ECT The Grace of God. Is it merited or unmerited?

God's Truth

Yes, he or she is doing this and is so stubborn and swollen with pride no sensible talk with penetrate their iron forehead.

Give the scripture which rebukes me for obeying Jesus and shames it as self righteous pride.

Prove your words with scripture now or admit you are not speaking from God.

Epoisses

Give the scripture which rebukes me for obeying Jesus and shames it as self righteous pride.

Prove your words with scripture now or admit you are not speaking from God.

The Pharisees obeyed God and ended up crucifying Christ you dumb donkey.

God's Truth

The Pharisees obeyed God and ended up crucifying Christ you dumb donkey.

Why do you say things that are not in the Bible?

You say the Pharisees obeyed God but Jesus says they did not.

Matthew 23:3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

God's Truth

Jesus says repent or perish.

I say I repent of my sins, Lord.

Jamie Gigliotti says I have self righteous pride.

Now does that sound like something from God?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 4:5 "But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness."

Galatians 2:16 "knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ.

Galatians 2:21 "...for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

Galatians 3:2 "This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

God's Truth

Romans 4:5 "But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness."

Galatians 2:16 "knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ.

Galatians 2:21 "...for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

Galatians 3:2 "This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

Paul was explaining that no one has to do the purification/ceremonial works anymore. That is the works that do not save. Those are the works that do not justify.

Paul is not saying we are saved by faith and obedience will null the faith.

The purification works were in force for over 1,600 years.

Those are the works Paul was saying that no longer make anyone righteous.

Jamie Gigliotti

You sound like you are repeating exactly what a preacher in error has said.

What don't you get about you do not ENTER grace until you have faith with obedience? Where do you get that it is undeservedly received?

Give the scriptures that say exactly that.

You are hindering people from being saved when you say we can obey nothing until after we are saved.

Of course, I have, but that is not the only thing we have to obey. Humbling yourself---which IS OBEYING God, and which proves you wrong, since you say we cannot obey until after we are saved. You say there is nothing we can do. You just contradicted yourself.

We are to humble ourselves and repent of our sins.

Do you know how many people there are who humble themselves and have no idea about stop doing the wrong that they do? There are many who do not even know what wrong they are doing.

That is another one of your false teachers mantras. What you say is not in the Bible.

You preach that we put to death the misdeeds of the body on our own and then we earn the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is a gift by faith at conversion(initial repentance). Acts 2:38

Gifts are not earned. Christ poured out His blood because of His love and mercy, not because of our merrit.
The Holy Spirit is inside of us only because of His blood. We could never be good enough to earn Him.

We then put to death the misdeeds of the flesh by the Spirit (a continued life of repentance) and our submission to Him. This brings Eternal life. Romans 8:13 ; Romans 6:22 ; Galatians 6:8

God's Truth

You preach that we put to death the misdeeds of the body on our own and then we earn the Holy Spirit.

How is obeying the words of God doing something on our own without God? God gave us His words and means for us to obey His words.

The Holy Spirit is a gift by faith at conversion(initial repentance). Acts 2:38

Are you admitting now that we have to repent of our sins to be saved?

Gifts are not earned.

God gives the gift to those He chooses to give the gift.

Christ poured out His blood because of His love and mercy, not because of our merrit.

You do not even enter that grace unless you have faith that is not dead.

The Holy Spirit is inside of us only because of His blood. We could never be good enough to earn Him.
Jesus says to obey, but you say no we are not good enough and obeying would wrong.

Don't you see how you are dishonoring the Word of God?

Jesus is the Way. Do what the Way says to get to the Father.

We then put to death the misdeeds of the flesh by the Spirit (a continued life of repentance) and our submission to Him. This brings Eternal life. Romans 8:13 ; Romans 6:22 ; Galatians 6:8

Why do you ignore the scriptures that plainly say obey and you will receive?

God's Truth

Jesus says unless you humble yourself you will NEVER ENTER.

If you do what Jesus says and humble yourself to be saved--- that is obeying.

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus says that unless you forgive, God will not forgive you.

Matthew 6:15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

We are not blessed as Jesus' family and friend unless we obey him.

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

God's Truth

So tell me, how do you think you are given the Holy Spirit to live inside your heart---TO MAKE HIS HOME WITH YOU---if you do not do what Jesus says?

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Cross Reference

How is obeying the words of God doing something on our own without God? God gave us His words and means for us to obey His words.

READ THIS:

After obedience—what?

"And straightway He constrained His disciples to get into the ship, and to go to the other side".… Mark 6:45–52.

We are apt to imagine that if Jesus Christ constrains us, and we obey Him, He will lead us to great success. We must never put our dreams of success as God’s purpose for us; His purpose may be exactly the opposite. We have an idea that God is leading us to a particular end, a desired goal; He is not. The question of getting to a particular end is a mere incident. What we call the process, God calls the end.

What is my dream of God’s purpose? His purpose is that I depend on Him and on His power now. If I can stay in the middle of the turmoil calm and unperplexed, that is the end of the purpose of God. God is not working towards a particular finish; His end is the process—that I see Him walking on the waves, no shore in sight, no success, no goal, just the absolute certainty that it is all right because I see Him walking on the sea. It is the process, not the end, which is glorifying to God.

God’s training is for now, not presently. His purpose is for this minute, not for something in the future. We have nothing to do with the afterwards of obedience; we get wrong when we think of the afterwards. What men call training and preparation, God calls the end.

God’s end is to enable me to see that He can walk on the chaos of my life just now. If we have a further end in view, we do not pay sufficient attention to the immediate present; but if we realize that obedience is the end, then each moment as it comes is precious.

God's Truth

READ THIS:

July 28

After obedience—what?

"And straightway He constrained His disciples to get into the ship, and to go to the other side".… Mark 6:45–52.

We are apt to imagine that if Jesus Christ constrains us, and we obey Him, He will lead us to great success. We must never put our dreams of success as God’s purpose for us; His purpose may be exactly the opposite. We have an idea that God is leading us to a particular end, a desired goal; He is not. The question of getting to a particular end is a mere incident. What we call the process, God calls the end.

What is my dream of God’s purpose? His purpose is that I depend on Him and on His power now. If I can stay in the middle of the turmoil calm and unperplexed, that is the end of the purpose of God. God is not working towards a particular finish; His end is the process—that I see Him walking on the waves, no shore in sight, no success, no goal, just the absolute certainty that it is all right because I see Him walking on the sea. It is the process, not the end, which is glorifying to God.

God’s training is for now, not presently. His purpose is for this minute, not for something in the future. We have nothing to do with the afterwards of obedience; we get wrong when we think of the afterwards. What men call training and preparation, God calls the end.

God’s end is to enable me to see that He can walk on the chaos of my life just now. If we have a further end in view, we do not pay sufficient attention to the immediate present; but if we realize that obedience is the end, then each moment as it comes is precious.

I am not sure I recognize what you wrote as being from the Bible...not quite sure if you are putting down obeying or not.

Please clarify for further discussion on this.

In addition, could you respond to the scriptures and explanations I gave about obeying?

God's Truth

The gospel is SENT to those who fear God and do what is right.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Cross Reference

So tell me, how do you think you are given the Holy Spirit to live inside your heart---TO MAKE HIS HOME WITH YOU---if you do not do what Jesus says?

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Yeah and what are His teachings?

Cross Reference

I am not sure I recognize what you wrote as being from the Bible...not quite sure if you are putting down obeying or not.

Please clarify for further discussion on this.

In addition, could you respond to the scriptures and explanations I gave about obeying?

It is from reading and understanding the Bible. What part do you disagree with?

Cross Reference

After obedience God makes His home with us...that is when we receive the Holy Spirit.

After we receive the Holy Spirit we are to continue to obey, for that is how we live through the Spirit and how the Spirit lives through us.

Obey what? What command of God are you alluding to we disobey?