ECT The Grace of God. Is it merited or unmerited?

Jamie Gigliotti

Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations; And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face. Deuteronomy 7:9-10 (KJV)

At their end if they continue in their pride until then.

God's Truth

By saying "we must repent of our sins" do you mean we should give them all up the moment we place our faith in Christ? Is that even humanly possible?

During the time of the New Testament, people could be saved immediately, for they heard the truth and God who knows our hearts would save them and gave them the Holy Spirit.

The message that saves is about Jesus dying for our sins. What does that mean for you if you do not repent of those sins? How is it you do not know all of your sins?

God still knows our hearts, but we still have to search on our own.

Solomon had to search on his own too, even though king David was his father.

Last edited:

God's Truth

GM, do not say you do not know what your sins are.

Jeremiah 8:6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, "What have I done?" Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle.

God's Truth

"But God shows His love for us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

That means the Gentiles did not have to get circumcised before Jesus would save them.

Reconciled while enemies is about the GENTILES.

Paul is explaining that Jesus did not just die for the Jews, the Jews who performed the commanded various laws and regulations. Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, even for the sins of the enemies of God. The Gentiles were the enemies.

Colossians 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.

Reconciled while enemies is about the GENTILES not having to become a Jew first and get CIRCUMCISED.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

The GENTILES WERE ENEMIES BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT CIRCUMCISED IN THE FLESH. They did not obey those commands from God.

Jesus still saved them WHILE THEY WERE UNCIRCUMCISED ENEMIES.

God's Truth

We are given the "gift of the Holy Spirit" at the moment of faith, trust, repentence, contriteness, humility. ( Acts 2:38 )
The chances that one will hear the truth and be saved immediately is not as common as it was in the New Testament times.

How many hear the truth and know that they have to admit that they are sinners and stop sinning?

Just read the scriptures and see how many times we are told to search.

Don't think that everyone is saved immediately because they say they believe.

When this happen a person experiences His love. ( Galatians 5:22 , Romans 5:5 )

The person experiences God's love when they are saved that is the Holy Spirit.

A repentant person then chooses to sow to and please the Holy Spirit and not the flesh if that person desires to continue in the love relationship that began at conversion unto eternal life. ( Galatians 6:8 )

Many seeds do not grow into maturity and are chocked off by the concerns of the world.

God loves us all. ( John 3:16 )
God loves His creation as a whole, but God does not love everyone. God loves those who love Him, and those are the ones who love Him by obeying Him.

1 John 5:3 Love for God means obedience to His commands;

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Jesus reveals himself to those who obey his teachings (John 14:21).

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

Psalm 91:14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.

1 Samuel 2:30
"Therefore the LORD, the God of Israel, declares: 'I promised that members of your family would minister before me forever.' But now the LORD declares: 'Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained.

It is only with a humble repentant person that can share in Him, His love, His presence. ( 1 John 4:7 )

Again, some people have to prove their repentance by their deeds before they are saved...they have to search for God. All have to prove their repentance by their deeds.

If you do not teach that part too, then you are hindering people from knowing God and being saved.

God's Truth

God saves us when He accepts us. See Acts 15:8.

He accepts those who fear Him and do what is right. See Acts 10:35.

He saves those who obey. See Acts 5:32.

Jamie Gigliotti

That means the Gentiles did not have to get circumcised before Jesus would save them.

Reconciled while enemies is about the GENTILES.

Paul is explaining that Jesus did not just die for the Jews, the Jews who performed the commanded various laws and regulations. Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, even for the sins of the enemies of God. The Gentiles were the enemies.

Colossians 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.

Reconciled while enemies is about the GENTILES not having to become a Jew first and get CIRCUMCISED.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

The GENTILES WERE ENEMIES BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT CIRCUMCISED IN THE FLESH. They did not obey those commands from God.

Jesus still saved them WHILE THEY WERE UNCIRCUMCISED ENEMIES.

GT have your sins and your shame been washed away by the blood of Jesus?

If the a answer is yes that is grace, that is the horse the pulls the cart, that is the love that first loves us.

Epoisses

Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations; And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face. Deuteronomy 7:9-10 (KJV)

We're not under the old covenant anymore.....and Gentiles were never under it to begin with.

God's Truth

We're not under the old covenant anymore.....and Gentiles were never under it to begin with.

Gentiles could have converted but did not so they were without God in this world, see Ephesians 2:12.

We have a new covenant, it is the old covenant with some changes, and it is written on the hearts and minds of the saved, see Hebrews 7:12, and Romans 2:15.

God's Truth

GT have your sins and your shame been washed away by the blood of Jesus?

If the a answer is yes that is grace, that is the horse the pulls the cart, that is the love that first loves us.

God doesn't even know you if you do not obey Him. Why do you want to keep going against the scriptures? Why do you think you know better than God?

You have to obey Jesus to enter that grace. Just believe what is plainly written. Repent or perish.

Jesus saves those who obey. See Acts 5:32, and John 14:23. You can never ever get around the truth.

God's Truth

There are people who do not trust what God says, and they are trusting in their own understanding, they think they know better that their imagination is more reasonable.

Cross Reference

"In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted. For thou art the glory of their strength: and in thy favour our horn shall be exalted." Psalm 89:16-17 (KJV)

"In Your name they rejoice all the day, and in Your righteousness they are exalted. For You are the glory of their strength [their proud adornment], and by Your favor our horn is exalted and we walk with uplifted faces!"
Psalm 89:16-17 (AMP)

Question: Do you believe David was just an arbitrary choosing of God? What endeared David to God?

Jamie Gigliotti

God doesn't even know you if you do not obey Him. Why do you want to keep going against the scriptures? Why do you think you know better than God?

You have to obey Jesus to enter that grace. Just believe what is plainly written. Repent or perish.

Jesus saves those who obey. See Acts 5:32, and John 14:23. You can never ever get around the truth.

Is your obedience based on the grace, mercy and forgiveness you undeservedly recieved by the precious blood of Christ? Have you cried out for mercy as a humble sinner and been moved by Him, His love, His grace, to live for Him?

Or are you seeking to establish your own righteousness in your pride?

God's Truth

Is your obedience based on the grace, mercy and forgiveness you undeservedly recieved by the precious blood of Christ?

You sound like you are repeating exactly what a preacher in error has said.

What don't you get about you do not ENTER grace until you have faith with obedience? Where do you get that it is undeservedly received?

Give the scriptures that say exactly that.

You are hindering people from being saved when you say we can obey nothing until after we are saved.

Have you cried out for mercy as a humble sinner and been moved by Him, His love, His grace, to live for Him?

Of course, I have, but that is not the only thing we have to obey. Humbling yourself---which IS OBEYING God, and which proves you wrong, since you say we cannot obey until after we are saved. You say there is nothing we can do. You just contradicted yourself.

We are to humble ourselves and repent of our sins.

Do you know how many people there are who humble themselves and have no idea about stop doing the wrong that they do? There are many who do not even know what wrong they are doing.

Or are you seeking to establish your own righteousness in your pride?

That is another one of your false teachers mantras. What you say is not in the Bible.