The Clock Ticks (Ahmed Mohamed's clock bomb)

musterion

That shows he was a foolish kid who disobeyed his teachers, I don't think it's enough to show he intended to do either 1) or 2) in that law. Certainly not 1). You could try to argue 2) but I'd still disagree. It would rely completely on the appearance of the device since he never acted or spoke about causing alarm. I can't say with certainty that he didn't secretly hope that the device appearance would cause alarm, but I don't think you've met the burden of proof.

You are a liar or an idiot. He SAID he realized the thing was suspicious before he even brought it to school. Goodbye.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That shows he was a foolish kid who disobeyed his teachers, I don't think it's enough to show he intended to do either 1) or 2) in that law. Certainly not 1). You could try to argue 2) but I'd still disagree. It would rely completely on the appearance of the device since he never acted or spoke about causing alarm. I can't say with certainty that he didn't secretly hope that the device appearance would cause alarm, but I don't think you've met the burden of proof.

You think he deserves a 15 million dollar payday?

bybee

kmo doesn't have a clue

And he is not alone! The apologists for Islam fall all over themselves making excuses for this little dweeb! His older sister already tested the waters and I'm convinced that the Father sent the son in to set up a scenario whereby the authorities were made to look the fools, THEREBY GUARANTEEING that the next time, a disaster will occur.
They should not be allowed back into this country.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
You think he deserves a 15 million dollar payday?
No.

And he is not alone! The apologists for Islam fall all over themselves making excuses for this little dweeb! His older sister already tested the waters and I'm convinced that the Father sent the son in to set up a scenario whereby the authorities were made to look the fools, THEREBY GUARANTEEING that the next time, a disaster will occur.
They should not be allowed back into this country.
If they looked like fools it was their own doing.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Having children myself, I am glad when teachers err on the side of caution whenever actual harm is possible (as opposed to pop tart or finger 'guns' kids get expelled for). Once it turned out that it was indeed harmless, no harm done but I certainly don't mind having the kid detained until they determined everything was ok.

Does the kid deserve a single penny from the school or state via lawsuit? :nono:

The whole thing should be dropped. He didn't get in any trouble and the school shouldn't have to pay a penny to him either.

I'm fine with being cautious. Where I think they went wrong is charging him with making a hoax bomb.

bybee

No.

If they looked like fools it was their own doing.

Is it foolish for those in charge of the safety of all the children and the staff in that school to err on the side of caution?
I don't think so! It was the liberal media that heaped scorn and diatribe on the administration.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Is it foolish for those in charge of the safety of all the children and the staff in that school to err on the side of caution?
I don't think so! It was the liberal media that heaped scorn and diatribe on the administration.

They erred on the side of caution and then charged him with a hoax bomb even though it wasn't. That's where they failed. There probably are those who also condemn even scrutinizing the device though. I would disagree with that.