The cigar lounge

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I tried the Ramones cigar today, man it was really good. They are made by Camacho, I tried the connecticut wrappered one, it tasted very nutty, nice burn. I think I exaggerated the ring size a bit, it is a 60 ring, still very large. This is a perfect example of finding an inexpensive cigar that is on par with some of the premiums I have smoked. Here in CA I paid $6.00 but, "Cigar Review" an online cigar journal rated this cigar at 88 which is pretty good, and with an average retail of $1.95-$3.95 a stick, that is really reasonable. If you see one of these I would give it a chance, it was worth it. I also purchased one in Criollo wrapper, which was something I had not heard of. The Criollo wrapper is a Honduran wrapper grown from Cuban seed. I will let you know what it is like, I may try it tomorrow.

Cheers Rocketman

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
What? No pictures?? :idunno:

:D

I'm sorry I forgot my camera when I walked out the door this morning. I will put up a pic tomorrow with the Ramones Corillo. Knight, that was a really good smoke, good enough I may buy a box. The price is definitely nice. I had time before I had to pick up my son from school and I could not resist one more smoke before I left so, I also had a Padron 2000 maduro today with a cup of coffee. this cigar needs no elaboration, it was perfect. I know, what a Cigar Hog, what can I say all this tme off is making me lazy, giving in to my lusts..:chuckle:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I had to pick up my son from school and I could not resist one more smoke before I left so, I also had a Padron 2000 maduro today with a cup of coffee. this cigar needs no elaboration, it was perfect. I know, what a Cigar Hog, what can I say all this tme off is making me lazy, giving in to my lusts..:chuckle:
I see people ask online.... If I can't afford to smoke a Padron Anniversario what is a cheap alternative? The obvious choice is... A regular Padron!

Padron doesn't make a bad cigar.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I was not able to get out and have a cigar this afternoon so I am in the man cave having one now. I am trying the new Ramones with Corillo Wrapper. So far it is a pretty decent smoke. It passed all the sight and feel tests when I bought it, so now is the final judgement. This Cigar started off a little spicy/earthy at first but, I have got it down about 1/3 of the way now and the flavor has really mellowed out. It is still spicy /earthy but no bite on the tongue and very smooth. I liked the connecticut wrappered one much better it was more nutty/creamy but, both are very smooth on the tongue, no bite. In short I would buy the connecticut wrappered ones in a minute but, unless you like your cigar rather spicy I don't think the corillo wrapper is for you. Knight, as promised heres a couple of pics...Enjoy
View attachment 16256

View attachment 16257

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
That's a great lookin' stogie. It looks punch cut. Is that your favorite cut?

Actually that was a guillotine but, like the stogie you showed in an earlier post it was a wide berth on my cutter. I have tried them all and I use the guillotine almost exclusively. I was also a bit timid being I damaged the wrapper of the Connecticut Romones I had yesterday at the smoke shop. It really bummed me out, I hate to defile the thing before I smoke it. My Tobacconist friend saw my defilement and suggested that I use a punch cut on large ring cigars like this (live and learn). I probably would have went for the punch cut on this one if I could have found mine, I misplaced it. I don't care for the V-cut it doesn't fit my sensibilities in that, I want the cigar to burn evenly yet I cut a slit down the center? doesn't make sense to me. There are two ends not getting an even draw in my mind, this might be totally in my head but, that is my hang-up. Have you tried the coffee infused yet? I am interested in your take on them. Do you know if the tips are sugar dipped?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One of the dads on the girls hockey team that I coach brought me the following cigars the other night.

43a5ec6c-ff2d-007b.jpg

From left to right...
- La Rosa Especial
- Trinidad
- Flor De Copan

Anyone know anything about these sticks?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I also got some other stuff today via UPS....

My new Xitar travel humidor for my June trip to Vegas as well as a possible trip to Mexico in October, AND my Padron sampler which features a 1964 Anniversario. It's like Christmas!!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

My new Xitar travel humidor for my June trip to Vegas as well as a possible trip to Mexico in October, AND my Padron sampler which features a 1964 Anniversario. It's like Christmas!!
Dang, you are fully stocked, Knight!

You will have to pack any cigar lighters in your non-carry-on luggage or just pick up some wooden matches at your destination if you plan on flying. Occasionally I managed to slip through screening with wooden matches in my carry ons.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You will have to pack any cigar lighters and cutter in your non-carry-on luggage or just pick up some wooden matches at your destination if you plan on flying. Occasionally I managed to slip through screening with wooden matches in my carry ons. I have a bullet style cutter attached to my key chain that has never been questioned in screening, but I would hate to have to toss it.

AMR

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
One of the dads on the girls hockey team that I coach brought me the following cigars the other night.

43a5ec6c-ff2d-007b.jpg

From left to right...
- La Rosa Especial
- Trinidad
- Flor De Copan

Anyone know anything about these sticks?

The Trinidad I have seen but, never sampled, the other two are a mystery to me. I have not seen these before. There are a lot of cigar companies out there so, you will have to try them. Let us know how they turn out.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

Christmas indeed! Those Padrons look tasty. Looks like your stogies will travel in style...:up:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

You will have to pack any cigar lighters and cutter in your non-carry-on luggage or just pick up some wooden matches at your destination if you plan on flying. Occasionally I managed to slip through screening with wooden matches in my carry ons. I have a bullet style cutter attached to my key chain that has never been questioned in screening, but I would hate to have to toss it.

AMR

TSA has eased up on the lighter thing. The last two times I traveled to Cape Canaveral I was allowed to keep a lighter in my possession. I will admit I forgot and thought I would be tossing one but, the TSA agent said it was no longer a problem. :idunno: I still would not risk it with that awesome lighter you bought Knight.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Looking forward to tonight. Me and several of my buddies are heading over to the Robusto room for drinks and cigars.

Any recommendations for cigar choice?

Knight, I don't think I shared this site with you yet. This is an online cigar journal. They rate cigars and there are some great links. If you look at the reviews section there is a list of 90+ rated cigars. You might find it helpful in making your selections instead of going blind. If you see a Davidoff Reserva there I would try it, it rates right up there with Padron 1964. You will see this and more on the site, and you can click on any partcular rating and get an Idea of what flavors they tasted on a particular cigar and see if it suits your tastes. Anyway, check it out, I have this site saved in my favorites.
http://www.acigarsmoker.com/
Enjoy tonight, I wish I could go...:thumb:

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Started with a decent cheap CAO latravito...

a6cd0e12-b4e0-077a.jpg

But right now at this very moment I am smoking the king of all cigars...

a6cd0e12-b520-0f0d.jpg