The cigar lounge

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight, since you seem to like a full body smoke, I will suggest a few that I like.

5 Vegas "A". It is peppery and full bodied.
Indian Tomahawk Maduro. Those are very smooth and the wrapper has a great oily sheen to it. It is a Rocky Patel.
The RP Vintage 1990 and 1992, and I know you have tried the 1990.
CAO Brazillia. Another really good maduro.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight, since you seem to like a full body smoke, I will suggest a few that I like.

5 Vegas "A". It is peppery and full bodied.
Indian Tomahawk Maduro. Those are very smooth and the wrapper has a great oily sheen to it. It is a Rocky Patel.
The RP Vintage 1990 and 1992, and I know you have tried the 1990.
CAO Brazillia. Another really good maduro.
Ooooo, those are great suggestions I will look into those today.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Full body vs. full strength.

One thing that is a bit confusing to me that I am just now starting to realize.... is that the body of the cigar doesn't necessarily reflect anything about the strength of the cigar.

Most cigars are described as mild, medium, medium-full, or full, which I always assumed was how strong the tobacco was in the cigar. I assumed the fuller the body, the more "kick" the cigar would have (i.e., the more it might make you feel light-headed). Yet apparently that isn't the case at all. The body of a cigar is not necessarily related to the strength of the cigar. Is that correct?

It seems that there really isn't anyway to determine how strong a cigar is without tasting it yourself right? Am I correct in understanding that the body of the cigar is merely a description of how heavy the flavors are in the cigar and not a reflection of the nicotine "kick"?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As far as I know, full bodied meant flavor, and it would be stronger. Sort of like people that drink watered down coffee versus recycled coffee.

The thing that would change it is what you are smoking. A Conneticut will not be as strong to most people as a maduro. Yet they can both be full bodied. I hadn't heard of it being two different things.

lucybelle

TOL Princess
Uh... lucybelle.... didn't we already cover this? Cigar smoke isn't inhaled into your lungs. The lungs shown in your link were from a cigarette smoker who smoked a pack a day for 20 years.

Knight - we covered that YOU don't inhale it... but that's not to say everyone else doesn't... Anyways - just putting it in your mouth is bad enough!
Here - this one's for you...

http://www.itriagehealth.com/disease/tongue-cancer-(tumor)

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
So I recieved my "Rocky Patel Cuban Blend Torpedo's" Monday afternoon and put them in the humidor. Tonight I took one out, and I am burning it right now. I paid $16.00 for the 5 pack so, for a roughly $3.00 cigar I would say this is a good one. Good construction, burn is consitant, Ash is a little flaky but, hey for 3 bucks it's pretty good. The flavor is rather bold like a cuban would be, the draw is very smooth, no tongue bite, very creamy cocoa/coffee flavors, I taste some wood flavors. I would say this is a thumbs up. :thumb:
View attachment 16297

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If things go as planned today I am going to finally get to try one of my Pinar Del Rio Seleccion Reserva Limitada's.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My Island Smoke shipment showed up today. Not Maduros but they still look and smell awesome!

The coveted El Titan de Bronze Redemption!

43a5ec6c-4504-9b82.jpg

I will let these sit in the humidor for a few days and then try one.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Pinar Del Rio Seleccion Reserva Limitada!

The best way to describe this smoke is.... Lucious!!

43a5ec6c-4695-4d68.jpg

Finally got to try one of these babies! The color is a dark reddish brown, with a very oily looking wrapper. These are not maduros but they are very dark and oily. Deep, dark, rich flavor. Tons of flavor, notes of dark cocoa, creamy, chewy smoke.

Excellent burn and good all the way to the nub. Not strong as far as nicotine goes but certainly a full flavored smoke. You should all try these and the best part is they are fairly cheap!!

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Had a really excellent batch of rum & maple pipe tobacco last evening. I hadn't had any for a few years (that brand and flavor, that is), and I picked up a tin on a whim.

I had forgotton what a pleasant smoke it is! The smell (pre-lit) was barley and earth, with a hint of orange. The taste after lighting was intensely spicy at first with a mellow earthy maple flavor that balanced it out at the end. It's a bit exotic compared with my usual picks, but it was a pleasant change.

I'll be getting more of that.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Had a really excellent batch of rum & maple pipe tobacco last evening. I hadn't had any for a few years (that brand and flavor, that is), and I picked up a tin on a whim.

I had forgotton what a pleasant smoke it is! The smell (pre-lit) was barley and earth, with a hint of orange. The taste after lighting was intensely spicy at first with a mellow earthy maple flavor that balanced it out at the end. It's a bit exotic compared with my usual picks, but it was a pleasant change.

I'll be getting more of that.

That sounds good. PM me the brand of the stuff you described above if you dont mind, or edit-add/post it here, would like to try that.
My better stuff is almost gone, I had three different flavor 2oz bags, I have ended up throwing them together in one mix 'cause they were all getting pretty low. The mix is good, should have done it right off the bat. :) Sadly only about 2 bowls or so left in there.
Still have the giant walgreens bag, over half left, I like it, but its not the treat the better stuff is. lol
Will have to make a run soon. Might have to pick up a cigar or two as well, this thread is making me want one. Been a long time. /salute

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight has probably come to notice that cigars are really good, and he hasn't even had a Cuban. They are over rated. Big time. I think it is because we can't have it in the US. Sort of the forbidden fruit. It isn't like the climate in the Dominican Republic is some how different.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
My Island Smoke shipment showed up today. Not Maduros but they still look and smell awesome!

The coveted El Titan de Bronze Redemption!

43a5ec6c-4504-9b82.jpg

I will let these sit in the humidor for a few days and then try one.

Hey, those actually look pretty tasty. Those are dark they look like maduro or maybe it's the pic. Still they look good from here.