The cigar lounge

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Started with a decent cheap CAO latravito...

a6cd0e12-b4e0-077a.jpg

But right now at this very moment I am smoking the king of all cigars...

a6cd0e12-b520-0f0d.jpg
What's in the drink glass, Knight? Looks like you switched drinks from one to the other cigar.

AMR

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Started with a decent cheap CAO latravito...

a6cd0e12-b4e0-077a.jpg

But right now at this very moment I am smoking the king of all cigars...

a6cd0e12-b520-0f0d.jpg

Looks good, I'm jealous...I may have to retire to the man cave and have one myself. It won't be as good as that Padron your holding. Slobber...Slobber

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Looks good, I'm jealous...I may have to retire to the man cave and have one myself. It won't be as good as that Padron your holding. Slobber...Slobber
Indeed. As I sit here outside by the pool, smoking a less than stellar cigar, I am trying mind over matter, imagining a better one. ;)

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I had a Tuaca and then a long island.
Never tried the first, and have had way too many of the second, if you know what I mean. ;)

If I may ask, what was the most often discussed topic at this gathering with your male friends? Politics? Religion? Wives? ;)

AMR

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Never tried the first, and have had way too many of the second, if you know what I mean. ;)

If I may ask, what was the most often discussed topic at this gathering with your male friends? Politics? Religion? Wives? ;)

AMR
Cigars mostly, then sports, guy stuff.... Sometimes deeper topics.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tonights graveyard.

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6cd0e12-c8fa-3891.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

As you probably notice, the further down the cigar burns, the hotter it gets. As expected. It makes the smoke not as good, and it is considered proper to let it die a natural dignified death after the halfway point.

:up:

For you non smokers or cigarette....it isn't a Camel, and don't treat the cigar like one.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Looking forward to tonight. Me and several of my buddies are heading over to the Robusto room for drinks and cigars.

Any recommendations for cigar choice?

Nothing beats a genuine cigar/martini bar. Although I drink brandy with my cigars. I am jealous. :IA:

My suggestion. Get a smoking jacket. It makes your clothes not as stinky.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
...it is considered proper to let it die a natural dignified death after the halfway point.
That point is highly debated.

Personally I find the halfway thing utter baloney. I think the perfect ending spot is after consuming at least two thirds (maybe even three fourths) yet some cigars (especially Padron's) are good all the way to the nub!

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
That point is highly debated.

Personally I find the halfway thing utter baloney. I think the perfect ending spot is after consuming at least two thirds (maybe even three fourths) yet some cigars (especially Padron's) are good all the way to the nub!

Speaking of Padrons, I picked up a Padron 5000 maduro today. Man this is a big cigar. I smoke the 2000's all the time, this one has a 93 rating so I thought I would give it a whirl this evening. If I can find the camera I will shoot picture for ya'll. Sure looks tasty....

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I picked up a couple A. Fuente cigars on the advice of the proprietor of the shop I was in. He said they should be 1.5 hours each, which is longer then I'm willing to stand outside for until we reach, at least, a balmy 50 degrees. I hope they are still good by that time.