.

"And he is a propitiation for our sins: and not ours only, but also for the sins of THE WHOLE WORLD" 1 John 2:2.

"And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the SAVIOR OF THE WORLD" 1 John 4:14.

"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the WORLD THROUGH HIM MIGHT BE SAVED" John 3:17.

"For we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD" John 4:42.

"I came not to judge the world, BUT TO SAVE THE WORLD" John 12:47.

If Jesus had not atoned for all of the sins of the world, then God never would have accepted Jesus back into heaven. Jesus was accepted into heaven because he had victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15.

The resounding message of the New Testament is that "Jesus is Lord". He is Lord because he has put ALL THINGS under him and he is above all things, Colossians 1:20. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus, Jesus has victoriously reconciled the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

The most serious part of believing in a "Limited Atonement" is to believe that Jesus is NOT Lord. To believe that Jesus is not Lord means that you do not have faith in him. The Bible teaches that Jesus is God in the flesh. Jesus had to be God to save us.

Jesus said, "I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he (Lord) or (God) you will die in your sins" John 8:24.

musterion

I'll provide the usual Calvinist response to this point.

"Pate, if Christ really did die for the WHOLE world - for ALL men without distinction or exception - how is it that many are still not saved? That means you think God wasted the blood of His Son."

Just getting it out of the way.

beloved57

If you dont believe in the Truths of Tulip, you dont believe the Gospel of Gods Grace in Christ !

Robert Pate

Banned
I'll provide the usual Calvinist response to this point.

"Pate, if Christ really did die for the WHOLE world - for ALL men without distinction or exception - how is it that many are still not saved? That means you think God wasted the blood of His Son."

Just getting it out of the way.

Jesus claims to be the savior of the whole world, John 12:47.

Jesus as God's new Adam and our representative has provided salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. "That he by the grace of God should taste death for everyone".

Think of it this way. Salvation is like a great banquet. Your place has been reserved. Everything has been prepared. All that you have to do is go to the banquet and partake.

God has provided salvation for everyone, but its not yours if you don't receive it, John 1:12.

Robert Pate

Banned
Tu
Tulip is the Gospel, you don't believe it you are in unbelief !

Maybe you can explain to us how Jesus only atoned for some sins, but not all sins?

Did God and Jesus make some sort of a deal with the devil?

What about all of the scriptures that say Jesus has atoned for the sins of the world?

The reason that you are not saved is because you don't believe that Jesus is Lord.

beloved57

Maybe you can explain to us how Jesus only atoned for some sins, but not all sins?

Did God and Jesus make some sort of a deal with the devil?

What about all of the scriptures that say Jesus has atoned for the sins of the world?

The reason that you are not saved is because you don't believe that Jesus is Lord.

I have explained for years my Faith on the forum, it is on public record !

Robert Pate

Banned

Sure you have.

You have made many declarations that Jesus is not the savior of the world.

What you have faith in is not Christ. You have faith in the writtings of a heretic called John Calvin.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

This is wrong on two counts. You have never explained your faith. You have stated it very briefly and confusedly without any explanation ad nauseam. Telling people they are damned if they do not believe TULIP is not an explanation.
Secondly, it is no longer on public record because great amounts of it were deleted recently.

beloved57

This is wrong on two counts. You have never explained your faith. You have stated it very briefly and confusedly without any explanation ad nauseam. Telling people they are damned if they do not believe TULIP is not an explanation.
Secondly, it is no longer on public record because great amounts of it were deleted recently.

I have explained it everyday !

beloved57

Sure you have.

You have made many declarations that Jesus is not the savior of the world.

What you have faith in is not Christ. You have faith in the writtings of a heretic called John Calvin.

That is Right, My Testimony of the Gospel is posted all over the forum, and Tulip Truths can be read all over the internet ! Your unbelief is inexcusable!

Brother Ducky

Jesus claims to be the savior of the whole world, John 12:47.

Jesus as God's new Adam and our representative has provided salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. "That he by the grace of God should taste death for everyone".

Think of it this way. Salvation is like a great banquet. Your place has been reserved. Everything has been prepared. All that you have to do is go to the banquet and partake.

God has provided salvation for everyone, but its not yours if you don't receive it, John 1:12.

What makes you think all can receive it?

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have explained it everyday !

B57, the following are your posts so far on this thread. All your posts are like this. So where are these explanations? 'Explanations' is wishful thinking. There are no explanations there.

If you dont believe in the Truths of Tulip, you dont believe the Gospel of Gods Grace in Christ !

Tu
Tulip is the Gospel, you don't believe it you are in unbelief !

That is Right, My Testimony of the Gospel is posted all over the forum, and Tulip Truths can be read all over the internet ! Your unbelief is inexcusable!

Brother Ducky

BD,

Anyone can receive salvation if they ask for it. The problem is that many don't ask.

The question is whether all can ask for it; in the sense of are they able to see the goodness and eternal value of asking without God changing their hearts beforehand.

AMR as often posted verses that indicate the inability of fallen man, on his own to come to Christ. While I have often asked for a free-will salvationist anthropology to explain why they would hold that a sinful man could go against his nature and come to Christ. Personally, I can not think of anything approaching that in Scripture. The closest thing I can think of is Joshua's "choose this day" speech, but most of the OT is the story of how well that worked out.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The question is whether all can ask for it; in the sense of are they able to see the goodness and eternal value of asking without God changing their hearts beforehand.

AMR as often posted verses that indicate the inability of fallen man, on his own to come to Christ. While I have often asked for a free-will salvationist anthropology to explain why they would hold that a sinful man could go against his nature and come to Christ. Personally, I can not think of anything approaching that in Scripture. The closest thing I can think of is Joshua's "choose this day" speech, but most of the OT is the story of how well that worked out.

All do not ask. Why would they?

musterion

Brother Ducky said:
AMR as often posted verses that indicate the inability of fallen man, on his own to come to Christ.

Yet your false god damns to the Lake of Fire all who don't come to Christ. Reconcile that. AMR has never seriously tried.

Last edited: