ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's Paul's gospel.

That's not what you said.

You said "Paul's my gospel".

That makes no sense grammatically.

Nowhere in the KJB will you find "Paul's my gospel".

You made up the phrase "Paul's my gospel"

He called it "my gospel" three times in a KJB. Romans 2:16 KJV, Romans 16:25 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:8 KJV

And Paul called the Lord "my Lord" two times in the KJB.

Did Paul have a different Lord?

Same Lord, different gospel :banana:

If it's the same Lord (my Lord), then why isn't it the same gospel (my gospel)?

heir

TOL Subscriber
That's not what you said.

You said "Paul's my gospel".

That makes no sense grammatically.

Nowhere in the KJB will you find "Paul's my gospel".

You made up the phrase "Paul's my gospel"
If it's not Paul's "my gospel" whose is it? You are just here being a pest, as usual.

heir

TOL Subscriber
If it's the same Lord (my Lord), then why isn't it the same gospel (my gospel)?

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Bible believing 101

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If it's not Paul's "my gospel" whose is it?

If it's not Paul's "my Lord", whose is it?

You are just here being a pest, as usual.

No, I'm showing how ridiculous you look when you type "Paul's my gospel" in your posts.

Please explain to us why "my Lord" doesn't mean a different Lord than the Lord Peter had, but "my gospel" means a different gospel than the gospel Peter had?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Bible believing 101

HINT: The word "we" cannot only describe Paul.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
First of all, that's not the gospel of Christ! Secondly, Paul's my gospel was a mystery! Why do you insist on calling God and Paul liars?

You are the liar.

The mystery was that God had included the gentiles in His Holy nation, and all the apostles were taught by the risen Christ.

You are not.

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

You do not even know what the fellowship of the mystery is.

You can not blaspheme God among his saints and then try to tell me you know what it is.

LA

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
heir's arbitrary definition of the word "my":

"my gospel" = a gospel only preached by Paul

"my Lord" = the same Lord everyone else has.

heir

TOL Subscriber
HINT: The word "we" cannot only describe Paul.
Here's your two that qualifies the "we" 1 Corinthians 1:1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

It doesn't negate why God kept Paul's gospel a mystery!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
MADists:

Did John the Baptist know Jesus Christ was the Messiah?

How? . . . if he did not have spiritual knowledge, given to him by God, of the Gospel of the promised Messiah from O.T. teachings, types, and promises?

Mocking You

Where does any little, uneducated and unchurched sect like MAD, get off declaring NO souls were saved until Saul fell off his horse.

So far, I haven't run across any posts claiming no one was saved before Saul's conversion. I did ask some questions earlier in this thread that were somewhat related to this but never answered:

Is it possible for modern day Jews to become saved by reading OT prophecies of Messiah and by reading the four Gospels?

If you were witnessing to a Jew what message would you use?

Will the Jews converted on Pentecost be in Heaven with saints converted during the Reformation?

heir

TOL Subscriber
You are the liar.

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4069287&postcount=103

You do not even know what the fellowship of the mystery is.
LOL. Yes, I do.

You can not blaspheme God among his saints and then try to tell me you know what it is.
:yawn:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Jesus preached things that were kept secret and hidden from the foundation of the world many years before Paul.

Peter heard these things that Jesus preached, and then preached them. Therefore, Peter preached things that were kept secret and hidden from the foundation of the world many years before Paul.

(Matt 13:35 KJV) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Why do you claim that only Paul preached things that were kept secret and hidden from the foundation of the world?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Here's your two that qualifies the "we" 1 Corinthians 1:1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

The Gospel of salvation by grace, provided by God, in the promised Messiah, fulfilled in the Incarnation of Jesus Christ, was never kept secret from the spiritual sons of God.

It was only kept secret from the wicked, reprobates of every age,
according to the will, purposes, good pleasure and the election of God.

In placing so much (mystical) importance on the sole ministry of Paul, you seek to distract from the biblical doctrine of Divine and Unconditional Election of souls, chosen by God for salvation, before the foundation of the world.

Many of us true Christians are onto your motives and tactics, to deflect souls from the Sovereign Truth of God Almighty and His Everlasting Gospel.

You are not big enough nor strong enough, in the eyes of God, to achieve what you seek in your unbelief and denials . . .

john w

Hall of Fame

No, you are, as you've been shown, deceiver that the apostles referenced below, who you cite below, in Ephesians 3 KJV...

The mystery was that God had included the gentiles in His Holy nation, and all the apostles were taught by the risen Christ.

...were not the twelve, LAliar, but the apostles "post Paul."

And yet that is your act on TOL-spam, and lies, and satanism, and Christ rejecting.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The princes of this world were never the saints.

It follows that righteous men always knew they had need of a savour who would die for their sins--

Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
Heb 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

LA

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Let's compare:

(Matt 13:35 KJV) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

(Rom 16:25 KJV) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

According to MAD, there are two different gospels in the above verses.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
So far, I haven't run across any posts claiming no one was saved before Saul's conversion.

Well, this is the total of the MAD argument.

Is it possible for modern day Jews to become saved by reading OT prophecies of Messiah and by reading the four Gospels?

Absolutely, yes.

If you were witnessing to a Jew what message would you use?

Information of the Covenants (promises) of God, that center around Messiah, from Genesis to the Incarnation (fulfillment) of Jesus Christ.

IOW's, the content of the O.T. prophecies, all of which were fulfilled by Jesus, and recorded in the gospel accounts.

Will the Jews converted on Pentecost be in Heaven with saints converted during the Reformation?

Yes! Praise God!

Status
Not open for further replies.