ECT The Grace of God. Is it merited or unmerited?

God's Truth

Yeah and what are His teachings?

Do you not know what his teachings are?

I posted some already.

Unless you humble yourself you will never enter.

Unless you forgive from the heart God will not forgive you; and, you are not blessed as a family member and friend unless you obey.

Cross Reference

Do you not know what his teachings are?

I posted some already.

Unless you humble yourself you will never enter.

Unless you forgive from the heart God will not forgive you; and, you are not blessed as a family member and friend unless you obey.
You are judging without knowledge. Speak to what I posited. AFTER OBEDIENCE WHAT?

God's Truth

I asked you what part you diesagree with? Why can't you answer?

I told you that I do not understand what you posted. I asked for you to explain it to me. I could not tell if you were putting down obeying or encouraging us to obey.

You asked what Jesus' commands are. I can hardly believe that you do not know what they are.

God's Truth

What more can be said??

REad my paper again for the first time. And don't tell you have read it because it would be a lie. . . OBEY!

I do not lie. I did read it. It was confusing. I asked you to read the scriptures I gave but you have not done so.

I have to go for now and want to discuss this with you.

I would like to discuss more with Jamie Gigliotti, also.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul was explaining that no one has to do the purification/ceremonial works anymore. That is the works that do not save. Those are the works that do not justify.

Paul is not saying we are saved by faith and obedience will null the faith.

The purification works were in force for over 1,600 years.

Those are the works Paul was saying that no longer make anyone righteous.

You sure take a lot of liberty interpreting scripture the way you see fit.

What do you think makes God more happy? Living to please Him because we think it's required or because we want to?

When we realize that we now are saved by grace by just repenting and believing, we should be so humbled and thankful that we simply want to do what was written on our hearts before we ever even believed. But we still know, that if the flesh takes over at times and we don't, we are still sealed until the day of redemption. Knowing this usually results in our guilt over what we've done and a desire to live more pleasing to Him. Not because it's required for salvation but like a good son or daughter who simply wants to please his/her father. Not because if he doesn't he'll no longer be his son, but because he simply desires to do the right thing and be a pleasing child.

Jamie Gigliotti

How is obeying the words of God doing something on our own without God? God gave us His words and means for us to obey His words.

Are you admitting now that we have to repent of our sins to be saved?

God gives the gift to those He chooses to give the gift.

You do not even enter that grace unless you have faith that is not dead.

Jesus says to obey, but you say no we are not good enough and obeying would wrong.

Don't you see how you are dishonoring the Word of God?

Jesus is the Way. Do what the Way says to get to the Father.

Why do you ignore the scriptures that plainly say obey and you will receive?

I never said we don't have to obey His command to love. I have only said that we love because He loved us first. That as we turn to Him in repentance and we are filled with Him and His love we then can love like Him. 1 John 4:16

Cross Reference

I never said we don't have to obey His command to love. I have only said that we love because He loved us first. That as we turn to Him in repentance and we are filled with Him and His love we then can love like Him. 1 John 4:16

And when we love Him He gives us the capacity to love others. That greatly what salvation is all about and how it is propagated.

God's Truth

You sure take a lot of liberty interpreting scripture the way you see fit.
I don't do that, even so, who interpreted the scriptures in which you believe, if you do not mind my asking?

What do you think makes God more happy?

It makes God happy to obey His Son.

John 16:27 No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.

John 14:21
Whoever has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me. The one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him."

John 14:23
Jesus replied, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him.

Did you see how it says we love Jesus by believing him and obeying him.

Living to please Him because we think it's required or because we want to?
Obeying is required and that should make anyone want to obey.

There is no shame whatsoever in obeying.

I want to go where the love is, and I must go where He sa
When we realize that we now are saved by grace by just repenting and believing,

That is what I have been preaching...to believe and repent of our sins.

we should be so humbled and thankful that we simply want to do what was written on our hearts before we ever even believed.

What is written on our hearts before we believe?

But we still know, that if the flesh takes over at times and we don't,

IF we sin, we have Jesus to repent to.

1 John 2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

we are still sealed until the day of redemption.

If one never stops sinning and never repents?

Romans 2:10 10but glory, honor, and peace for everyone who does good, first for the Jew, then for the Greek. 11For God does not show favoritism. 12All who sin apart from the Law will also perish apart from the Law, and all who sin under the Law will be judged by the Law.…

Acts 10:34 Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.In the future, when Christ has brought all of creation into subjection, He will present it to the Father....as it says.

Knowing this usually results in our guilt over what we've done and a desire to live more pleasing to Him. Not because it's required for salvation but like a good son or daughter who simply wants to please his/her father. Not because if he doesn't he'll no longer be his son, but because he simply desires to do the right thing and be a pleasing child.

Jesus says those who do wrong are have Satan as their father.

That should be enough to want to do right so that God will be our Father.

Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

1 John 3:8
The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.

1 John 3:10
This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God's child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

God's Truth

So then, you believe we have to repent of sins first...that is right.

God loves those who love Him by obeying.

If you need the scriptures again that say that, just ask.

God doesn't know you personally unless you obey.

God does not live with you unless you obey.

I have the scriptures and the scriptures are true.