"The Kingdom of God is WITHIN you"? "The Kingdom of God is INSIDE you? - Luke 17:21

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was near them but he would be in them, the saved, and that is how they would have the kingdom of heaven within them.

At that point, 'the Kingdom of Heaven' meant what the prophets consistently said it meant and they did not say that it was 'the kingdom of heaven' within a person but it was to be a rule over planet earth from Jerusalem.

Zec 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ***, and upon a colt the foal of an ***.
Zec 9:10 And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The kingdom of Christ and God; the kingdom of our Lord and his Christ; his kingdom and glory; the kingdom of God; the kingdom of his beloved Son; the kingdom of heaven; and the kingdom of light---ARE ALL THE SAME KINGDOM.

The kingdom of heaven is within us that is about Jesus living inside you, and that is when we live inside Jesus. THAT MEANS WE BECOME THE BODY OF CHRIST.

You are conflating prophecy with mystery which results in nonsense.

Danoh

At that point, 'the Kingdom of Heaven' meant what the prophets consistently said it meant and they did not say that it was 'the kingdom of heaven' within a person but it was to be a rule over planet earth from Jerusalem.

Zec 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ***, and upon a colt the foal of an ***.
Zec 9:10 And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth.

Yep...

Luke 11:20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Their Prophesied King was in their midst...

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1:25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet? 1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; 1:27 He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.

1:30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me. 1:31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. 1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. 1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. 1:34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

As usual, the answers are in "the things that differ."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, He wasn't. He was responding to unbelieving Pharisees.

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees,.......... he answered them and said.....
Luk 17:21 ......... the kingdom of God is within you.

The King was in their midst and they didn't recognize Him.
Yeppers.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yeppers again.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep...

Luke 11:20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Their Prophesied King was in their midst...

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1:25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet? 1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; 1:27 He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.

1:30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me. 1:31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. 1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. 1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. 1:34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

As usual, the answers are in "the things that differ."
Yeppers.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The kingdom of God is within a person in whom the King resides.

The King is looking for a few people to serve with him in his kingdom when he comes.

We need to be ready.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The kingdom of God is within a person in whom the King resides.

The King is looking for a few people to serve with him in his kingdom when he comes.

We need to be ready.
First, you must stop loving yourself more than you love your neighbors -

God's Truth

The kingdom of heaven is INSIDE a person's heart when they are RECONCILED to God.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
A lot of heresies have been built upon this mistranslated verse.

The NASB properly translates Luke 17:21:
Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

What Jesus is saying is that HE, virtually being "the Kingdom", is in their presence (in their midst).
It is impossible for "the Kingdom of God" to be INSIDE the Pharisees.

The NIV properly translates Luke 17:21b
"the kingdom of God is in your midst."

Wrong

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The mindset of the Jews of the first century when John the Baptist was on the scene was they were anticipating that their Messiah would come, defeat their Gentile oppressors, set up the Jewish kingdom from which Jehovah would use every Jew as His representatives to the nations.

Read the bible bro

The kingdom of Messiah was offered to Israel and was officially rejected by the generation of Israel while the King was present.

"In the midst" - right here right now and you will have it if you accept me as your Messiah. This is what Yeshua meant.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The mindset of the Jews of the first century when John the Baptist was on the scene was they were anticipating that their Messiah would come, defeat their Gentile oppressors, set up the Jewish kingdom from which Jehovah would use every Jew as His representatives to the nations.

Read the bible bro

The kingdom of Messiah was offered to Israel and was officially rejected by the generation of Israel while the King was present.

"In the midst" - right here right now and you will have it if you accept me as your Messiah. This is what Yeshua meant.

Beameup said the same thing. Why did you say he was wrong?

flintstoned

So why do we ask for Gods kingdom to come into us in his daily prayer?

If the spirit of God is in our hearts and Christ is manifest within us and our body is the temple of the living God, then the kingdom of God is within us.

Why do we ask for God's kingdom to "come into us"? We don't! The Lord's Prayer says nothing of the sort.