The Hoax of the Three Days and Three Nights

Ben Masada

[MENTION=12045]jamie[/MENTION]

I'm so sorry that you don't want to see the light.

I am already part of the people whom Jesus called light of the world. (Matthew 5;14)

As I said it before, I just presented the TRUTH that was given by Jesus Himself and people don't believe Him.

You have presented no truth from Jesus but your truth from Paul.

The Jewish nation, His chosen people, rejected Him and now other non jews are doing the same thing.

We have not rejected Jesus son of Joseph and Mary but the Jesus you copied from Paul.

JESUS NEVER FORCED ANYBODY TO FOLLOW HIM.

That's true, especially Gentiles. Read Matthew 10:5,6.

IS OUR OWN DECISION TO FOLLOW HIM OR NOT

I can't follow the Jesus you are talking about because he is dead.

I'M GOING TO FOLLOW HIM

Good luck! Start by studying his Bible which was called Tanach.

dodge

I am in the team of Jesus all right. I am sure you cannot deny that Jesus was a Jewish man whose Faith was Judaism. That's exactly where I am. Why don't you acknowledge that truth and come yourself to the side of Jesus? There is no truth in the gospel of Paul. Believe me!

Do you acknowledge that the only way to God is through Jesus ?

Jhn 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

amadeois

Mmmmmmm.

This world is little bit nuts!!!

Everybody is pushing their own agenda, so how do we expect to have peace in this Earth????

Somebody says read this book, somebody else says read this other book because is better than yours.

That to me is CRAZY.

WHO CAN YOU TRUST?

Can you tryst any of the persons posting here?

They all say that they know the TRUTH.

SO WHO IS RIGHT?
WHICH BOOK IS THE TRUTH?

If a new person in the faith came here to see what goes on, what will that person say?

THEY ARE ALL NUTS.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

amadeois

I have to thank the people posting here because I have learned a lot, seriously.

From different faith and different points of view.

Also I believe I'll be wasting my time trying to convice others on what I believe to be the TRUTH.

I believe some areas became clearer.

I'll continue to read the posts but I should refrain myself to be part of this crazyness of who is better or who is right.

GOD BLESS US ALL, BROTHERS

dodge

I am already part of the people whom Jesus called light of the world. (Matthew 5;14)

You have presented no truth from Jesus but your truth from Paul.

We have not rejected Jesus son of Joseph and Mary but the Jesus you copied from Paul.

That's true, especially Gentiles. Read Matthew 10:5,6.

I can't follow the Jesus you are talking about because he is dead.

Good luck! Start by studying his Bible which was called Tanach.

I pray God open your heart to HIS truth. You keep rejecting the truth of God in Christ Jesus you will spend eternity in hell.

Everyone will eventually accept the anti-christ that is fast approaching ! The only one that can keep you from this worlds lies is Christ Jesus.

amadeois

You believe Jesus was resurrected at about 6:00 PM at the end of the Sabbath???

amadeois

Was it because Matthew 28:1???

If you are interested, I have information about it.

amadeois

That verse reads as follows:

"In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary ..."

So it looks like it is referring to the end of Saturday at about 6:00 PM. And "the beginning to dawn" seams to be the beginning
of a day that starts at 6:00 PM.
So we can believe that is referring to about 6:00 PM.

But we should take a look at the original language, the Koine Greek.

The word sabbath (G4521) could mean:
1. sabbath, day 7 of the week,
2. a week, a total of 7 days.

The word epiphosko (G2020) means to grow light, dawn, meaning that light is starting to increase as at sun up or sunrise. This happens at 6:00 on the morning.

So the first sabbath is not referring to the last day of the week, but that the week had ended.

So it should be translated as:

In the end of the week, as it began to get lighted (sunrise) towards the first day of the week...

There are 2 other passages that mention that the ladies came to the sepulcher:

a. early,
b. on the first day of the week.

And we have the verse in Mark 16:9 that everybody is using to say that Jesus was resurrected early on the first day of the week.

2 PROBLEMS
The verses 9 through 20 were not found to be in the older scriptures so they are questionable.

Also if you know all other surrounding verses, it should be rewritten:

Having risen, early on the first...

You add a comma and everything agrees.

But if you look at the original greek, you will be amazed at what it really conveys.

Look at it and give me your comments. I'll make mine after I see what goes on with this verse.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The word epiphosko (G2020) means to grow light, dawn, meaning that light is starting to increase as at sun up or sunrise. This happens at 6:00 on the morning.

The word "dawn" in Matthew 28:1 indicates the beginning of a twelve hour day, but when does a twenty-four hour day begin?

For example, the dawn of the space age did not begin at 6:00 AM.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Having risen, early on the first...

You add a comma and everything agrees.

I'm familiar with the comma premise but it requires four nights: Thursday evening, Friday evening, Saturday evening, Sunday evening.

This does not meet the sign of Jonah.

amadeois

Sorry, but so many people are SO BLIND and don't want to see the actual truth and they don't believe in Jesus himself. Not believing in the Bible, the written word, Jesus himself.

They have allowed the enemy to deceive them with their ideas after seeing everything, they still don't understand.

Well that's it. God bless you and continue believing whatever you think is right.

I'll go with Jesus 72 hours, hemera and epiphosko that mean light and not darkness. Some people are still in the dark, so be it.

Amen.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I'll go with Jesus 72 hours, hemera and epiphosko that mean light and not darkness. Some people are still in the dark, so be it.

The meaning of words can be literal or figurative.

Three days and four nights does not equal 72 hours.

rstrats

jamie,
re: "I'm familiar with the comma premise but it requires four nights: Thursday evening, Friday evening, Saturday evening, Sunday evening. This does not meet the sign of Jonah."

Sure it does. There isn't any night time involved with a 5th day of the week crucifixion. So 5th day of the week daytime burial, 6th day of the week night time and daytime in the tomb, 7th day of the week night time and daytime in the tomb,and 1st day of the week night time in the tomb. That amount to 3 daytimes and 3 night times.

daqq

The Hoax of the Three Days and Three Nights

On the third day or in three days, simply means after a short period of time. (Hosea 6:2)

Night or day for three days, as we have in the request of Esther to fast for her, means three days or three nights whether one follows the tradition to fast by day or by night. Those terms were used here because it was in the Diaspora where most Persians followed the tradition to fast by night. So, Esther's maids who were not Jewish, would share Esther's pain by showing their solidarity with their night fast. (Esther 4:16)

The case of Jonah dispenses all explanation because it happened during a vision. Therefore metaphorical language. That could be the entire three days and three nights, since everything is possible in a vision or dream. (Jonah 2:1)

Now, for the three days and three nights we are talking about, for Jesus to spend in the tomb, according to Matthew 12:40, the writer must have had a very poor insight about parables or metaphorical language to draw his prophecy in the terms of Jonah's allegory. If he had used the language of Esther or Hosea, he could have saved his prophecy from being a hoax, but now he must account for the whole three days and three nights or parts thereof.

We don't even need another gospel writer to contradict the one of Matthew. This contradicts himself as he declares that the next day, the one following the Day of Preparation, the chief Priests asked Pilate for a guard of soldiers to watch the tomb area for three days. (Mat. 27:62-64) The Jewish Preparation Day is always Friday, and the following day is the Sabbath.

Then, after that Sabbath, as the first day was dawning, the women went to see the sepulcher, there was an earthquake, an "angel" came down from Heaven, removed the stone, and the tomb was empty. Someone had cheated the angel by raising Jesus from there long before the "angel" could at least be an eyewitness to the resurrection.

Based on the Jewish method that a whole day or night can be accounted for any part of the day or night, we can consider the first day for those minutes that took Joseph of Arimathea to get Jesus into the tomb before sunset. The first night from sunset to sundawn of Saturday, the second day from sundawn Saturday to sunset that Saturday, and the second night from sunset that Saturday to the sundawn of the first day. It was still dark when the women arrived at the tomb to find it empty. Therefore we are missing a whole day and a whole night to save Matthew 12:40 from becoming a prophetical hoax and a classical contradiction in the NT.

Any volunteers to solve this puzzle?

Well, what's your question? How do you know that the OP does not understand if you don't question him? Could it be that you are the one who does not know what you need to ask?

Why do I need to question you when you have already added to what Matthew says? Nowhere in Matthew 12:40 do we read of a tomb, sepulcher, or grave. Like most here you have concocted your own straw man prison dilemma from which the only escape is to relinquish what you yourself have added into the words of Matthew. In addition the word rendered "earth" in the passage may just as easily be rendered "land". Every Yisraeli understood what and where "the heart of the Land" was and is in Yisrael, (Yerushalem, while the Sanhedrin body was likened to "the heart of the people", which is why they claimed to speak "for all" at the trial of Yeshua). Likewise Yeshua spent three full days and three full nights in the Sanhedrin underground dungeon, ("in the heart of the Land"), awaiting his trial before the criminal court of twenty three because he was accused as a mesith. However the trial did not pan out in the way that they had hoped; so Kaiaphas rent his garments, utterly disqualifying himself according to the Torah, (and the penalty is death for what he did because the anointing was upon him), and at the same time the Sanhedrin body was disqualified because it was about to acquit Yeshua, for they could not find even two credible witnesses that were in agreement. Thus the charges were shifted to treason against Caesar for claiming to be a king by way of admitting that he was the Anointed one, son of the Blessed, (when the Kohen Gadol adjured him by the Living Elohim and he had no choice but to answer). The penalty for being a mesith was death by stoning: they however, at that point, had no choice but to hope that Pilate would have Yeshua crucified.

You know what a minyan is, right? The criminal court of twenty three consisted of the ten elders who sat above the council of seventy, three of which were removed from their posts by Ananus ben Seth, "plucked out by the roots", (Yosef of Arimathaea, Nikodemus the archon-ruler and teacher of the people, and the kohen Eleazar-Lazaros, who was certainly known to the family of Ananus if not one of them, [possibly Eleazar ben Ananus which would go a long way toward explaining the parable of Lazaros and the rich man]). Thus there were ten elders, ten high powered lawyers, one scribe, the Ab Bet Din, (Ananus ben Seth) and the Nasiy-Prince, (Kaiaphas), that is, the criminal court of twenty three: ten horns, ten toes, one scribe, and a little horn duo with eyes like the eyes of a man, (two horns like a lamb but speaks like a dragon, a beast rising up out of the Land).

:Shimei: