The Justification of the Ungodly, Romans 4:5

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, Christ is the end of law for righteousness to everyone who believes (Ro.10:4).

Yes, true, but Romans 10:4 does not mean that the law ended, as Pate(you), misinterpret that verse, as I/others, have pointed out.The verse does not say "Christ ended the law."

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Pate: The audience to whom Peter addressed, had no more faith-it was abolished-it ended!!!!!

Revelation 21:6 KJV And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Pate: See!!! Christ is abolished!!!! He has ended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

john w

Hall of Fame
O foolish and disobedient child! Real men smoke cigars while drinking Cognac or Scotch!

Becky was in drag?

No, real men drink brewski's:

Luke 7:14 KJV And he came and touched the bier: and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise.

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, true, but Romans 10:4 does not mean that the law ended, as Pate(you), misinterpret that verse, as I/others, have pointed out.The verse does not say "Christ ended the law."

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Pate: The audience to whom Peter addressed, had no more faith-it was abolished-it ended!!!!!

Revelation 21:6 KJV And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Pate: See!!! Christ is abolished!!!! He has ended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The law has not been abolished for you because you are under it and will be judged by it.

Epoisses

The law has not been abolished for you because you are under it and will be judged by it.

True. The law governs those in the flesh.

Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby Eph. 2:15,16

Robert Pate

Banned

Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby Eph. 2:15,16

The "NEW MAN" is the man that lives by faith and the Holy Spirit.

Jerry Shugart

I never said that Christ ended the law and I quoted from the second chapter of Romans to prove it. The unbelieving Jews will be judged by it in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

john w

Hall of Fame

Pate: Unless the laws against speeding, rape, murder, adultery are abolished/made void, we are all under it, and judged as guilty.

Pate: If the laws of foreign countries are not abolished/destroyed/eliminated/maded void, we are all under it, sand will be judged by it.

And he, in demonic drunkenness, corrupts/trashes/butchers the meaning of abolish/destroy/makes void, saying something can be destroyed/abolished for some, un-abolished , un-destroyed, un made void for others.

Demonic moron, spiraling into dementia....Seen it often, in the financial services industry...

That is his demonic "reasoning," from the pits of hell.

Jesus came to abolish the law because we cannot do it.

So, Pate, on record:

1. Argues God expects us to "do" the law, for justification=righteousness of the law, not the righteousness of God. He admits this, in that he asserts the Saviour's walk in the law is imputed, credited to our account="vicarious law keeping." Vs,. the book's testimony:

Romans 3:21 KJV

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Galatians 2:21 KJV

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3:21 KJV

Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Thus,...

2. Pate argues that the solution to the sins issue, is not Christ dying for our sins, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, to blot out/wipe out/pay for the sin debt, "man's IOU" for breaking the good, holy, spiritual law of God, per Paul, in Romans 7, which Paul asserts is not void, as the problem is not with man, but with the God's law, as he asserts that it is not good, not holy, not spiritual, as it is the law, that is contrary/against us, not the sin debt/IOU that is contrary to/against us; Pate denies that the sin debt/IOU is contrary/ against us, as He asserts that God's laws against murder, lying, rape, sodomy, theft, adultery,......................................are contrary/against us, are not for our benefit, are not good, not holy, not spiritual; His "solution" is for the LORD God to destroy/abolish/make void the law, so there is o offense to break, not Christ dying for our sins, He paying the debt/IOU for us, in our place..

Thus, Pate, on record, asserts that Christ died in vain, there was no reason to die, as He did not need to die to pay our IOU/sin debt, as all the LORD God had to do, was destroy/abolish/make void/eliminate the law, so there would not be a sin debt/IOU., Thus, he then, ..

3.Deletes "the handwriting of ordinances" of Colossians 2:14 KJV, replacing it with "law/ordinances," thus perverting, corrupting the scriptures, making it look like Paul says that Christ blotted out, made void, the law/ordinances, making it look like Paul is saying that the law/ordinances are contrary/against us, not for our benefit, instead of Paul saying that the sin debt/IOU was blotted out, as that is what is contrary to us, against us, as Paul asserts that the law is good, holy, spiritual, not void, in Romans 11, and the problem is with man, and the sin debt/IOU for breaking a good, holy, spiritual law, not the law itself.

Pate says the opposite, asserting that the problem is with the law, as it is not good/holy/spiritual, and the problem is not with man, and he asserts that the solution is to assert that Christ came to destroy/abolish/blot out the law, not to die for man's breaking the good, holy, spiritual, law of God.

The "secular" example of Pate's "reasoning::

Pate gets a speeding ticket. He goes to court, and, in front of the judge...

Pate:Judge, I demand that you abolish/destroy the law against speeding. It is not a good law, because I/others cannot keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This law is not for my benefit, or society's-it is contrary to/against me/society!!!!!!!!!! Abolish it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And, if you do not abolish it, it automatically condemns me, judges me, as guilty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The judge: No, the laws are good, and are for everyone's benefit, including yours. They are not against you, are not contrary to you, they are not against society, they are not contrary to society, -they stand. The problem is with you/others breaking these good laws, and the debt you/others must pay for these offenses(sins) you committed. That is what is contrary to/against you/others. Pay the fine. The law cannot condemn you, just because it is in place.

Pate: No!!!!! Abolish the law!!!!!!!

The judge: Either pay the fine, or go to jail-the law stands.

Pate: No!!!!The laws are not good-they are the problem, not me!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Tell you what, Pate. Someone just paid your fine/debt/IOU(sin, offense, transgression) on your behalf. Justice is served. You are free to go(Christ died for our sins....paying the sin debt, IOU)

Pate: No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That person need not have paid my fine/debt!!!!!(Christ need not die to pay the sin debt/IOU). The solution is to abolish, destroy, make void, the laws against speeding(fill in the blank), so that we will not have to "do" these laws, obey them, and the solution is not the fine being satisfied(Christ-propitiation)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Lock up this man for dementia, contempt of court, lunacy-put him in a straight jacket.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
I never said that Christ ended the law and I quoted from the second chapter of Romans to prove it. The unbelieving Jews will be judged by it in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

I never said you did. Wake up out of your slumber/nap. I was pointing out that Pate says Romans 10:4 KJV means that the Lord Jesus Christ ended the law. Pay attention to the debate, instead of just being here to "prove" that you are right, as you don't read, much less examine, what others say/post/argue.

Jerry Shugart

I never said you did. Wake up out of your slumber/nap. I was pointing out that Pate says Romans 10:4 KJV means that the Lord Jesus Christ ended the law. Pay attention to the debate, instead of just being here to "prove" that you are right, as you don't read, much less examine, what others say/post/argue.

Then why did you put the word "you" here?:

john w

Hall of Fame

Another pathetic "one verse in isolation"ist.

The Lord Jesus Christ nailed to the cross what was contrary to him...

Ephesians 2:15 KJV "the law of commandments contained in ordinances;"

Colossians 2:14 KJV "the handwriting of ordinances"

Hebrews 7:16 KJV "the law of a carnal commandment"

Hebrews 9:10 KJV "carnal ordinances;"

What the Lord Jesus Christ abolished was carnal/fleshly commandments and ordinances, and hand written ordinances=that is the context..= the decrees of exclusion established by men, which were rooted in enmity between Jew & Gentile,such as “touch not, taste not, handle not”(survey Colossians 2:21 KJV), man-made social class/caste system set in place by Oral Torah, and Jewish leaders, attempting to keep a social and religious difference between Jews and Gentiles. Ordinances/decrees were laws that were man-made. Paul was referring to man-made orders, in this verse through the term “ordinance”. These “ordinances” were, yes, indeed hostile/”hate”/”enmity”, as they restrained anyone other than “Jews” worshiping God. These ordinances made a clear separation between Jew and Gentile, by elevating one above the other, to an “elite status,” to the extent where gentiles were looked down upon, scorned, and disassociated, by Jews everywhere………..

Paul...Romans 11....the law is ordained to life....good....holy....spiritual...not void....

The sin debt/IOU/man's carnal laws, are contrary to/against us, not God's holy, good, spiritual law.

john w

Hall of Fame
Then why did you put the word "you" here?:

I apologize, Jerry-this time, you are right. I am usually careful in my posts. I meant, should have included a question mark in " as Pate(you)", i.e. , " as Pate(you?)," because, in your response, I was not sure if you were agreeing with his interpretation of Romans 10:4 KJV, whered he interprets this to mean that the holy, good, spiritual law of God has been destroyed/abolished/made void/ended.I explained my understanding of the verse. Although I agree that believers are not under the jurisdiction of the law, I see now that you do not subscribe to that being equivalent to the law no longer existing, having ended, having been destroyed.

Again, my apology.(What is wrong with me? Being "nice?")

Robert Pate

Banned
Another pathetic "one verse in isolation"ist.

What the Lord Jesus Christ abolished was carnal/fleshly commandments and ordinances, and hand written ordinances=that is the context..= the decrees of exclusion established by men, which were rooted in enmity between Jew & Gentile,such as “touch not, taste not, handle not”(survey Colossians 2:21 KJV), man-made social class/caste system set in place by Oral Torah, and Jewish leaders, attempting to keep a social and religious difference between Jews and Gentiles. Ordinances/decrees were laws that were man-made. Paul was referring to man-made orders, in this verse through the term “ordinance”. These “ordinances” were, yes, indeed hostile/”hate”/”enmity”, as they restrained anyone other than “Jews” worshiping God. These ordinances made a clear separation between Jew and Gentile, by elevating one above the other, to an “elite status,” to the extent where gentiles were looked down upon, scorned, and disassociated, by Jews everywhere………..

Paul...Romans 11....the law is ordained to life....good....holy....spiritual...not void....

And the sin debt/IOU/man's carnal laws, are contrary to/against us, not God's holy, good, spiritual law.

In regard to the law, there are only two places that you can be.

1. Under it, which also means subject to it.

2. Free from it, which also means, not subject to it.

If you are under it, Paul says that you are under a curse, Galatians 3:10.

If you are free from it and are living by faith and the Holy Spirit, then you have peace with God, Romans 5:1.

There is only one law, God's law. There were some Galatians that wanted to live under and according to the law. Paul said to them, "Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law" Galatians 4:21.

Paul was giving them a warning. To be under the law or to be subject to the law, means that you will be judged by the law and condemned. This is why Jesus abolished the law for his people, Colossians 2:14.

Where there is law, there is judgment and condemnation. "There is no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1. There is no condemnation because there is no law, it has been abolished, just like the scripture says, Ephesians 2:15.

Join with me in telling John W that he is wrong.

Jerry Shugart

What about what Paul said here in regard to those who lived under the law?:

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all"
(Ro.4:16).​

I think that a better understanding about the points which Paul made about "law" is that we should not try to justify ourselves by doing the things of law because if you are doing that you are denying that believers are justified freely by the grace of God.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is only one law, God's law. There were some Galatians that wanted to live under and according to the law. Paul said to them, "Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law" Galatians 4:21.

Paul was giving them a warning. To be under the law or to be subject to the law, means that you will be judged by the law and condemned.
Robert,

You appeal to Gal. 4:21 then hop over to Colossians. Instead, spend some time in what follows in Gal. 4:22-31. In Gal. 4:22, note the word "For..." by the Apostle, wherein he begins to explain the reasoning behind what was asked in Gal. 4:21—to be under the law—signifies here in Gal. 4:21, to come under the yoke of the law, on the condition that God will act toward you according to the covenant of the law, and that you, in return, bind yourself to keep the law. In any other sense than this, all believers are under the law...but herein the Apostle Paul teaches of the law with its appendages.

You have a very bad tendency to cobble isolated verses together, absent from their surrounding contexts, and then make fanciful leaps. It is a method that can only lead to bizarre views and outright error.

Until you can demonstrate you have a good grasp of what Paul is speaking to in Gal. 4:21-31, you are just posting nonsense. So lay Gal. 4:21-31 out for the reader as you see it, explaining why you see things as you do. Of course, also include the context leading up to these verses at the beginning of the chapter, especially in consideration of our adoption in Christ the Apostle speaks to.

Maybe after you do some real heavy lifting, the conversation will proceed. :AMR: Barring such an honest effort, you are just Scripture dipping to your own folly.

AMR

john w

Hall of Fame

If you are free from it and are living by faith and the Holy Spirit, then you have peace with God, Romans 5:1.

Paul was giving them a warning. To be under the law or to be subject to the law, means that you will be judged by the law and condemned. This is why Jesus abolished the law for his people, Colossians 2:14.

Where there is law, there is judgment and condemnation. "There is no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1. There is no condemnation because there is no law, it has been abolished, just like the scripture says, Ephesians 2:15.

And the sin debt/IOU/man's carnal laws, are contrary to/against us, not God's holy, good, spiritual law.

john w

Hall of Fame

"Where there is law, there is judgment and condemnation. To be under the law or to be subject to the law, means that you will be judged by the law and condemned.

Pate's demonic dementia "logic:"

1.If the law exists, you are automatically condemned for breaking it.

2. Christ did not die for our sins....

3.To not be under the law, it's authority, the law must be eliminated, destroyed, abolished, made void.

Pate: Unless the laws against speeding, rape, murder, adultery, ...are abolished/made void, we are all under it, and judged as guilty.

Pate: If the laws of foreign countries are not abolished/destroyed/eliminated/made void, we are all under it, and will be judged by it.

And he, in demonic drunkenness, corrupts/trashes/butchers the meaning of abolish/destroy/makes void, saying something can be destroyed/abolished for some, un-abolished , un-destroyed, un made void for others.

Demonic moron, spiraling into dementia....Seen it often, in the financial services industry...

That is his demonic "reasoning," from the pits of hell.

So, Pate, on record:

1. Argues God expects us to "do" the law, for justification=righteousness of the law, not the righteousness of God. He admits this, in that he asserts the Saviour's walk in the law is imputed, credited to our account="vicarious law keeping." Vs,. the book's testimony:

Romans 3:21 KJV

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Galatians 2:21 KJV

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3:21 KJV

Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Thus,...

2. Pate argues that the solution to the sins issue, is not Christ dying for our sins, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, to blot out/wipe out/pay for the sin debt, "man's IOU" for breaking the good, holy, spiritual law of God, per Paul, in Romans 7, which Paul asserts is not void, as the problem is not with man, but with the God's law, as he asserts that it is not good, not holy, not spiritual, as it is the law, that is contrary/against us, not the sin debt/IOU that is contrary to/against us; Pate denies that the sin debt/IOU is contrary/ against us, as He asserts that God's laws against murder, lying, rape, sodomy, theft, adultery,......................................are contrary/against us, are not for our benefit, are not good, not holy, not spiritual; His "solution" is for the LORD God to destroy/abolish/make void the law, so there is o offense to break, not Christ dying for our sins, He paying the debt/IOU for us, in our place..

Thus, Pate, on record, asserts that Christ died in vain, there was no reason to die, as He did not need to die to pay our IOU/sin debt, as all the LORD God had to do, was destroy/abolish/make void/eliminate the law, so there would not be a sin debt/IOU., Thus, he then, ..

3.Deletes "the handwriting of ordinances" of Colossians 2:14 KJV, replacing it with "law/ordinances," thus perverting, corrupting the scriptures, making it look like Paul says that Christ blotted out, made void, the law/ordinances, making it look like Paul is saying that the law/ordinances are contrary/against us, not for our benefit, instead of Paul saying that the sin debt/IOU was blotted out, as that is what is contrary to us, against us, as Paul asserts that the law is good, holy, spiritual, not void, in Romans 11, and the problem is with man, and the sin debt/IOU for breaking a good, holy, spiritual law, not the law itself.

Pate says the opposite, asserting that the problem is with the law, as it is not good/holy/spiritual, and the problem is not with man, and he asserts that the solution is to assert that Christ came to destroy/abolish/blot out the law, not to die for man's breaking the good, holy, spiritual, law of God.

The "secular" example of Pate's "reasoning::

Pate gets a speeding ticket. He goes to court, and, in front of the judge...

Pate:Judge, I demand that you abolish/destroy the law against speeding. It is not a good law, because I/others cannot keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This law is not for my benefit, or society's-it is contrary to/against me/society!!!!!!!!!! Abolish it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And, if you do not abolish it, it automatically condemns me, judges me, as guilty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The judge: No, the laws are good, and are for everyone's benefit, including yours. They are not against you, are not contrary to you, they are not against society, they are not contrary to society, -they stand. The problem is with you/others breaking these good laws, and the debt you/others must pay for these offenses(sins) you committed. That is what is contrary to/against you/others. Pay the fine. The law cannot condemn you, just because it is in place.

Pate: No!!!!! Abolish the law!!!!!!!

The judge: Either pay the fine, or go to jail-the law stands.

Pate: No!!!!The laws are not good-they are the problem, not me!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Tell you what, Pate. Someone just paid your fine/debt/IOU(sin, offense, transgression) on your behalf. Justice is served. You are free to go(Christ died for our sins....paying the sin debt, IOU)

Pate: No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That person need not have paid my fine/debt!!!!!(Christ need not die to pay the sin debt/IOU). The solution is to abolish, destroy, make void, the laws against speeding(fill in the blank), so that we will not have to "do" these laws, obey them, and the solution is not the fine being satisfied(Christ-propitiation)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Lock up this man for dementia, contempt of court, lunacy-put him in a straight jacket.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Robert,

You appeal to Gal. 4:21 then hop over to Colossians. Instead, spend some time in what follows in Gal. 4:22-31. In Gal. 4:22, note the word "For..." by the Apostle, wherein he begins to explain the reasoning behind what was asked in Gal. 4:21—to be under the law—signifies here in Gal. 4:21, to come under the yoke of the law, on the condition that God will act toward you according to the covenant of the law, and that you, in return, bind yourself to keep the law. In any other sense than this, all believers are under the law...but herein the Apostle Paul teaches of the law with its appendages.

You have a very bad tendency to cobble isolated verses together, absent from their surrounding contexts, and then make fanciful leaps. It is a method that can only lead to bizarre views and outright error.

Until you can demonstrate you have a good grasp of what Paul is speaking to in Gal. 4:21-31, you are just posting nonsense. So lay Gal. 4:21-31 out for the reader as you see it, explaining why you see things as you do. Of course, also include the context leading up to these verses at the beginning of the chapter, especially in consideration of our adoption in Christ the Apostle speaks to.

Maybe after you do some real heavy lifting, the conversation will proceed. :AMR: Barring such an honest effort, you are just Scripture dipping to your own folly.

AMR

Exactamundo-as I've been saying, for months.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert,

AMR

Those that are in bondage to the law are those like yourself that are religious. Religion is a religion of law. Religion is always of the flesh because it is always about you. Faith and the Holy Spirit is not about religion or us. It is about Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

I am afraid that you are the child that was born after the bondwoman, Galatians 4:23. While I am the child born after the freewoman, Galatians 4:31.

I am not under any laws or rules. I am God's free man in Jesus Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.