The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Someone who wants to have an actual discussion, and not have my intelligence insulted.

No, Dave, I don't wonder why.

*Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction is stupid. - Proverbs 12:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs12:1&version=NKJV

*He who is slow to wrath has great understanding, But he who is impulsive exalts folly. - Proverbs 14:29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs14:29&version=NKJV

This is a debate, and you are not the headmaster of this thread, you idiot.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
This is a debate, and you are not the headmaster of this thread, you idiot.

--Dave
If this is a debate, then why do you insist on insulting people trying to discuss with you?

Insults aren't very scientific.

musterion

As I have said before, this debate is both arguments for and against flat earth. I am taking the side of flat earth, the rest of you are arguing for globe earth.

I have been studying flat earth for a while and found some good arguments for it and some flaws in the globe model.

The purpose of this thread is to present flat earth with the visual/video evidence that is making it popular again today.

Many object to the videos, which surprises me because it's what's driving this. Physics is supposed to be an empirically based science and visual evidence is important to verify theories about the nature and shape of our universe.

Anyway the whole subject of the history of cosmology and all related physics and astronomy are challenged here, nothing is taken for granted including the theory of gravity.

--Dave

Fine. So tell the truth.

Which position do you lean toward? Globe or Flat?

Asking because you've said before you're just playing Devil's advocate for the Flat side, but you seem more invested in it than that.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

NASA is the conspiracy agency about space, astronomy and moon landings. There are many contradictions and CGI videos that have undermined their credibility through the years.

Videos with fish eye lenses that show a curved earth are contradicted by many video that show a flat earth with straight, not curved horizon from high altitude.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If this is a debate, then why do you insist on insulting people trying to discuss with you?

Insults aren't very scientific.

I insult only you because I've had enough of your stupid comments.

You constantly miss the main point of this thread, and don't ask me what it is because I've explained it enough times for you to see it.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Fine. So tell the truth.

Which position do you lean toward? Globe or Flat?

Asking because you've said before you're just playing Devil's advocate for the Flat side, but you seem more invested in it than that.

I'm invested in a literal view of the Bible, cosmology is incorporated into Genesis along with the creation of man/biology.

The ancient view is flat earth and it was that for a long time until the Greek philosophers changed everything including a view of the nature of God which I have always opposed with open view.

A stationary earth centered globe replaced flat earth for a very long time before Copernicus resurrected the sun centered universe of the Pythagorean school that lost out to Aristotle's earth centered model.

The obvious, to me and many others, faked moon landings, and the powerful Nikon P900 zoom camera are challenging the curved earth and the nature of the sun, moon, and stars. We are seeing things that contradict what we have been told by so called experts and NASA.

I want to see this subject from all sides, compare the evidence and see how it turns out. I want to find out who is and is not telling the truth. My life long globe view is being challenged so I want to see if it can handle it. If my life long view is wrong, then I will change it. It's obvious that I open to changing to flat earth in the same way I was open to changing to the open view of God years ago.

--Dave

musterion

I'm invested in a literal view of the Bible, cosmology is incorporated into Genesis along with the creation of man/biology.

The ancient view is flat earth and it was that for a long time until the Greek philosophers changed everything including a view of the nature of God which I have always opposed with open view.

A stationary earth centered globe replaced flat earth for a very long time before Copernicus resurrected the sun centered universe of the Pythagorean school that lost out to Aristotle's earth centered model.

The obvious, to me and many others, faked moon landings, and the powerful Nikon P900 zoom camera are challenging the curved earth and the nature of the sun, moon, and stars. We are seeing things that contradict what we have been told by so called experts and NASA.

I want to see this subject from all sides, compare the evidence and see how it turns out. I want to find out who is and is not telling the truth. My life long globe view is being challenged so I want to see if it can handle it. If my life long view is wrong, then I will change it. It's obvious that I open to changing to flat earth in the same way I was open to changing to the open view of God years ago.

--Dave

That's saying you're not quite convinced, but man you sure come across as if you already are. And to tell the truth -- you don't respond squarely to a lot of the objections you get here. That also makes people think your mind is already made up. In which case it seems you're just screwing around with them and that ticks them off.

If your mind is honestly made up, as it appears, probably no one here will begrudge you that. You're a grown man, it's your call. But just say so.

Two cents, probably not even worth that.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's saying you're not quite convinced, but man you sure come across as if you already are. And to tell the truth -- you don't respond squarely to a lot of the objections you get here. That also makes people think your mind is already made up. In which case it seems you're just screwing around with them and that ticks them off.

If your mind is honestly made up, as it appears, probably no one here will begrudge you that. You're a grown man, it's your call. But just say so.

Two cents, probably not even worth that.

The "no response" response has often been, I don't know how to answer that question so let me look into it and see what a flat earth answer is.

I don't know all the answers on this subject so I take the time to study it more.

I have also posted video that is a direct response to many questions only to have some say they don't want to view a video. But much of the evidence is visual, and I try to pick out short ones, so I consider this a cope out. I like watching video presentations from both sides.

Many have their minds all made up on this issue and flat earth is not winning many converts. But flat earth is a historic cosmology that is much revived today so that in itself has my interest and I am very much opposed to the evolution of the cosmos and relativity.

Thanks for post.

--Dave

musterion

The "no response" response has often been, I don't know how to answer that question so let me look into it and see what a flat earth answer is.

I don't know all the answers on this subject so I take the time to study it more.

I have also posted video that is a direct response to many questions only to have some say they don't want to view a video. But much of the evidence is visual, and I try to pick out short ones, so I consider this a cope out. I like watching video presentations from both sides.

Many have their minds all made up on this issue and flat earth is not winning many converts. But flat earth is a historic cosmology that is much revived today so that in itself has my interest and I am very much opposed to the evolution of the cosmos and relativity.

Thanks for post.

--Dave

Well, like I've said before...eclipses, moon phases and orbits just won't work apart from the heliocentric global model. Feel free to disagree with that.

WizardofOz

WizardofOz said:
If a ship leave Mexico and sails South to reach India - what would happen? Where would the ship end up?

Antarctica.

--Dave

You're avoiding the problem. Let's say they sail past Antarctica. Or :idea: let's say it's an airplane and they fly south from Mexico, right over Antarctica, in the hopes of reaching India. Where do they end up?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I insult only you because I've had enough of your stupid comments.

You constantly miss the main point of this thread, and don't ask me what it is because I've explained it enough times for you to see it.

--Dave

I think you're letting your emotions get the better of you. Keep your insults without good reason to yourself. This is not a forum for insulting people, it is a forum for discussion.

I understand that being offensive is allowed on this forum, even name calling. But it's usually accompanied by a good reason, stated or unstated. You not liking what I post is not a good enough reason to call me an idiot. Find a better reason, or stop calling me an idiot.

We can have this discussion on the topic of the flat earth, Dave, and we can do it politely. Or we can do it the rude way, where nothing important ever gets said or noticed because the thread is filled with insults, and that usually leads nowhere good. So take your pick here and now, Dave.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think you're letting your emotions get the better of you. Keep your insults without good reason to yourself. This is not a forum for insulting people, it is a forum for discussion.

I understand that being offensive is allowed on this forum, even name calling. But it's usually accompanied by a good reason, stated or unstated. You not liking what I post is not a good enough reason to call me an idiot. Find a better reason, or stop calling me an idiot.

We can have this discussion on the topic of the flat earth, Dave, and we can do it politely. Or we can do it the rude way, where nothing important ever gets said or noticed because the thread is filled with insults, and that usually leads nowhere good. So take your pick here and now, Dave.

Or you could just leave and start your own thread.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The moon phases are not consistent with globe model.

There are many examples of visual evidence that show the moon is not reflecting the light from the sun. The angle of reflection is wrong if the sun is the source of the moons light.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The moon phases are not consistent with globe model.

There are many examples of visual evidence that show the moon is not reflecting the light from the sun. The angle of reflection is wrong if the sun is the source of the moons light.

--Dave
That is a very poor video, and not a very convincing one either, for the reason that he doesn't trace a line from the sun to the moon with the camera, first he pans left then pans up...

[MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION], do you think you could stitch together a panorama using the frames from that video? So we can get an idea of where the moon is in the sky in relation to the sun in that video? Perhaps put it in a 360 degree photo? Then draw the shortest line possible from the moon to the sun and see how it lines up?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is a very poor video, and not a very convincing one either, for the reason that he doesn't trace a line from the sun to the moon with the camera, first he pans left then pans up...

[MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION], do you think you could stitch together a panorama using the frames from that video? So we can get an idea of where the moon is in the sky in relation to the sun in that video? Perhaps put it in a 360 degree photo? Then draw the shortest line possible from the moon to the sun and see how it lines up?

Watch the whole video, it speaks for itself.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Flat Earth: Sun and waxing gibbous moon both above the horizon in the sky at the same time.

This would not be possible on a globe earth.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.