ECT The club's defensiveness about commentaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

Read the four verses, in order.

Then ask yourself, What reasonable conclusion can I draw from the distinction Paul laid out? What does it mean for me?

How about I read Gen 3 in order? Can't you see the audacity of picking out 4 texts like that (not even one complete, coherent chapter) and saying your selection is divine and canonizing it?

Interplanner

all you are missing is that when Paul speaks of the law, many times he means what Judaism raised him in. For ex., that is how to read Gal 3:17 about replacing the promise with the law. That is something Judaism did, but it is not actually there in the text.

The promise is 'In your Seed, all the nations of the earth will be blessed' which is the first time the Seed is mentioned since Gen 3 (AFAIKnow)

Interplanner

I would like to see you do the opposite. State a proposition and support it. You are asking for mind reading and celebrating how you think about for unconnected lines.

Danoh

Right.

But why?

If the 12 already knew all that, as most of TOL say they did, why a new revelation to Paul? Why not just send Paul to hear it from them?

So some could come along later distort the distinction into an Acts 9/Acts 28 hybrid :D

Danoh

Once more we see him run interference for yet another enemy of the Gospel.

Anyone else figuring it out yet?

Not to worry; you have those out there, here and there in the world, just as militant in your same "demon behind every bush" ignorance.

You're still the rabid Baptist you have related from time to time you once were.

Only you're too self-deluded to see it for what it is.

Danoh

I would like to see you do the opposite. State a proposition and support it. You are asking for mind reading and celebrating how you think about for unconnected lines.

Yep.

Though I doubt doing so would go anywhere with you.

You'd only read it through your own, also long since clouded over lens.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So thick you can sop it up with a brick.
highfive.gif

glorydaz

Not to worry; you have those out there, here and there in the world, just as militant in your same "demon behind every bush" ignorance.

You're still the rabid Baptist you have related from time to time you once were.

Only you're too self-deluded to see it for what it is.

Ah, I see you decided to double down on your jerkhood. Why am I not surprised?

Danoh

Ah, I see you decided to double down on your jerkhood. Why am I not surprised?

You are not surprisee because you are a hypocrite who reads right past the fact that "Misty" twisted what I joked with JohnW about.

You foolish old woman long set in your ignorance.

glorydaz

You are not surprisee because you are a hypocrite who reads right past the fact that "Misty" twisted what I joked with JohnW about.

You foolish old woman long set in your ignorance.

Oh, is that the way you talk to your elders on a regular basis...or only when you're in a major snit?

Status
Not open for further replies.