The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardofOz

View attachment 25537

Flat earth shipping lanes.

--Dave

If a ship leave Mexico and sails South to reach India - what would happen? Where would the ship end up?

Spoiler
the-thirteenth-floor-51fe648a77b5d.jpg

The Berean

I'm still trying to get an answer to the question of how the literally hundreds of geosynchronous satellites which are all designed on the premise of a global Earth function for a flat Earth? :think:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm still trying to get an answer to the question of how the literally hundreds of geosynchronous satellites which are all designed on the premise of a global Earth function for a flat Earth? :think:
I'll include it in my list of things that Dave refused to answer, couldn't answer, and ignored.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Any thing that can fly and circle a globe can also circle the flat earth.

--Dave

musterion

--Dave

The experts can correct me on this...

An object in a stable orbit about the globe is constantly falling toward the surface at the same rate the curved surface falls away from the object. So instead of the momentum of its straight line trajectory carrying it off into space, the pull of gravity makes the object continue to fall in accordance with the curve of the globe. I do believe that's the basic idea of how satellites stay in orbital free-fall.

That could not work on a flat plane. There'd be no curved surface to constantly fall away from the object. As soon as something were shot into space over the flat plane, gravity would rapidly bring it back down.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

--Dave
So then how do they turn, constantly, and stay above the earth? I'm pretty sure the materials they're made out of are much heavier than air, and they don't have wings, nor big enough engines, let alone the huge amounts of fuel required, to keep them above the earth directly above one single point on the earth. Your idea of them violates Newton's first law of motion:

"In an*inertial reference frame, an object either remains at rest or continues to move at a constant*velocity, unless acted upon by a*force."

So Dave, your statement that "anything that can ... circle a globe can also circle the flat earth"? Dave, what is the difference between physics and magic? Well, geo-sync sattelites are based on and operate on the properties of physics, and you try to pass it off as magic by saying they orbit in a circle above a flat plane.

Dave, what force keeps the satellites moving in a circle above a flat earth? Oh, and why do satellites that are supposed to be WAY above the surface of the earth not go behind the sun and moon? Are the satellites farther away from the earth than the sun and moon? or are they closer?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

An object in a stable orbit about the globe is constantly falling toward the surface at the same rate the curved surface falls away from the object. So instead of the momentum of its straight line trajectory carrying it off into space, the pull of gravity makes the object continue to fall in accordance with the curve of the globe. I do believe that's the basic idea of how satellites stay in orbital free-fall.

That could not work on a flat plane. There'd be no curved surface to constantly fall away from the object. As soon as something were shot into space over the flat plane, gravity would rapidly bring it back down.
Dave doesn't believe in gravity. Keep that in mind.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
"EARTHSHINE": Global Proof???

--Dave
Dave, respond to my post before moving on please.
So then how do they turn, constantly, and stay above the earth? I'm pretty sure the materials they're made out of are much heavier than air, and they don't have wings, nor big enough engines, let alone the huge amounts of fuel required, to keep them above the earth directly above one single point on the earth. Your idea of them violates Newton's first law of motion:

"In an*inertial reference frame, an object either remains at rest or continues to move at a constant*velocity, unless acted upon by a*force."

So Dave, your statement that "anything that can ... circle a globe can also circle the flat earth"? Dave, what is the difference between physics and magic? Well, geo-sync sattelites are based on and operate on the properties of physics, and you try to pass it off as magic by saying they orbit in a circle above a flat plane.

Dave, what force keeps the satellites moving in a circle above a flat earth? Oh, and why do satellites that are supposed to be WAY above the surface of the earth not go behind the sun and moon? Are the satellites farther away from the earth than the sun and moon? or are they closer?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The GREAT FLOOD on the FLAT EARTH

--Dave
Dave, Stop posting videos and reply to what's been said.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

"If" the earth is flat then there are no satellites circling it.

There is the belief that all "signals" are bounced off the "Ionosphere".

On flat earth that would be the dome over it.

View attachment 25538

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Who are you to tell me, or anyone else, what to or what not to post.

Someone who wants to have an actual discussion, and not have my intelligence insulted.

And you wonder why I call you an idiot.

--Dave

No, Dave, I don't wonder why.

*Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction is stupid. - Proverbs 12:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs12:1&version=NKJV

*He who is slow to wrath has great understanding, But he who is impulsive exalts folly. - Proverbs 14:29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs14:29&version=NKJV

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"If" ?

Either it is or it isn't.

Which is it?

As I have said before, this debate is both arguments for and against flat earth. I am taking the side of flat earth, the rest of you are arguing for globe earth.

I have been studying flat earth for a while and found some good arguments for it and some flaws in the globe model.

The purpose of this thread is to present flat earth with the visual/video evidence that is making it popular again today.

Many object to the videos, which surprises me because it's what's driving this. Physics is supposed to be an empirically based science and visual evidence is important to verify theories about the nature and shape of our universe.

Anyway the whole subject of the history of cosmology and all related physics and astronomy are challenged here, nothing is taken for granted including the theory of gravity.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.