The Importance of Believing that Jesus Atoned for the Sins of the World

Robert Pate

Banned
Thats a false statement unless we understand the world as God's Elect worldwide ! To believe it means all humanity without exception is to believe a lie !

To not believe that Jesus atoned for the sins of the world is a denial of the Gospel and will put you under the wrath of God. But don't worry, you will have plenty of company.

beloved57

To not believe that Jesus atoned for the sins of the world is a denial of the Gospel and will put you under the wrath of God. But don't worry, you will have plenty of company.

You are encouraging people to believe a lie, something the scriptures dont teach !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thats a false statement unless we understand the world as God's Elect worldwide ! To believe it means all humanity without exception is to believe a lie !

You don't understand John 3:16.

John 3:16 Modern English Version (MEV)

16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
br

No you dont, neither do you believe it, you cant believe it !

I believe it as saying that man has the free-will choice to believe in God. When he does, salvation is granted by the father through the Son. In no way did God ever desire us to be robots of Calvinism.

beloved57

I believe it as saying that man has the free-will choice to believe in God. When he does, salvation is granted by the father through the Son. In no way did God ever desire us to be robots of Calvinism.

See, you don't believe it or understand it!

j4jesus09

Isn't freewill attached to the understanding on the inside? Doesn't what's on the inside show on the outside? Thus freewill?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You are anti-Gospel and anti-Christ.
I don't see that at all.

I believe your fear and defensiveness comes from the fact that I like to focus on context and history. I enjoy learning about the religious, political and social events surrounding the times of the Bible--especially in Jesus' day.

Most pastors talk about statements of belief such as "Jesus died for our sins," "Jesus is the Son of God," etc. They do not seem very interested in explaining what those phrases meant to the original authors and their readers and listeners.

I can't blame you for your feelings here. I can only point out that you are being--in my opinion--too quick to judge.

Christianity is a historical faith and I take it seriously in that regard.
I try to first determine what the text actually says and then I try to find out what that meant in its original context. And only then can I try to apply that knowledge to everyday life in the 21st century.

To me, it is Jesus and only Jesus who is the "norm" of the Bible.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Walk with me in my understanding. Doesn't choices come from the person's understanding. What's on the inside?

God presents us with a choice. Will we accept him for who he says he is or will we reject him. It really is as simple as this; "He who calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved."

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Jesus could not have forgiven the sins of any one because he himself declared that if one comes to the Temple to plead for salvation and, all of a sudden is reminded that he has offended someone else, he must leave every thing behind, and go set things right with whomever he has an issue with and set things right with him and only then return to proceed with the prayers. (Mat. 5:23,24) It means that Jesus could not forgive the sins committed against another. Then it was against the Prophets that someone else other than the sinner himself could make atonement for the sins of another. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

If Jesus is recorded as attacking the Priests in their Temple rites, he himself needed to be forgiven by the priests.
I just don't see any evidence that Jesus came to the temple during the last week of his life to "plead for salvation."

I believe that you are taking the ancient prophets of the Hebrew Bible out of context to support your own personal theology here. As we all know, Matthew did this as well to convince his readers that there was a strong continuity between Jesus and what ancient authors wrote about.

In that respect you and I are probably different, because I have been convinced that Matthew clearly forced the writings of the prophets into a prediction of something in Jesus' life centuries later.

j4jesus09

God presents us with a choice. Will we accept him for who he says he is or will we reject him. It really is as simple as this; "He who calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved."

Yes He does present us with a choice. You think each and everyone person in this entire world has seen or understood what you just stated?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes He does present us with a choice. You think each and everyone person in this entire world has seen or understood what you just stated?

No, that is why there are teachers, pastors and evangelists.

Matthew 28:19-20 Modern English Version (MEV)

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

20 teaching them to observe all things I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Strongly disagree with your understanding. Who commanded the sacrifices of animals in leviticus to be shed for sins? God does desire repentance of course but some things must be done until the lamb came. revelation 13:8b states the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world. So even though the plan and purpose had already been concluded in God's mind the act must still be done in the present or the fullness of time. This is very crazy my brother or sister for you to claim the work of what Jesus did was not die for the world and particulary you and I. What he was killed for was just an EXCUSE to kill him. He went as he was ordained to go! INNOCENT, BLAMELESS, SINLESS. They could have accused him of a drunkard, oh they did, maybe the devil, oh they did, they could have accused him of blasphmey, oh they did, so he was accused of many different things. High treason is totally a cop out! This was craziest thing I have heard in a while.
It is just too easy to cherry-pick phrases and theologies from the entire Bible to justify one's own beliefs.

I think I know this full well because I admit that I, too, "cherry-pick" my own beliefs.

I try to focus on Jesus himself, in the context of his times. This will mean that I don't preference anything second-hand about him. I try to be aware of his unique voice and manner of speaking--the parables and the short, pithy sayings. To me this is the Jesus I pay attention to.

I see the Bible as the "words" of God--not "THE word" of God. It is a product of inspired men who wrote in different times and wrote from different traditions and agendas. And the New Testament in particular was written down at least 50 years after Jesus died. We are dealing with remembered history from oral tradition, metaphor, theology, myth and legend.

As a Christian it is my responsibility to try and separate out those different and diverse strands so I can locate and isolate the teachings of Jesus from the words and deeds that were attributed to him by the gospel writers. In other words, I try to separate their idea of Jesus from the actual historical figure who walked the dusty roads of Palestine.

j4jesus09

No, that is why there are teachers, pastors and evangelists.

Matthew 28:19-20 Modern English Version (MEV)

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

20 teaching them to observe all things I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

Understood that is what teachers are for. They teach knowledge. I understand because I have been born again and can now see God. God led me to accepting His son. Before, I didn't understand and wouldn't have if God didn't rattle me. So can we just understand the teaching without God? Is something special inside of me? Am I more smart than another. Am I more wise than another? If so, did the next person not have the same inside them? If so, how can they understand. These are all valid questions that scripture teaches us about.

j4jesus09

It is just too easy to cherry-pick phrases and theologies from the entire Bible to justify one's own beliefs.

I think I know this full well because I admit that I, too, "cherry-pick" my own beliefs.

I try to focus on Jesus himself, in the context of his times. This will mean that I don't preference anything second-hand about him. I try to be aware of his unique voice and manner of speaking--the parables and the short, pithy sayings. To me this is the Jesus I pay attention to.

I see the Bible as the "words" of God--not "THE word" of God. It is a product of inspired men who wrote in different times and wrote from different traditions and agendas. And the New Testament in particular was written down at least 50 years after Jesus died. We are dealing with remembered history from oral tradition, metaphor, theology, myth and legend.

As a Christian it is my responsibility to try and separate out those different and diverse strands so I can locate and isolate the teachings of Jesus from the words and deeds that were attributed to him by the gospel writers. In other words, I try to separate their idea of Jesus from the actual historical figure who walked the dusty roads of Palestine.

Understood.

glorydaz

Walk with me in my understanding. Doesn't choices come from the person's understanding. What's on the inside?

God created us to know Him..."that which may be known of God is manifest IN THEM." Thus all men are without excuse.

Romans 1:19-20 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you believe this B 57?

1 John 4:10 Modern English Version (MEV)

10 In this is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins.