ECT The Gospel Preached at Pentecost

Interplanner

There are many good news' in the Bible.

You are a simpleton that refuses to understand plain and simple language in the Word of God.

The simpletons here don't understand coalescence and fulfillment and accumulative meaning. When Jesus quotes Is 61 about the Gospel it is because the Isaianic vision was that there would be one single one in that day, the day of salvation, the time of grace that has come.

God's Truth

You are a simpleton that refuses to understand plain and simple language in the Word of God.

What you say makes no sense...a simpleton understands what is simple. God's word is simple for the simple. God hid His Truth from the wise and learned and revealed it to little children.

At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

Jerry Shugart

AMEN!

They refuse to believe that two different instances of "good news" concerning the Lord Jesus was preached during the Acts period because they put more faith what some men say about the Scriptures than they do in what the Scriptures actually say.

The "good news" which was preached to the Jews concerned the identity of Jesus, that He is the Christ, the Son of God. The Jews who refused to believe who He was did not have their sins forgiven, as witnessed by the Lord's own words here:

"Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins" (Jn.8:23-24).​

Those who believed His true identity were given life when they were born of God:

"And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:30-31).​

" Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God...For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1,4-5).​

On the other hand, the heart and soul of the "good news" concerning the Lord Jesus which was preached to the Gentiles is His finished work on the Cross, that He died for our sins. Instead of having faith in the identity of the Lord Jesus the Gentiles are to have faith in His blood:

"Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God" (Ro.3:24-25).​

Paul called this "good news" the preaching of the Cross and the "word of reconciliation," that He "hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" (2 Cor.5:21).

Anyone with the least bit of spiritual discernment can understand the the "good news" of Christ that was preached to the Jews is not the same "good news" of Christ which was preached to the Gentiles.

However, those who put more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures than they do in what the Scriptures actually say cannot grasp the simple fact that things which are different cannot be the same.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
The simpletons here don't understand coalescence and fulfillment and accumulative meaning. When Jesus quotes Is 61 about the Gospel it is because the Isaianic vision was that there would be one single one in that day, the day of salvation, the time of grace that has come.
More silliness from our resident DingleBerry.

Your vain philosophy has gotten you WAY off track.

Right Divider

Body part
What you say makes no sense...a simpleton understands what is simple. God's word is simple for the simple. God hid His Truth from the wise and learned and revealed it to little children.

At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.
You do not know the LORD and yet you love to quote His Word.

I hope that you put your trust in the LORD some day.

God's Truth

More silliness from our resident DingleBerry.

Your vain philosophy has gotten you WAY off track.

Jesus CAME with grace.

There is no grace outside of Jesus.

Paul is not the one who came with grace.

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

God's Truth

You do not know the LORD and yet you love to quote His Word.

I hope that you put your trust in the LORD some day.

I obey him and therefore I know Him because He says so.

1 John 2:4 Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God; and 2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

God loves those who love Him. God doesn't even know you personally if you do not obey.

1 John 5:3 Love for God means obedience to His commands;

We do not love God if we do not obey Him, and we do not know God if we do not obey Him.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus CAME with grace.

There is no grace outside of Jesus.

Paul is not the one who came with grace.

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Gen 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

There is a difference between GOD demonstrating His grace to man at different points along the way, and 'the dispensation of grace' which Christ dispensed through His steward the Apostle Paul.

God's Truth

Gen 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

There is a difference between GOD demonstrating His grace to man at different points along the way, and 'the dispensation of grace' which Christ dispensed through His steward the Apostle Paul.

Jesus came with grace. That is scripture and it is truth.

The good news was taught by Jesus and preached as Jesus commanded his disciples to teach.