"The Kingdom of God is WITHIN you"? "The Kingdom of God is INSIDE you? - Luke 17:21

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Beameup said the same thing. Why did you say he was wrong?

The statement that "Jesus is virtually the kingdom" is inaccurate. Jesus is not the kingdom He is the King of the physical and literal kingdom. Is that what bump believes?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Because "intojoy" is confused? :confused:
The NASB get's it right: "the Kingdom is in your midst" (standing in the midst of the Pharisees) .
Put another way: "the Kingdom is right in front of you Pharisees"

I'm a literalist. You said Jesus is the kingdom. What the heck is that supposed to mean? Typo?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Put another way: "the Kingdom is right in front of you Pharisees"

No, not really. Jesus explained that his kingdom is not of this world, God's kingdom is of the world to come.

It can't be seen until a person is born of the Spirit. The kingdom is a spiritual kingdom not seen with physical eyes.

Interplanner

No, not really. Jesus explained that his kingdom is not of this world, God's kingdom is of the world to come.

It can't be seen until a person is born of the Spirit. The kingdom is a spiritual kingdom not seen with physical eyes.

And the Spirit was at work! The Spirit was at work all around, but the Pharisees were hardened and carnal. That does not subtract from it being there. It was not a kingdom of the kind in this world, and did not have boundaries and offices. It was a reign. This was Christ's world and its King was walking the neighborhood. He would soon be enthroned and knew it, spoke of it as just around the corner.

marhig

Give us the verses that teach that the "kingdom is within us". You are misquoting the Lord's Prayer. Changing God's Word brings judgment.

Misquoting the lords prayer? Do you not know that we're the earth?

Why do we ask for Gods kingdom to come for his will to be done, in earth as it is in heaven every day? It's a daily prayer! Why would we say that if Gods kingdom doesn't come? What do you think this means, when we say it in our prayers daily?

And it says in the Bible that with the holy spirit we receive power, and it also says that the kingdom of God comes in power

What does the kingdom of God coming in power mean?

If you believe that the kingdom of God was upon them at that time because Jesus was among them, why do you not think that the kingdom of God is within us if Christ is in our hearts? Or don't you believe that either?

If the kingdom of God is untouchable, why did Jesus tell his deciples to seek the kingdom of God and there needs will be added to them? Jesus was there, they didn't need to seek the kingdom of God. So why did he tell them that they did? He also said it was Gods good pleasure to give them the kingdom!

Luke 12

O ye of little faith?.And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And the Spirit was at work! The Spirit was at work all around, but the Pharisees were hardened and carnal. That does not subtract from it being there. It was not a kingdom of the kind in this world, and did not have boundaries and offices. It was a reign. This was Christ's world and its King was walking the neighborhood. He would soon be enthroned and knew it, spoke of it as just around the corner.

Why would you think that Jesus Christ is reigning over this present evil age?

He is the King of the world to come.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Why would you think that Jesus Christ is reigning over this present evil age?

If He is not reigning as King, who is?

He is the King of the world to come.

Being the sole Creator of the world, God has always reigned as Sovereign and King, over the work of His hands.

Last edited:

beameup

I can see you're not following the plot (the unfolding of the story).
As well, you don't seem to "grasp" the context - who, what, when, why, and where.

The EARTHLY Kingdom was rejected by Israel in favor of Roman Rule by Caesar.
So, the King returned to Heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father,
until such time as he returns to the EARTH to set-up his Kingdom.
The "end-time-plot" is to bring the "Kingdom of Heaven" to EARTH.
And the "final plot" is to create a New Heaven and New Earth.

Last edited:

beameup

I'm a literalist. You said Jesus is the kingdom. What the heck is that supposed to mean? Typo?

I will make an exception this time, as I see you are having a hard time "grasping".

At that time and place and circumstance, Jesus only needed to be acknowledged as Messiah and the Kingdom would come into being. Being the "King", he could have set-up the Kingdom right then and there.

Or perhaps your theology believes that Jesus was incapable of setting up an earthly Kingdom? Or maybe your theology believes that "the Kingdom" is something "spiritual" or something that resides inside you?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I will make an exception this time, as I see you are having a hard time "grasping".

At that time and place and circumstance, Jesus only needed to be acknowledged as Messiah and the Kingdom would come into being. Being the "King", he could have set-up the Kingdom right then and there.

Or perhaps your theology believes that Jesus was incapable of setting up an earthly Kingdom? Or maybe your theology believes that "the Kingdom" is something "spiritual" or something that resides inside you?

Not at all. The offer to set up the kingdom was given.
But not only did you say Jesus is the kingdom but you said that the kingdom could not dwell in the Pharisees. That sounded like spiritualizing the kingdom to me. I guess I was wrong. You are on the right track. Now explain the unpardonable sin and you'll get a gold star bud.

daqq

Not at all. The offer to set up the kingdom was given.
But not only did you say Jesus is the kingdom but you said that the kingdom could not dwell in the Pharisees. That sounded like spiritualizing the kingdom to me. I guess I was wrong. You are on the right track. Now explain the unpardonable sin and you'll get a gold star bud.

It is to each in his or her own appointed times, and it is not like how Judas the betrayer thought of it, as a physical kingdom, neither does it come all at once in "full wealth" or force, (parachrema as used in Luke 19:11 in the following passage), neither is it like the carnal minded Pharisees believed just Judas Iskariot the carnal minded betrayer:

Luke 19:11-20 KJV
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem,
and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass, that
when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:

1) The kingdom of Elohim does not come immediately, parachrema, or "full-wealth", (all at once).
2) The nobleman went to a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and to return, (Golgotha).
3) The Nobleman returned having received a kingdom, (Acts 2).
4) The Nobleman began to SUMMON UP his servants to give an account: it is PRIVATE, (BEMA).
5) Then came the first . . .
6) Then came the second . . .
7) Then came another . . .
8) Then another, then another, then another, and so on and so on, and continuing presently.

But there are some who believe not the Testimony of Yeshua: and they stand in a very long line behind Judas Iskariot, the flesh minded Pharisees, Sadducs, and Scribes, and millions of other flesh minded "Christians" still awaiting a world domination global empire dominion of flesh concocted in the machinations of their own vain imaginations. :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If He is not reigning as King, who is?

Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said to Him, "All this authority I will give You, and their glory for this has been delivered to me and I give it to whomever I wish. Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours." (Luke 4:5-7)​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is reigning now.

If Jesus is not reigning you, then Satan is reigning you.

Then the seventh angel sounded and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!" (Revelation 11:15)​

God's Truth

Then the seventh angel sounded and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!" (Revelation 11:15)​

Jesus is reigning forever now.

Do you really think that God is not in control?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
f8212ea57921ba7b370b187c90292882_thumb.jpg