The Importance of Believing that Jesus Atoned for the Sins of the World

j4jesus09

Some of those who had crucified Christ became Christians when they heard the Gospel, Acts 2:23, 36.

The Holy Spirit and the Gospel are inseparable.

Agreed they are inseparable. From my own conversion the holy spirit worked in my heart, mind, and soul to believe the gospel. Not the other way around. An individual does not ask the holy spirit to do this before he has been converted. Truth is what converts us. We don't choose not to understand the truth we geninuely don't understand or for some even know the truth. Once a person understands the truth meaning it becomes who they are then they can start new life. The understanding is from the LORD. Not something simply learned.

Jerry Shugart

The Bible teaches that Jesus is the savior of the whole world.

All you do is quote verses which you think proves that all men have their sins remitted even though they do not believe. All you have proved so far is the fact that you do not believe what Peter said here:

"To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins" (Acts 10:38).​

How do you reconcile what Peter said here to your idea that the sins of all people were expiated at the Cross?

Then I will answer any verse which you choose.

j4jesus09

If God did not call some it is probably because he knew that they would not come to Christ, so why call them? There is such a thing as a reprobate.

Well Robert, now that would present an even greater question, why create them? If God already knew they would not come why even create them knowing that?

Robert Pate

Banned
Agreed they are inseparable. From my own conversion the holy spirit worked in my heart, mind, and soul to believe the gospel. Not the other way around. An individual does not ask the holy spirit to do this before he has been converted. Truth is what converts us. We don't choose not to understand the truth we geninuely don't understand or for some even know the truth. Once a person understands the truth meaning it becomes who they are then they can start new life. The understanding is from the LORD. Not something simply learned.

Right,

The Holy Spirit is the teacher, John 16:13.

j4jesus09

Right,

The Holy Spirit is the teacher, John 16:13.

Do you believe the way the the Holy Spirit teaches you and I the truth that he is teaching the person out there committing heinous murders, robbery, cold blooded crimes, and every evil under the sun? Do you believe they could continue in that if the truth was shed in their hearts by the holy spirit?

Jerry Shugart

From my own conversion the holy spirit worked in my heart, mind, and soul to believe the gospel.

No one is converted until they believe the gospel. From what you said you must think that people are converted first and then believe the gospel.

j4jesus09

No one is converted until they believe the gospel. From what you said you must think that people are converted first and then believe the gospel.

Understood, but without the holy spirit you wouldn't believe the gospel. The holy spirit is what we need to understand the truth which is contained in the gospel. Our minds could not understand it without the help of God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If God did not call some it is probably because he knew that they would not come to Christ, so why call them?

No one can come to Jesus Christ except that the Father draws the person to Jesus. The NT does not say that the Father is drawing everyone to Jesus at this time. The Father is more powerful than any unbeliever.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No one can come to Jesus Christ except that the Father draws the person to Jesus. The NT does not say that the Father is drawing everyone to Jesus at this time. The Father is more powerful than any unbeliever.
2 Peter 3:9 King James Version (KJV)

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Robert Pate

Banned
Do you believe the way the the Holy Spirit teaches you and I the truth that he is teaching the person out there committing heinous murders, robbery, cold blooded crimes, and every evil under the sun? Do you believe they could continue in that if the truth was shed in their hearts by the holy spirit?

This is why John wrote, 1 John 1:6

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
2 Peter 3:9 King James Version (KJV)

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

So you believe the preposition "to us" is referring to everyone on earth?

Robert Pate

Banned
All you do is quote verses which you think proves that all men have their sins remitted even though they do not believe. All you have proved so far is the fact that you do not believe what Peter said here:

"To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins" (Acts 10:38).​

How do you reconcile what Peter said here to your idea that the sins of all people were expiated at the Cross?

Then I will answer any verse which you choose.

What did Paul mean when he wrote this?

"And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it" Colossians 2:15.

The principalities are sin, death and the devil.

Jerry Shugart

What did Paul mean when he wrote this?

"And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it" Colossians 2:15.

The principalities are sin, death and the devil.

I asked you a question about the meaning of what Peter said at Acts 10:38 and instead of answering that question all you did was to ask me a question.

Still waitng.

Jerry Shugart

I think that you have the wrong scripture concerning what Peter said.

It is this passage which contain the words spoken by Peter about the remission of sins:

"To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins" (Acts 10:43).​

According to Peter only the sins of those who believe are taken away or expiated.

But you say that all of the sins of everyone in the whole world have been taken away or expiated.

Why should we believe you instead of Peter?

Last edited:

Zeke

The bride of Christ.

Which like the new birth is a inward marriage, noting that there is neither male or female, Jew or Gentile in the mentality of the Christ, they are just Actors in a allegorical teaching that depicts all sides of our nature and the place of Divine graduation when we grasp that it is a kingdom within and none observable to the first born represented by the letter that veils the mind to its Esoteric structure.