Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

According to this video the other side of the moon does not exist.

It would be impossible to see the sky where the other half should be if it did exist.

--Dave
Dave, if you were to look at a picture of a half moon and a picture of a full moon, and compare the two, you would be able to see that the moon hasn't "disappeared" or that half the moon is missing, it's just partially in shadow...

f2034179e6a3c87d5b2d03f6c24f8818.jpg

ab8ea57da3a6f3f7b7c2b56ddd72a1ae.jpg

Notice the circular Mare in the top right of each image. It's the same one in both. The one next to it to it's left is the same one in each image.

As for the reason why in the video it looks like part of the moon isn't there?

Well, like I said, that's because it's in shadow, not to mention that when you have a dimmer object in the background, but a brighter object in the foreground, it's almost always extremely difficult to see what's behind the brighter object. The brighter object in that video is the atmosphere, which is refracting blue light (just Google "why is the sky blue"). The amount of light being refracted is greater than any light being reflected on the dark side of the moon, but is not greater than the amount of light being refracted on the side of the moon facing the sun.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There is not way the sky can be seen through half of the day time moon if the moon exists as a solid sphere.

View attachment 25534

View attachment 25535

View attachment 25536

--Dave
That's because the moon is not inside the atmosphere. It's about 238,900 miles away, whereas the "edge" of the earth's atmosphere is about 62 miles above the surface of the earth (also known as the Kármán line).

You've basically got it backwards, the sky isn't seen through the moon, the moon is seen through the sky.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, if you were to look at a picture of a half moon and a picture of a full moon, and compare the two, you would be able to see that the moon hasn't "disappeared" or that half the moon is missing, it's just partially in shadow...

f2034179e6a3c87d5b2d03f6c24f8818.jpg

ab8ea57da3a6f3f7b7c2b56ddd72a1ae.jpg

Notice the circular Mare in the top right of each image. It's the same one in both. The one next to it to it's left is the same one in each image.

As for the reason why in the video it looks like part of the moon isn't there?

Well, like I said, that's because it's in shadow, not to mention that when you have a dimmer object in the background, but a brighter object in the foreground, it's almost always extremely difficult to see what's behind the brighter object. The brighter object in that video is the atmosphere, which is refracting blue light (just Google "why is the sky blue"). The amount of light being refracted is greater than any light being reflected on the dark side of the moon, but is not greater than the amount of light being refracted on the side of the moon facing the sun.

The pictures show the sky where there should be no sky. The sky should be blocked by the side of the moon that we don't see in some way if the moon is a "solid sphere", during the "day time".

If the moon is way out in deep "black space" then why is it visible at all during the day time? And why is there a blue tint in the part we can see? The moon in deep "black" space cannot reflect the blue sky.

The refraction "ploy" seems to be the go to when facts don't add up for globe earth. The dark side of the moon should be darker than the blue sky. There is no bases for refraction.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's because the moon is not inside the atmosphere. It's about 238,900 miles away, whereas the "edge" of the earth's atmosphere is about 62 miles above the surface of the earth (also known as the Kármán line).

You've basically got it backwards, the sky isn't seen through the moon, the moon is seen through the sky.

"Blue" is seen through the moon which means it's in the atmosphere not in deep "black" space.

If we see "blue" sky and nothing else it means there is nothing there, idiot.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
"Blue" is seen through the moon which means it's in the atmosphere not in deep "black" space.

Dave, I just told you why the dark side of the moon (which is still there, it's not missing) looks blue. Please read it.

If we see "blue" sky and nothing else it means there is nothing there,

Dave, I guarantee that if you were to take a telescope and look at the moon closely, you might be able to see the sillouette of the rest of the moon during any of the phases (except a full moon), right where it should be.

idiot.

--Dave

There's no reason to insult me Dave. I'm doing my best to explain how the world works in a clear and concise manner. You keep going on about how we shouldn't attack the person, just the argument, so please, practice what you preach.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The pictures show the sky where there should be no sky. The sky should be blocked by the side of the moon that we don't see in some way if the moon is a "solid sphere", during the "day time".

If the moon is way out in deep "black space" then why is it visible at all during the day time? And why is there a blue tint in the part we can see? The moon in deep "black" space cannot reflect the blue sky.

The refraction "ploy" seems to be the go to when facts don't add up for globe earth. The dark side of the moon should be darker than the blue sky. There is no bases for refraction.

--Dave

I explained why the moon is visible during the daytime, Dave, if you would actually pay attention to what I write.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dude... totally fake. Don't you know that Redbull USA is just another propaganda arm of NASA???

Flat horizons that rise up even at high elevations is not what we would see if the earth were curved. If curved the horizon would fall away the higher we go. The fish eye lens is clearly used in Red Bull video.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, I just told you why the dark side of the moon (which is still there, it's not missing) looks blue. Please read it.

Dave, I guarantee that if you were to take a telescope and look at the moon closely, you might be able to see the sillouette of the rest of the moon during any of the phases (except a full moon), right where it should be.

There's no reason to insult me Dave. I'm doing my best to explain how the world works in a clear and concise manner. You keep going on about how we shouldn't attack the person, just the argument, so please, practice what you preach.

The day time half moon tells us about the shape of the moon. It's not a solid sphere in deep "black" outer space.

View attachment 25534

--Dave

WizardofOz

I'm sure I've missed this one already being asked. Where is the edge of the flat earth? Is it possible to fly east or west in a straight line until you reach your takeoff spot again?

How are these shipping routes possible? Yet, ships sail these routes everyday...
world-shipping-routes-map-29032068.jpg

Conspiracy?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, That's a really lousy argument, and you know it, especially considering what I said earlier about why only part of the moon is visible, while the rest is not.

The argument is drawn from empirical, visible, evidence. The photos and videos are self explanatory.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm sure I've missed this one already being asked. Where is the edge of the flat earth? Is it possible to fly east or west in a straight line until you reach your takeoff spot again?

How are these shipping routes possible? Yet, ships sail these routes everyday...
world-shipping-routes-map-29032068.jpg

Conspiracy?

View attachment 25537

Flat earth shipping lanes.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The argument is drawn from empirical, visible, evidence. The photos and videos are self explanatory.

--Dave

And I'm telling you that you're misinterpreting the data. Dave, consider what I said again.

The dark side of the moon is too dark to be seen through the atmosphere. But the light side is brighter than the atmosphere, so it's visible through the atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.