The cigar lounge

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have a question about humidores....

I looked around two days ago at various shops in order to price out small humidores.

The LEAST expensive that I found (for a descent one) was $39.00. Is that a good price? Should I keep looking? I really want one, but some of them looked a little iffy.

For what should I look in a good (small) humidor? Some of them seemed very cheaply made and I don't want to invest in one unless I have a good recommendation.

Thanks everyone.
The best thing to do is check the cigar monster daily, and wait for the Bally IV to come up on sale.

The Bally IV is a 100 count humidor and the nice thing is it has a glass top so you can look at your cigars without constantly opening the unit.

The cigar monster will put it up for sale every couple of days for about $39 which is a killer deal.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I stopped by a different cigar shop today called Cigars on Sixth. Nice little smoking lounge and a small walk-in humidor (it's also a full service barber shop). The staff wasn't super friendly and they were way over priced.

I did pick up one stick just for sake of stopping in.

a6cd0c3d-b7c6-8848.jpg

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Sounds like a good risk.

I've been thinking of picking up some of the RP Petit Coronas. Anyone have any experience w/them?

This thread's inspired me to get the humidor back in shape and stocked.

Awesome! This is my one vise, I Love Good Cigars! it is great to have another of like mind. Get that Humidor workin, stock, and enjoy Zoo22.
I look forward to talkin cigars with you in the future. :thumb:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Can you ask your friend to try and get a hold of some http://cigarobsession.com/cigar-reviews/el-titan-de-bronze-redemption-maduro-robusto-cigar-review/?

The only distributor I can find charges a fortune for shipping and I don't really trust ordering from them.

I have been meaning to, and I will check into it. I went back to work this week so things are a little hectic but, I promise to ask my two friends that are in the business if they can acquire them. If they can I will send you a PM and let you know how much. The problem with CA. is the added taxes because tobacco has been deemed EEEEEVIL. You can practice all kind of unsavory behavior, open a medical marajuana shop nobody will blink an eye but, enjoy tobacco, well enough said but I promise to check it out. Did you go to the El Titan site? they have a list of distributers and some have website attachments, that was what I wanted to look into. Here if you have time, I'll check too, this is the address, just click on vendors.
http://www.eltitandebronze.com/cigars/titan-redemption-maduro.html

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
If you have an iPhone there is a cigarmonster app (i'm addicted to it).

I love it too, I usually check it for the Monster mash up at 11:00-12:00 P.M. EST and the have all the deals they offered all day if they did not sell out. For me on the left coast that is 8:00-9:00 P.M perfect time too. Great deals on cigars there zoo22 to restock that box! :D

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I stopped by a different cigar shop today called Cigars on Sixth. Nice little smoking lounge and a small walk-in humidor (it's also a full service barber shop). The staff wasn't super friendly and they were way over priced.

I did pick up one stick just for sake of stopping in.

a6cd0c3d-b7c6-8848.jpg

This is a good stick Knight. I liked it very much, have you had one before?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is a good stick Knight. I liked it very much, have you had one before?

No but I made my buddy buy one the other night based on your advice and he loved it. I did try a small puff of it and it seemed excellent. I can't wait to try it.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
No but I made my buddy buy one the other night based on your advice and he loved it. I did try a small puff of it and it seemed excellent. I can't wait to try it.

You'll love it, did you check my post #390. We'll find those El Titan De Bronze Redemption Maduro Robustos yet.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is good to see you, Knight, moving from the occasional cigar smoker to more of an avid affectionado. One day, perhaps, you will, like myself, rarely post without a lighted cigar in hand or mouth. ;)

AMR

Last edited:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
It is good to see you, Knight, moving from the occasional cigar smoker to more of an avid affectionado. One day, perhaps, you will, like myself, rarely post without a lighted cigar in hand or mouth. ;)

AMR

Ditto, got a Hemingway going right now...while I post.:D

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have a question about humidores....

I looked around two days ago at various shops in order to price out small humidores.

The LEAST expensive that I found (for a descent one) was $39.00. Is that a good price? Should I keep looking? I really want one, but some of them looked a little iffy.

For what should I look in a good (small) humidor? Some of them seemed very cheaply made and I don't want to invest in one unless I have a good recommendation.

Thanks everyone.

I would get a good one. You won't regret it later like you would if you got a cheap one. If that means you hold off, then hold off. Skipping the style part, your price seems about right. I think you can get a really nice one for $100.00. They of course can go much higher in price, but I don't see the need. Nor do I have a need for stoarge of 1000 cigars. Well, maybe I do.

What's a "Blackberry"??? :idunno:

;)

The device banned in some countries because the governments can't eves drop on you through it. Or last I was told.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/01/blackberry-email-web-and-messaging-banned-in-uae-due-to-securi/

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

AMR
Well... I'm still just an occasional cigar smoker. I limit myself to no more than once per week (or less). I still don't like the way I smell after smoking, maybe I am more of a cigar collector than I am a smoker?? :D

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The auction I won the other night arrived today. And now the moment we've all been waiting for. The unboxing!!

43a5ec6c-ebc4-b573.jpg

43a5ec6c-ebd8-8422.jpg

43a5ec6c-ebea-a8e7.jpg

Let the slobbering begin!