The Importance of Believing that Jesus Atoned for the Sins of the World

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
God is holy, holy, holy. If you come before him in the judgment in your sins you will be toast.
I searched my Strong's Biblical Concordance and cannot find the word "toast" anywhere in it.

I come before God's "judgement in my sins" every moment in every day. Yet I am still forgiven to the same extent that I forgive others.

Like Jesus and John the Baptizer before him, I see a God of mercy that demands repentance and forgiveness of others. To me salvation is something that happens in this life, not the next. Jesus freely offered and granted salvation to many long before he was sent to the cross in Jerusalem.

Forgiveness of sins has nothing to do with the theology of a blood sacrifice in my opinion.

Robert Pate

Banned
I searched my Strong's Biblical Concordance and cannot find the word "toast" anywhere in it.

I come before God's "judgement in my sins" every moment in every day. Yet I am still forgiven to the same extent that I forgive others.

Like Jesus and John the Baptizer before him, I see a God of mercy that demands repentance and forgiveness of others. To me salvation is something that happens in this life, not the next. Jesus freely offered and granted salvation to many long before he was sent to the cross in Jerusalem.

Forgiveness of sins has nothing to do with the theology of a blood sacrifice in my opinion.

Of course you are wrong.

"Foreasmuch as you know that you were not redeemed with corruptable things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers. But with the precious blood of Christ, as a lamb without blemish or spot" 1 Peter 1:18, 19.

I guess your opinion is wrong.

Jerry Shugart

ATONE: To make expiation as for sin or wrong doing.

So all the sins of all men have been expiated?

Then how can the sins of unbelivers be held against them, especially since you say that the penalty for those sins has already been paid?

I believe that the Lord died on behalf of all men but that He did not die in the place of all men.

The law being the nature and character of God will condemn you to hell, if you try to be saved by keeping it.

Again, how can God judge you for your sins if those sins have already been taken away and expiated?

Last edited:

beloved57

To deny that Jesus atoned for the sins of the world is to deny that Jesus is Lord.

"And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it" Colossians 2:15.

When Jesus atoned for the sins of the world he defeated sin, death and the devil and reconciled the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. To deny that Jesus defeated sin, death and the devil is to deny the Gospel and that the world has been reconciled unto God.

Paul said that the Gospel is... "The power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes" Romans 1:16. To everyone that believes the Gospel.

To deny that Jesus is the savior of the world and that he has atoned for the sins of the world is to deny that you are a Christian and have eternal life. Plain and simple.

From the Old Testament unto the New Testament the Bible teaches that the "JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" Romans 1:17. They live by faith in God's promises and God's word.

It is very obvious that those who deny that Jesus is the savior of the world are NOT of the faith.

Invalid comments, God only Promised Salvation to one specific People, Israel His Elect Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

He came to atone for the sins of a specific people Heb 2:17

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

To believe He atoned for the sins of all mankinf without exception is to believe a lie !

Ben Masada

1 - There is only one Gospel, Galatians 1:6, 7.

2 - It is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

3 - The law is not the Gospel. The law being the nature and character of God will condemn you to hell, if you try to be saved by keeping it.

1 - Are you positive! When Paul went up to Jerusalem, he tarried idly to check things around, listened to the message of the gospel preached by the Apostles of Jesus and got terribly disappointed as he arrived to the conclusion that they were preaching a different gospel about a different Jesus. Hence, he considered them as false apostles; deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. (II Cor. 11:4-6, 13) This already says upfront that more than a gospel was being preached around; the gospel of Paul and that of the Apostles of Jesus. Then, in a letter to his disciple Timothy in II Tim. 2:8, he revealed the secret that Jesus was the Messiah and that he had resurrected was according to his gospel. It means that there was another gospel being preached, in whose agenda, Jesus was not spoken of as being the Messiah or that he had resurrected. So, what are you taking about!

2 - Perhaps, his gospel because, according to Isa. 1:18,19 the only way to set things right with God so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow, the only way is repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law.

3 - And you say, "if you try to be saved by keeping the Law, you will be condemned to hell." Let's make a deal. While I try to live by keeping the Law, you try to live by breaking it and let's see who will be saved. Do you have any doubt? I don't. I am quite certain of whoof the both of us will end in hell.

Robert Pate

Banned
So all the sins of all men have been expiated?

Then how can the sins of unbelivers be held against them, especially since you say that the penalty for those sins has already been paid?

I believe that the Lord died on behalf of all men but that He did not die in the place of all men.

Again, how can God judge you for your sins if those sins have already been taken away and expiated?

The "Great White Throne" judgment will be for unbelievers and not for sin as all sin has been done away with in Jesus Christ.

Jesus as our substitute and representative died in our place and on our behalf. To not believe that is to not believe the Gospel.

Robert Pate

Banned
1 - Are you positive! When Paul went up to Jerusalem, he tarried idly to check things around, listened to the message of the gospel preached by the Apostles of Jesus and got terribly disappointed as he arrived to the conclusion that they were preaching a different gospel about a different Jesus. Hence, he considered them as false apostles; deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. (II Cor. 11:4-6, 13) This already says upfront that more than a gospel was being preached around; the gospel of Paul and that of the Apostles of Jesus. Then, in a letter to his disciple Timothy in II Tim. 2:8, he revealed the secret that Jesus was the Messiah and that he had resurrected was according to his gospel. It means that there was another gospel being preached, in whose agenda, Jesus was not spoken of as being the Messiah or that he had resurrected. So, what are you taking about!

2 - Perhaps, his gospel because, according to Isa. 1:18,19 the only way to set things right with God so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow, the only way is repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law.

3 - And you say, "if you try to be saved by keeping the Law, you will be condemned to hell." Let's make a deal. While I try to live by keeping the Law, you try to live by breaking it and let's see who will be saved. Do you have any doubt? I don't. I am quite certain of whoof the both of us will end in hell.

There is no salvation outside of Jesus Christ.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no man can come to the Father, but by me" John 14:6.

j4jesus09

Robert, it is very important to believe this. However, it is still pre-ordained by God to believe or else we wouldn't. Unbelief is a symptom of sin and our fallen nature. Even when we want to believe we can't without GOD's help. If can believe on our own without God's help then what is God doing for us?

24Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I DO BELIEVE; help me overcome my UNBELIEF!”

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert, it is very important to believe this. However, it is still pre-ordained by God to believe or else we wouldn't. Unbelief is a symptom of sin and our fallen nature. Even when we want to believe we can't without GOD's help. If can believe on our own without God's help then what is God doing for us?

24Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I DO BELIEVE; help me overcome my UNBELIEF!”

The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ, Hebrews 3:15.

He calls, but many turn him off.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Not true.

For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble are called.
(1 Corinthians 1:26 NKJV)​

j4jesus09

He calls, but many turn him off.

I once again agree. You and I may know that through the word but before a person can come to understand this and read it dissect it how does God draw a person who has no desire for him who doesn't understand what the scriptures say? Who give no thought to God?
Do you remember where we came from before we loved to read God's word? Dead in sins. Forgive them for they know not what they do. Really the majority really don't know as we do!! Even when we were babes in Christ the majority doesn't even believe as babes in Christ. Do you agree with that?

Ephesians 2:1-5
As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the (spirit) who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesha and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. 4But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Jerry Shugart

The "Great White Throne" judgment will be for unbelievers and not for sin as all sin has been done away with in Jesus Christ.

So all sin has been done away? If all sins were expiated at the Cross then why would Peter says that it takes "faith" to have one's sins taken away?:

"To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins" (Acts 10:38).​

Jesus as our substitute and representative died in our place and on our behalf. To not believe that is to not believe the Gospel.

You pervert the gospel when you assert that the Lord Jesus expiated the sins of unbelievers at the Cross. You pervert the gospel when you say that everyone's sins were remitted at the Cross even though Peter says that only those who believe have their sins remitted.

Robert Pate

Banned
So all sin has been done away? If all sins were expiated at the Cross then why would Peter says that it takes "faith" to have one's sins taken away?:

"To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins" (Acts 10:38).​

You pervert the gospel when you assert that the Lord Jesus expiated the sins of unbelievers at the Cross. You pervert the gospel when you say that everyone's sins were remitted at the Cross even though Peter says that only those who believe have their sins remitted.

The Bible teaches that Jesus is the savior of the whole world.

"And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not ours only but for the sins of THE WHOLE WORLD" 1 John 2:2.

"And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the savior of the world" 1 John 4:14.

If Jesus had not defeated sin, death and the devil no one could be saved.

Robert Pate

Banned
Not true.

For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble are called.
(1 Corinthians 1:26 NKJV)​

If God did not call some it is probably because he knew that they would not come to Christ, so why call them? There is such a thing as a reprobate.

Robert Pate

Banned
I once again agree. You and I may know that through the word but before a person can come to understand this and read it dissect it how does God draw a person who has no desire for him who doesn't understand what the scriptures say? Who give no thought to God?
Do you remember where we came from before we loved to read God's word? Dead in sins. Forgive them for they know not what they do. Really the majority really don't know as we do!! Even when we were babes in Christ the majority doesn't even believe as babes in Christ. Do you agree with that?

Ephesians 2:1-5
As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the (spirit) who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesha and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. 4But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Some of those who had crucified Christ became Christians when they heard the Gospel, Acts 2:23, 36.

The Holy Spirit and the Gospel are inseparable.