ECT The Gospel Preached at Pentecost

Right Divider

Body part
That is an honest statement, but it does not answer the question of correctness. The kingdom of God/Christ came and continues on. (There aren't 2 of those). It won't be a Judaistic monarchy. God will be the light and Christ the temple. It will not even be the kind of physical structure as we now know it. In summary, you don't read the OT the way the NT does. There is no place in the NT where you would come to the same conclusions.
I read the NT just fine. I don't read the NT fairy story that you believe.

Jerry Shugart

“As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.”
??John? ?3:14-15? ?NASB??

Those are the words of John written several years after Paul had written his epistes.

Jerry Shugart

So I guess it's not what Jesus said then?

Let us look at the verse in its context, paying particular attention to the verse in "bold":

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up" (Jn.3:13-14).​

Do you think that the Lord Jesus was on the earth speaking to Nicodemus and telling him that He is now in heaven?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Let us look at the verse in its context, paying particular attention to the verse in "bold":

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up" (Jn.3:13-14).​

Do you think that the Lord Jesus was on the earth speaking to Nicodemus and telling him that He is now in heaven?

Oh, I see where you went wrong. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
You didn't answer my question:

King Jimmy made a translation error. Jesus said from not in. All of the later translations have corrected his error. Nice try bud

Interplanner

King Jimmy made a translation error. Jesus said from not in. All of the later translations have corrected his error. Nice try bud

In is OK as long as it is treated as a statement of status. He was not less than God while walking about as Jesus. He was enthroned as the incarnate God in the resurrection, but was never less than God, as the song in Phil 2 about all this says.

SaulToPaul 2

In is OK as long as it is treated as a statement of status. He was not less than God while walking about as Jesus. He was enthroned as the incarnate God in the resurrection, but was never less than God, as the song in Phil 2 about all this says.

IP > Team of KJB translators

That's rich.

God's Truth

On the day of Pentecost those who believed Peter's message were being saved. That means that Peter did preach a gospel that day and that gospel was not the "gospel of grace." We can know this because before anyone can be baptized with water they must first believe (Acts 8:36-37) and here we read that those who gladly received Peter's words were baptized:

"Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls" (Acts 2:41).​

We have an uninterrupted sermon preached by Peter on the day of Pentecost beginning at Acts 2:14 and ending at Acts 2:36. In that sermon there is not a word about God's "grace" and there is not a word about the purpose of the Lord Jesus' death on the Cross. Peter used facts of the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus to prove the deity of Jesus and the fact that he is the promised Messiah. Peter ended his sermon with the following words:

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ"
(Acts 2:36).​

Dr. Stanley D. Toussaint, Senior Professor Emeritus of Bible Exposition at Dallas Theological Seminary (Acts 2), writes the following commentary on Acts 2:36:

"Here is the conclusion to Peter's sermon. The noun 'Lord', referring to 'Christ', probably is a reference to Yahweh. The same word 'kyrios' is used of 'God' in verses 21, 34, and 39 (cf. Phil. 2:9). This is a strong affirmation of Christ's deity"
(The Bible Knowledge Commentary; New Testament, ed. Walvoord & Zuck, [ChariotVictor Publishing, 1983], 359).​

The Jews who believed that Jesus is Christ, God come in the flesh, were "born of God". Dr. Zane Hodges, past Chairman of of the New Testament Department at Dallas Theological Seminary, writes the following in regard to Peter's words:

"Peter concludes his address with the assertion that 'God has made this Jesus, whom you have crucified, both Lord and Christ' (2:36). His hearers then reply, 'Men and brethren, what shall we do?' (2:37). But such a reaction presumes their acceptance of Peter's claim that they have crucified the one who is Lord and Christ. If this is what they now believe, then they were already regenerated on Johannine terms, since John wrote: 'Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God' (1 John 5:1; cf. John 20:31)" [emphasis added] (Hodges, The Gospel Under Siege, 101).​

Here are the verses to which Hodges makes reference: "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God...Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1,5).

On the day of Pentecost those who believed the "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, were "born of God" and saved. This "good news" is the same good news which was first preached to the Jews:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek"
(Ro.1:16).​

The "good news" of Christ which was preached to the Jews first was different "good news" which was later preached to the Gentiles.

The gospel, the good news is forgiveness of sins through Jesus.

Jesus taught it, as did all his apostles and disciples, including Paul.

That is the one and only good news gospel for all.

Right Divider

Body part
The gospel, the good news is forgiveness of sins through Jesus.

Jesus taught it, as did all his apostles and disciples, including Paul.

That is the one and only good news gospel for all.
You're just another one, proving to us all, your immense ignorance.

According to you, there is only one "good news good news".

Save up your money and buy yourself a clue.

God's Truth

You're just another one, proving to us all, your immense ignorance.

According to you, there is only one "good news good news".

Save up your money and buy yourself a clue.

There is only one good news gospel, and it is Jesus Christ.

Jesus' pure, beautiful, powerful, life giving, Spirit giving words are the good news gospel.