The cigar lounge

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I tried a Oliva Series G robusto today. These are great cigars for under $3.

Good construction, nice draw, excellent burn, and great flavor. These are really mild, but have the taste of dark chocolate, hazelnut, and maybe a hint of licorice?

a6cd0dda-8111-0693.jpg

The ash and burn were excellent for a cheap cigar.

a6cd0dda-8125-862b.jpg

The Oliva Series G is great for early mornings, or lunch time but you might want something a bit more complex for a night time smoke. Even still it would be tough to beat these based on price.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Have a good friend coming in to town in April...haven't seen him in quite a while. We made a deal...

I am buying a variety of good cigars for us to smoke in a nice lounge, and he will supply some good whiskey.

Should be a good time!

I've taken good notes from this thread to assist with my purchase. I'll be sure to take some pictures of the festivities...wish y'all could join us.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

Good construction, nice draw, excellent burn, and great flavor. These are really mild, but have the taste of dark chocolate, hazelnut, and maybe a hint of licorice?

a6cd0dda-8111-0693.jpg

The ash and burn were excellent for a cheap cigar.

a6cd0dda-8125-862b.jpg

The Oliva Series G is great for early mornings, or lunch time but you might want something a bit more complex for a night time smoke. Even still it would be tough to beat these based on price.

Monster had a deal on a sampler of these the other day and I passed, I'l have to give them a try. Looks pretty good...:thumb:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Have a good friend coming in to town in April...haven't seen him in quite a while. We made a deal...

I am buying a variety of good cigars for us to smoke in a nice lounge, and he will supply some good whiskey.

Should be a good time!

I've taken good notes from this thread to assist with my purchase. I'll be sure to take some pictures of the festivities...wish y'all could join us.

Sounds like a good time, I'm wishin I could join ya!:D

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Monster had a deal on a sampler of these the other day and I passed, I'l have to give them a try. Looks pretty good...:thumb:
Today monster had the double robusto version of these on sale. The double robusto is a tad more (like $3 per stick) but that's a great deal on such a quality smoke.

If there are any cigar smokers on a tight budget out there they should grab some of these Oliva's Series G cigars.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
rocketman, I broke down and ordered some El Titan De Bronze Redemptions today. Can't wait to get them!!

I bought them from the link you gave me which saved me about $15 over that other place.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
rocketman, I broke down and ordered some El Titan De Bronze Redemptions today. Can't wait to get them!!

I bought them from the link you gave me which saved me about $15 over that other place.

LOL:chuckle: I too after being on Disability for the past three weeks felt I had spent enough on cigars during my down time. I could not help myself though and I too have ordered a five cigar sample. Are you sure you want to get into cigars Knight, this can be a rather addictive hobbie. Not like a habit addictive, more like an enjoyment addictive. We will have to compare notes...:thumb:

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dr. Pepper's actually not bad w/a cigar. On a nice warm afternoon.

My mother is fond of WARM Dr. Pepper when she's feeling ill. She's from the South. :idunno:

Never tried one with a cigar, however....sounds kind of intriguing.

zoo22

Interesting I have never heard of this...:think:

Cold Dr. Pepper. Not warm. :plain:

Warm summer day, cold Dr. Pepper, cigar.

On a warm summer day a cigar might be good with a cold egg cream, come to think of it.

I mean, if we're taking non-alcoholic beverages that aren't coffee.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

a6cd0dda-8111-0693.jpg

That and the "O" are good. Something seems amiss in your picture. Maybe it is an optical illusion. It looks like the wrong end was cut. But maybe not.

I have done that once or twice. Usualy lighting when it is quite dark, and I was running my mouth about something and not paying attention.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I won't hold that against her. ;)

I (generally) don't either. :chuckle:

She's lived in the West for a great many years (moved here a few years after high school when she met my father who had just gotten back from Vietnam), and she has done a great deal to stomp the South out of her.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That and the "O" are good. Something seems amiss in your picture. Maybe it is an optical illusion. It looks like the wrong end was cut. But maybe not.

I have done that once or twice. Usualy lighting when it is quite dark, and I was running my mouth about something and not paying attention.
If it had been cut on the wrong side the label would be upside down, which you can see from the picture isn't the case. Furthermore it would be tough to light a cigar end that still had a cap on it wouldn't it? Especially if you were lighting the cap end.

The Oliva's place their label kinda far down the stick which I think accounts for what you might have been seeing. :)

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
If it had been cut on the wrong side the label would be upside down, which you can see from the picture isn't the case. Furthermore it would be tough to light a cigar end that still had a cap on it wouldn't it? Especially if you were lighting the cap end.

The Oliva's place their label kinda far down the stick which I think accounts for what you might have been seeing. :)

I got my El Cobre Double Fuerte's yesterday. I did something I should not have done, and smoked one right out of the gate. Generally one should put them in the humidor and allow them to acclimate, after all they just made a 3000 mile trip. I can tell you they taste heavenly but, the draw was a little tight at first but, got better, also the burn was difficult at the beginning also. I will give them a day or three to rest in the humidor and give em another try. The flavor was quite similar to the Padron 5000, lots of cocoa, and coffee flavors really an enjoyable smoke from a flavor POV. I am looking forward to trying one again soon, I put up pics then.