ECT The club's defensiveness about commentaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truster

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh, is that the way you talk to your elders on a regular basis...or only when you're in a major snit?
www.gif

glorydaz

"Foolish old woman" and her need to report you set my mind wondering why an old woman would post an avatar pretending to be young and cute. Maybe one of these would be closer to the truth:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=o...L1tjTAhUBNSYKHdnkBZAQ_AUICigB&biw=893&bih=867

Oh good, another pig in sheep's clothing has reared his ugly head.

Danoh and Truster make quite a pair. One claims to be Mad, but isn't, and the other claims he isn't a Calivinist, but he is. And Truster is worried about my avatar being misleading. :rotfl:

Interplanner

This week there was a 'commentary' that supported 2P2P about the 'will', so all the D'ist gang honked and hooted support. Because they are not really against commentaries if they are D'ist. But they won't admit that. They think the problem is commentaries.

SaulToPaul 2

This week there was a 'commentary' that supported 2P2P about the 'will', so all the D'ist gang honked and hooted support. Because they are not really against commentaries if they are D'ist. But they won't admit that. They think the problem is commentaries.

I didn't.
The problem is that you study commentaries, not the Bible.

musterion

It's just another lie from the liar. I don't recall any of us saying we're against commentaries in principle. I have several, yes they're almost all d'ist. How often to I consult them? It's been years.

SaulToPaul 2

It's just another lie from the liar. I don't recall any of us saying we're against commentaries in principle. I have several, yes they're almost all d'ist. How often to I consult them? It's been years.

Every post from IP is drenched in commentary phrases, not Bible.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Yep, some comments are true and some comments are false.

We learn by contrasts.

musterion

Yep, some comments are true and some comments are false.

We learn by contrasts.

Yep. Way back when I was gifted with an entire set of Ernie Campbell's commentaries and you don't get more MAD than that. I still have it. But ol' Ernie was a pretty staunch Calvinist (as was my former pastor who studied under him) and that causes a lot of his comments to be rejected. Very good grasp of Greek, though, the set is worth it's weight for that alone.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep. Way back when I was gifted with an entire set of Ernie Campbell's commentaries and you don't get more MAD than that. I still have it. But ol' Ernie was a pretty staunch Calvinist (as was my former pastor who studied under him) and that causes a lot of his comments to be rejected. Very good grasp of Greek, though, the set is worth it's weight for that alone.

Say? Wasn't that the kid that was on 'My Three Sons'?

Interplanner

Exactly. You keep D'ist commentaries around and are paranoid about the others; you might found out something unpleasant about D'ism!

Status
Not open for further replies.