The Importance of Believing that Jesus Atoned for the Sins of the World

Robert Pate

Banned
To deny that Jesus atoned for the sins of the world is to deny that Jesus is Lord.

"And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it" Colossians 2:15.

When Jesus atoned for the sins of the world he defeated sin, death and the devil and reconciled the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. To deny that Jesus defeated sin, death and the devil is to deny the Gospel and that the world has been reconciled unto God.

Paul said that the Gospel is... "The power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes" Romans 1:16. To everyone that believes the Gospel.

To deny that Jesus is the savior of the world and that he has atoned for the sins of the world is to deny that you are a Christian and have eternal life. Plain and simple.

From the Old Testament unto the New Testament the Bible teaches that the "JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" Romans 1:17. They live by faith in God's promises and God's word.

It is very obvious that those who deny that Jesus is the savior of the world are NOT of the faith.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus at the right hand of God in heaven is our assurance of our salvation.

Not predestination or anything else.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus didn't teach atonement theory, he taught real salvation by way of sincere repentance, spirit born transformation and a whole souled commitment to seek and do the will of God in our lives as he did in his.

Jesus said the cross was proof of his authority to teach the original gospel that he had hoped the Jews would adopt and in turn teach to the world.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To deny that Jesus atoned for the sins of the world is to deny that Jesus is Lord.....Paul said that the Gospel is... "The power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes" Romans 1:16. To everyone that believes the Gospel.

Well done. You're MAD. :plain:

M. A. Williams

To deny that Jesus atoned for the sins of the world is to deny that Jesus is Lord.

"And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it" Colossians 2:15.

When Jesus atoned for the sins of the world he defeated sin, death and the devil and reconciled the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. To deny that Jesus defeated sin, death and the devil is to deny the Gospel and that the world has been reconciled unto God.

Paul said that the Gospel is... "The power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes" Romans 1:16. To everyone that believes the Gospel.

To deny that Jesus is the savior of the world and that he has atoned for the sins of the world is to deny that you are a Christian and have eternal life. Plain and simple.

From the Old Testament unto the New Testament the Bible teaches that the "JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" Romans 1:17. They live by faith in God's promises and God's word.

It is very obvious that those who deny that Jesus is the savior of the world are NOT of the faith.

Precisely why I don't believe in absolute or 'universal' atonement because not all sin was atoned for. Or at least it needs to be "All*" with a footnote.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Believing that Jesus actually saw himself as "Savior of the World" lets us off the hook so we don't have to take his actual teachings and ethics too seriously.

Robert Pate

Banned
Precisely why I don't believe in absolute or 'universal' atonement because not all sin was atoned for. Or at least it needs to be "All*" with a footnote.

You are at odds with Christ because Jesus claims to be the savior of the world, John 12:47.

if Jesus did not atone for the sins of the world then Jesus is NOT Lord and should be removed from his position at the right hand of God, Hebrews 7:26.

Robert Pate

Banned
Since you rightfully believe that not all are saved, and since you hold that the world is all humans, are you not of the faith?

Salvation has been provided for all.

Jesus is the international savior, "He tasted death for everyone" Hebrews 2:9.

If you could just believe the scriptures, you could get saved.

Robert Pate

Banned
Believing that Jesus actually saw himself as "Savior of the World" lets us off the hook so we don't have to take his actual teachings and ethics too seriously.

There will be a judgment of individuals. You had better take his words very seriously. Unless you want to hear... "Depart from me I never knew you" Matthew 7:23.

Ben Masada

Jesus didn't teach atonement theory, he taught real salvation by way of sincere repentance, spirit born transformation and a whole souled commitment to seek and do the will of God in our lives as he did in his.

Jesus said the cross was proof of his authority to teach the original gospel that he had hoped the Jews would adopt and in turn teach to the world.

What original gospel are you talking about, the gospel of Paul or the gospel of Jesus. If you had lived at the time of Jesus and asked about this original gospel, he would tell you to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. According to his parable about the Richman and Lazarus, that's the only way to escape hell-fire. (Luke 16:31) The Jews had already adopted that gospel. It is called Judaism.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
There will be a judgment of individuals. You had better take his words very seriously. Unless you want to hear... "Depart from me I never knew you" Matthew 7:23.
I am judged every day. Especially by myself. But I don't believe in a strict/jealous God of justice. Of course I could be way off base here, but I don't see this tradition of seeing God as part of Jesus' own vision of the Father.

As far as not taking Jesus seriously, I have to strenuously disagree. I try to separate his unique "voice print" from the dogma and theology placed on his lips by his later followers. It's his authentic preaching that I try to take seriously.

Robert Pate

Banned
What original gospel are you talking about, the gospel of Paul or the gospel of Jesus. If you had lived at the time of Jesus and asked about this original gospel, he would tell you to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. According to his parable about the Richman and Lazarus, that's the only way to escape hell-fire. (Luke 16:31) The Jews had already adopted that gospel. It is called Judaism.

There is only one Gospel, Galatians 1:6, 7.

It is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

The law is not the Gospel. The law being the nature and character of God will condemn you to hell, if you try to be saved by keeping it.

Robert Pate

Banned
I am judged every day. Especially by myself. But I don't believe in a strict/jealous God of justice. Of course I could be way off base here, but I don't see this tradition of seeing God as part of Jesus' own vision of the Father.

As far as not taking Jesus seriously, I have to strenuously disagree. I try to separate his unique "voice print" from the dogma and theology placed on his lips by his later followers. It's his authentic preaching that I try to take seriously.

God is holy, holy, holy. If you come before him in the judgment in your sins you will be toast.