The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
High powered cameras are showing us there is no curve.

We see flat straight horizons from the ground and the sky.

Indeed!

facebook-image.jpg

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why does only the side of the moon facing the sun light up?

I think that you are simply interpreting Genesis 1 with a poor bias.

The moon is not its own light.

It's a literal translation of Genesis to say the moon "is" a light.

Genesis also says the sun "is" a light and the stars are lights.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I think that you are simply interpreting Genesis 1 with a poor bias.

The moon is not its own light.

The phases of the moon are not consistent with the sun rays hitting it and reflecting off it. The ancient world knew that and is why they never proposed a earth to be a globe based on it.

--Dave

chair

The phases of the moon are not consistent with the sun rays hitting it and reflecting off it. The ancient world knew that and is why they never proposed a earth to be a globe based on it.

--Dave

Dave- please explain this. In your own words, not a video.

Thank you.

Right Divider

Body part
It's a literal translation of Genesis to say the moon "is" a light.

Genesis also says the sun "is" a light and the stars are lights.

--Dave
The Bible also literally says that Jesus is the door. Do you think that He is made of wood?

The moon is a REFLECTIVE light.

Your understanding of the literal meaning is skewed.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
NASA photoshop. Fish eye lenses also create an artificial curve as well.

--Dave
Dave if fisheye lenses were used to photograph a flat earth, every time the camera was above the horizon the earth would bend in a convex shape (opposite of when under the horizon line). Yet that never happens. Why not Dave?

I have created a photo for you to show you what a flat earth would look like from a fisheye lens when the camera was above the horizon line.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Dave if fisheye lenses were used to photograph a flat earth, every time the camera was above the horizon the earth would bend in a convex shape (opposite of when under the horizon line). Yet that never happens. Why not Dave?

I have created a photo for you to show you what a flat earth would look like from a fisheye lens when the camera was above the horizon line.
Dave posted a video several pages back from a balloon flight that used a GoPro camera to shoot footage of it's flight. I asked him about this very thing, how if it being a fisheye lens would distort the image, that if the camera were swinging evenly, then the every time the center of the video moves above the horizon, then half the time the horizon would be curved up, and half the time the horizon would be curved down. Yet in the video this is not what we see. We see that even though the camera swings up and down evenly, as it should, the horizon hardly ever curves up, but quite often, and drastically so, the horizon curves down, and even when it curves up, it's hardly noticable.

Guess what? Unless I missed it, I still have yet to receive a reply to that comment, and unless Dave decides to answer it here, I will be including it in my list of posts that Dave did not answer or refused to answer or could not answer to satisfaction.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave posted a video several pages back from a balloon flight that used a GoPro camera to shoot footage of it's flight. I asked him about this very thing, how if it being a fisheye lens would distort the image, that if the camera were swinging evenly, then the every time the center of the video moves above the horizon, then half the time the horizon would be curved up, and half the time the horizon would be curved down. Yet in the video this is not what we see. We see that even though the camera swings up and down evenly, as it should, the horizon hardly ever curves up, but quite often, and drastically so, the horizon curves down, and even when it curves up, it's hardly noticable.

Guess what? Unless I missed it, I still have yet to receive a reply to that comment, and unless Dave decides to answer it here, I will be including it in my list of posts that Dave did not answer or refused to answer or could not answer to satisfaction.
If it's the same video I am thinking of I believe that video was altered to make it look as if the earth was flat. I see distortions in that video that make me highly suspect that it's been digitally altered.

But even still... you are right... if it were truly a fisheye lens to blame we would often see a convex earth (if the earth were indeed flat).

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If it's the same video I am thinking of I believe that video was altered to make it look as if the earth was flat. I see distortions in that video that make me highly suspect that it's been digitally altered.

But even still... you are right... if it were truly a fisheye lens to blame we would often see a convex earth (if the earth were indeed flat).
Here it is.
Near Space Weather Balloon Launch With Gopro To 109 000 Feet!

Here we see how the GoPro fish eye distorts the horizon. The horizon bends from concave, to flat, to convex, and back to flat, it's actual shape. This occurs also because the camera is moving. The video proves what is meant by a rising horizon line that extends slightly upward and out ward as the balloon rises. If the earth were a ball then the horizon would slowly and gradually fall away from you the higher the balloon rises.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Bible also literally says that Jesus is the door. Do you think that He is made of wood?

The moon is a REFLECTIVE light.

Your understanding of the literal meaning is skewed.

We know the sun is a light and gives light, literally.

We know the stars give light, literally.

So, if we are to be consistent, the moon also is a light, that gives light.

If it's night time where I am, and the sun is on the other side of the globe then why should I see the moon at all if it is illuminated by the sun?

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave- please explain this. In your own words, not a video.

Thank you.

Why do we see the moon shinning every night when the sun is on the other side of the globe?

We need visual confirmation for this argument so video is important.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

There are many video that show the fish eye lens bending the horizon.

At some point we should also see the circle of the earth, which is different than a curve because the curved earth should fall away from you dramatically the higher we go.

--Dave

Right Divider

Body part

If it's night time where I am, and the sun is on the other side of the globe then why should I see the moon at all if it is illuminated by the sun?

--Dave
Wow Dave, just wow.

Make a scale model based on the global model and figure it out for yourself.

You really are anti-knowledge.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Does the earth give light? Based on your logic, it should.

--Dave

How about you build a scale model (just use a globe and a baseball and a flashlight) and see for yourself, like RD just said.

Status
Not open for further replies.