"The Kingdom of God is WITHIN you"? "The Kingdom of God is INSIDE you? - Luke 17:21

daqq

Give us the verses that teach that the "kingdom is within us". The above doesn't qualify.

What? You want to go over Pg.1 all over again?
Is it my fault you reject the Testimony of Yeshua?
Why do you call him God and yet reject what he says?

Strong's Greek Definition for # 1787
1787 // entov // entos // en-tos' //
from 1722 ; prep
AV - within 2; 2
1) within, inside
1a) within you i.e. in the midst of you
1b) within you i.e. your soul
http://www.apostolic-churches.net/bible/strongs/ref/?stgh=greek&stnm=1787

Strong's Concordance
entos: within, among
Original Word: ἐντός
Part of Speech: Adverb
Transliteration: entos
Phonetic Spelling: (en-tos')
Short Definition: within, inside, the inside
Definition: within, inside, the inside.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 1787: ἐντός
ἐντός, adverb ((from ἐν, opposed to ἐκτός), within, inside: with the genitive ἐντός ὑμῶν, within you, i. e. in the midst of you, Luke 17:21 (ἐντός αὐτῶν, Xenophon, an. 1, 10, 3 (but see the passage); ἐντός τούτων, Hell. 2, 3, 19; others); others, within you (i. e. in your souls), a meaning which the use of the word permits (ἐντός μου, Psalm 38:4 (); Psalm 108:22 (), etc.; (Hippolytus, ref. haer. 5, 7, 8; Petrus Alexandrinus, epistle can. 5)), but not the context; τό ἐντός, the inside, Matthew 23:26.
http://biblehub.com/greek/1787.htm

Matthew 23:26
26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within
[entos] the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Matthew 23:26 YLT
26 'Blind Pharisee! cleanse first the inside
[entos] of the cup and the plate, that the outside of them also may become clean.

In addition you are utterly ignoring the context surrounding what is said:

Luke 17:20-21 KJV
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within
[entos] you.

The word rendered "observation" in Luke 17:20 above means OCULAR and VISUAL, that is, something that may be seen with the physical eye, thus, The kingdom of Elohim does not come with ocular-visual observation: neither shall they say, Look, over here! or Behold, over there it is! for behold, the kingdom of Elohim is INSIDE you.

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance #3907
observation.
From paratereo; inspection, i.e. Ocular evidence -- observation.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 3907: παρατήρησις
παρατήρησις, παρατηρήσεως, ἡ (παρατηρέω), observation ((Polybius 16, 22, 8), Diodorus, Josephus, Antoninus, Plutarch, others): μετά παρατηρήσεως, in such a manner that it can be watched with the eyes, i. e. in a visible manner, Luke 17:20.
http://biblehub.com/greek/3907.htm

You are misdtaking entos for mesos and using the meaning of mesos in your understanding of the statement. Here is where the Master himself uses mesos in the way in which you are thinking:

Matthew 18:20 KJV
20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst
[G3319 mesos] of them.

If you reject what is being said here then how will you be able see the kingdom of Elohim?
If you cannot see the kingdom of Elohim then you are not born from above, (John 3:3).
Simple as that . . . :)

The kingdom of Elohim does not come with ocular-visual observation:
Neither shall they say, Look, over here it is! or, Behold, over there it is!
For behold, the kingdom of Elohim is INSIDE you!

:duh:
:sheep:

daqq

Give us the verses that teach that the "kingdom is within us". The above doesn't qualify.

And again:

Mark 13:21-23 ASV
21 And then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is the Christ; or, Lo, there;
believe it not:
22 for there shall arise false Christs and false prophets, and shall show signs and wonders, that they may lead astray, if possible, the elect.
23 But take ye heed: behold, I have told you all things beforehand.

Mark 13:31 ASV
31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

beameup

The kingdom of Elohim does not come with ocular-visual observation:
Neither shall they say, Look, over here it is! or, Behold, over there it is!
For behold, the kingdom of Elohim is INSIDE you!

So, you have no Scriptural evidence for your doctrine - zero, zip, nada.

I see from the above quote that Jesus was telling the Pharisees that the Kingdom of God was inside them.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha :kookoo:
hahahahahahahahahahahaha :hammer:
hahahahahahahahahahahaha :dizzy:

daqq

So, you have no Scriptural evidence for your doctrine - zero, zip, nada.

I see from the above quote that Jesus was telling the Pharisees that the Kingdom of God was inside them.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha :kookoo:
hahahahahahahahahahahaha :hammer:
hahahahahahahahahahahaha :dizzy:

Suit yourself but you are simply in denial, or worse, changing the meanings of the statements of the Master to suit your own fanciful futurist world dominating global empire thousand-year dominion paradigm based in the literal physical flesh mindset of the natural man.

Interplanner

Suit yourself but you are simply in denial, or worse, changing the meanings of the statements of the Master to suit your own fanciful futurist world dominating global empire thousand-year dominion paradigm based in the literal physical flesh mindset of the natural man.

Christ was saying it was underway but they were not part of it. There is also the saying in which he had to condemn certain people for 'forcing their way into it' who were not actually in it. So it was definitely in operation and underway. It is a mistake to think of it as a location with boundaries. It is the reign of God/Christ.

daqq

Christ was saying it was underway but they were not part of it. There is also the saying in which he had to condemn certain people for 'forcing their way into it' who were not actually in it. So it was definitely in operation and underway. It is a mistake to think of it as a location with boundaries. It is the reign of God/Christ.

What is a true mistake is to not understand that Messiah reigns through his body!
And all of his apostles in the Apostolic writings proclaim that we are his body.
And if you are his body then it is indeed a location with boundaries.

In the outer boundaries of your body-house-temple is a place called "the flesh", also known as the "commons-profane" area of the temple. Therein dwells no good thing, even according to Paul, (Romans 7:18-25), evil beasts and all sorts of things that need to either be tamed, "mortified", or put to sleep. It is appalling how so many claiming to be followers of Messiah can be so blind to such overt body-house-sanctuary-temple language.

God's Truth

A lot of heresies have been built upon this mistranslated verse.

The NASB properly translates Luke 17:21:
Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

What Jesus is saying is that HE, virtually being "the Kingdom", is in their presence (in their midst).
It is impossible for "the Kingdom of God" to be INSIDE the Pharisees.

The NIV properly translates Luke 17:21b
"the kingdom of God is in your midst."

Jesus was not saying it was inside them as in 'them', but rather, inside those saved.

God's Truth

The Lord Jesus was speaking to unbelieving hard-hearted Pharisees.

Jesus was speaking about how the kingdom of heaven was IN THE SAVED.

The kingdom of heaven was not yet given because Jesus had not yet died, rose again, and ascended to heaven.

God's Truth

The kingdom of heaven is having the Holy Spirit living inside you.

It is having Jesus himself live inside you.

Jesus is the Holy Spirit and had to die and rise again before he could live in everyone saved.

God's Truth

Jesus was speaking about prophecies from the old testament.

Jesus came and was fulfilling the old testament prophecies.

The kingdom of heaven would be in the saved.

That means Jesus would give the Holy Spirit to live inside the saved.

Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was speaking about how the kingdom of heaven was IN THE SAVED.

No, He wasn't. He was responding to unbelieving Pharisees.

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees,.......... he answered them and said.....
Luk 17:21 ......... the kingdom of God is within you.

The King was in their midst and they didn't recognize Him.

God's Truth

No, He wasn't. He was responding to unbelieving Pharisees.

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees,.......... he answered them and said.....
Luk 17:21 ......... the kingdom of God is within you.

The King was in their midst and they didn't recognize Him.

Jesus was near them but he would be in them, the saved, and that is how they would have the kingdom of heaven within them.

God's Truth

The kingdom of Christ and God; the kingdom of our Lord and his Christ; his kingdom and glory; the kingdom of God; the kingdom of his beloved Son; the kingdom of heaven; and the kingdom of light---ARE ALL THE SAME KINGDOM.

The kingdom of heaven is within us that is about Jesus living inside you, and that is when we live inside Jesus. THAT MEANS WE BECOME THE BODY OF CHRIST.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
What is a true mistake is to not understand that Messiah reigns through his body!
And all of his apostles in the Apostolic writings proclaim that we are his body.
And if you are his body then it is indeed a location with boundaries.

In the outer boundaries of your body-house-temple is a place called "the flesh", also known as the "commons-profane" area of the temple. Therein dwells no good thing, even according to Paul, (Romans 7:18-25), evil beasts and all sorts of things that need to either be tamed, "mortified", or put to sleep. It is appalling how so many claiming to be followers of Messiah can be so blind to such overt body-house-sanctuary-temple language.

Daqq,

I think the tension here is that some see the Blood as purchasing Everything and Everyone.

The Body is a mystery in TRUTH.

God is Love.

Love is a consuming fire.

How do we know what level of consumption a person has?

We don't.

Only Jesus knows.

The idea is that Jesus is the Head, and the tension is that placing doctrinal or religious requirements on the Consuming Spirit of Christ is placing boundaries on God's Blood.

You are all right.

However, to contend against the unconditional Love of God is dangerous.

Consider that Moses and Abraham had a Spirit of Grace and pleaded with God to spare mankind from its iniquity.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary