ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
And the same goes for this post, Nick. I don't see anything here that requires repentance for. Why would I need to repent for accepting that God is all powerful beyond our imaginings and that He gave all authority in heaven and earth to Yeshua? Why would I need to repent for believing Yeshua's words?

He has neg repped me six times today from this thread . . .

What a coward.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
This settles all arguments about that--

Zep 3:8 Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.
Zep 3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.
Zep 3:10 From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.
Zep 3:11 In that day shalt thou not be ashamed for all thy doings, wherein thou hast transgressed against me: for then I will take away out of the midst of thee them that rejoice in thy pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty because of my holy mountain.
Zep 3:12 I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of the LORD.
Zep 3:13 The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.
Zep 3:14 Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.
Zep 3:15 The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.
Zep 3:16 In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.
Zep 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
Zep 3:18 I will gather them that are sorrowful for the solemn assembly, who are of thee, to whom the reproach of it was a burden.
Zep 3:19 Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame.
Zep 3:20 At that time will I bring you again, even in the time that I gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes, saith the LORD.

Regardless of who one claims Israel is, A mill. is proven wrong.

LA

We can disagree as to our different views of Eschatology, but Zephaniah's prophecies were mostly centered upon a final judgment which will usher in a Godly kingdom rule consisting of God's people freed from bondage out of all the nations of the earth.

Amils believe the above prophecies point to the promises of an enduring and everlasting "city" that coincides with the N.T. promises of the New Jerusalem; the new heavens and new earth, eternal life, glory shared with Christ, etc.

So this prophet hardly proves Amillennialism to be wrong.

IMJerusha

Yes I see what you're saying. I can identify areas in the OT where the saints were wondering about it, but there is no specific promise mentioned in the OT. Unless you can show it?

I would have to say this is the specific promise "I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants, by loving the LORD your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding fast to Him; for this is your life and the length of your days, that you may live in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them."

When Moses said, "show me your glory". That is a heavenly desire.

I don't think so. No point, otherwise, in putting Moses in a rock cleft and shielding his face.

To know God's character through the law, is to desire to be with God literally. When Adam hid his nakedness, it is the desire to be clothed with a heavenly habitation. David desiring to dwell in the house of the Lord forever. The problem is that God was relating to man according to the flesh from Adam to Christ, and the physical man cannot enter heaven. And so how can God promise a spiritual reward to a natural man?

We tend to forget that God walked with us even after Eden. We also tend to forget that with God, all things are possible. I also consider Daniel's prophecies to be from God. Daniel 12:2

It is left to the natural man to meditate, think, wonder, conclude that God is going to do something that no one would believe (including the MADists). He was going to do a spiritual work on the human heart that would destroy works once and for all. It was understood as a day of rest that David spoke of under divine inspiration. Yes I see heaven in the OT but its veiled because of the flesh, and the veil is taken away in Christ, the second Adam. The Spiritual Adam.

I'm not buying the destruction of works, not when Yeshua stipulated a necessity for them via the leading of the Ruach (John 15) or do you think that branches picked up and thrown into the fire will be alive in Heaven? David wasn't speaking of a day of rest unless you assign a day to the meaning of the word "forever."

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He has neg repped me six times today from this thread . . .hold on......:smokie: ok, now you can answer

Because of you, not the post itself. Same with that flake you are exchanging complaints with.

IMJerusha

Because of you, not the post itself. Same with that flake you are exchanging complaints with.

I'm glad to see you smoking normal sized cigars, Nick! :) Would you care to address my posts to you or is nastiness the sum of all that exudes from you?...um, that and cigar smoke.
Matthew 15:11

Arsenios

If Jesus Told Them EVERYTHING, why did He return to tell Paul more ?

Maybe we should listen to Jesus tell us why...

Act 9:15-16
But the Lord said unto him,
Go thy way:
For he is a chosen vessel unto me,
to bear My Name
before
the Gentiles,
and (before) kings,
and (before) the children of Israel:

For I will shew him how
great things he must suffer
for my name's sake.

So you can see that he was to be a witness to Israel...
And a witness to the Gentiles...
And a witness to Kings...

Nothing about a NEW GOSPEL...

Nothing at all...

Arsenios

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Maybe we should listen to Jesus tell us why...

Act 9:15-16
But the Lord said unto him,
Go thy way:
For he is a chosen vessel unto me,
to bear My Name
before
the Gentiles,
and (before) kings,
and (before) the children of Israel:

For I will shew him how
great things he must suffer
for my name's sake.

So you can see that he was to be a witness to Israel...
And a witness to the Gentiles...
And a witness to Kings...

Nothing about a NEW GOSPEL...

Nothing at all...

Arsenios

i disagree, that won't change between us. Paul did refer to it as "my gospel", btw. - :patrol: no need to post scripture, i see it and you don't. it's not new on tol. God's Word Is clear, and john w, heir, stp musterion, gm and many many others, preach the Truth. harshly at times, and now i see why. i like you as a poster, love you as a brother, and i understand your persepective. Where are you anyway, i forgot ? europe ? - :patrol: God Bless You arsenios hall

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
i disagree, that won't change between us. Paul did refer to it as "my gospel", btw. - :patrol: no need to post scripture, i see it and you don't. it's not new on tol. God's Word Is clear, and john w, heir, stp musterion, gm and many many others, preach the Truth. harshly at times, and now i see why. i like you as a poster, love you as a brother, and i understand your persepective. Where are you anyway, i forgot ? europe ? - :patrol: God Bless You arsenios hall

None of them speak like a truth speaker,

Can you explain that?

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why is that a problem ?

The gospel never changed after the cross.

It is a problem when men avoid the gospel preached by Peter in favor of Pauls gospel when they are both the same gospel.

Just believing a few verses about one aspect of the gospel does not a Christian make.

LA

Status
Not open for further replies.