The Clock Ticks (Ahmed Mohamed's clock bomb)

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Seems reasonable to me. I hope he gets it...
Obama wanted everyone to remember that :CRASH: this Muslim kid didn't take a bomb to school. :sozo2: We were all very impressed (Ge 16:12, Jer 7:6, GWT). :plain:

Now, because he was inconvenienced, we are supposed to fork out 15 million bucks? He's a greedy little fake bomb boy isn't he? :greedy:

I guess maybe the school district will learn not to deliberately violate the rights of their students.
You want our kids :scripto: sent off to gun free, godless indoctrination zones and :scripto: you don't want suspicious devices checked once they get there? Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10

rexlunae

Because you never admit when you're wrong, even when it's a proven fact.

That wasn't what I was asking. I was asking why you think in a couple years, we're going to find this kid making bombs. But I notice that you don't seem to think this is even a question.

rexlunae

I don't think so. I would think protecting your school against terrorist acts is a serious responsibility.

Of course it is. And were anyone ever worried that this was an actual bomb, it would be a very different story.

This proves that you agree it is vindictive and money grabbing and that you support that.

Oh, does it?

Don't be ridiculous. The school is not run by the government.

Um....what???

It is run by the school managers and teachers.

...who work for the government. And who will be replaced by the school district if they try to shut down the school without legal authorization.

You are so ready to invoke the law when something doesn't suit you as if this justifies everything. You are the reason why lawyers make so much money.

I'm ready to invoke the law to explain why the school can't shut down. Because it can't. I'm not sure why this is a controversial approach.

You demean the rights ordinary people have by your vindictiveness. Rights are not about how much you can get when someone makes a mistake.

I agree with the later. But if violating a person's rights doesn't come with a substantial cost, then what would deter it from happening?

This statement is very telling. What you are really doing is seeking to punish one school for the crimes that other schools only might have committed or might commit in the future.

I want to see a penalty that will make a school official think twice before doing the same thing again. That's what punitive damages are meant to do.

You just love it when people are punished for things you dislike, don't you? And you think that $15m is going to cause people to change. You think it is about money. I can assure you, it is not. When your life is at risk, you are not going to be all that bothered by the money.

Again, no one ever thought that this was an actual bomb.

Things will change not when a lawsuit is filed but when Muslims prove they are peace-loving.

Ah, ok, so you believe that this family is responsible for the crimes of all other Muslims in the world until they positively prove their innocence. Gotcha.

And that ain't gonna happen any time soon. And you can say all you like that you can't tar all Muslims with the same brush because that doesn't cut it when your life and your society are under threat. It is no argument post hoc, that the boy didn't have a bomb.

I didn't argue that he had no bomb. I pointed out that NO ONE THOUGHT it was a bomb. That's not post hoc at all.

I agree with A4T, I bet there will be some interesting facts revealed about the family if it goes to court.

Maybe. And the fact that they've filed a lawsuit isn't proof either way. If they actually get their day in court, the teachers and school administration will have a chance to explain themselves.

They have now moved to Qatar, one of the world's most terrorism financing countries in the world. Perhaps that's where they feel most at home?

I'm really not sure what that has to do with anything, honestly. It's certainly not something I would choose, but they do have every right, and I don't see any good reason to assume it means much.

bybee

Of course it is. And were anyone ever worried that this was an actual bomb, it would be a very different story.

Oh, does it?

Um....what???

...who work for the government. And who will be replaced by the school district if they try to shut down the school without legal authorization.

I'm ready to invoke the law to explain why the school can't shut down. Because it can't. I'm not sure why this is a controversial approach.

I agree with the later. But if violating a person's rights doesn't come with a substantial cost, then what would deter it from happening?

I want to see a penalty that will make a school official think twice before doing the same thing again. That's what punitive damages are meant to do.

Again, no one ever thought that this was an actual bomb.

Ah, ok, so you believe that this family is responsible for the crimes of all other Muslims in the world until they positively prove their innocence. Gotcha.

I didn't argue that he had no bomb. I pointed out that NO ONE THOUGHT it was a bomb. That's not post hoc at all.

Maybe. And the fact that they've filed a lawsuit isn't proof either way. If they actually get their day in court, the teachers and school administration will have a chance to explain themselves.

I'm really not sure what that has to do with anything, honestly. It's certainly not something I would choose, but they do have every right, and I don't see any good reason to assume it means much.

You, on the other hand, must believe that every tax payer in the community is guilty of racism so they must cough up well over fifteen millions dollars for one little dweeb's hurty feelings?
You are snorting out of both sides of your mouth!

bybee

$15 million? :rotfl:

:mock: Ahmed Mohamed

How much should a kid who gets tossed out of school for eating a poptart into a gun shape get?

Indeed! If we are to take umbrage at every affront we shall no longer be able to live in community.
And this is, precisely, where Political Correctness is taking us.

musterion

Obama did say, "See something, say something." Of course we now know that wasn't meant to apply to Muslims. Or to Syrians. Or to Mexicans. Or to blacks. Or to leftists. Or...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
$15 million? :rotfl:

:mock: Ahmed Mohamed

How much should a kid who gets tossed out of school for eating a poptart into a gun shape get?

billion.jpg