The "Church" at Acts 2 is NOT the Body of Christ

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Another church:

Act 19:39 But if ye enquire any thing concerning other matters, it shall be determined in a lawful assembly[ekklesia].

Is your church lawful?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Another church:

Act 19:39 But if ye enquire any thing concerning other matters, it shall be determined in a lawful assembly[ekklesia].

Is your church lawful?

why do you quote Ephesian's comment? They are not Christians yet.

daqq

Looky, another legal hoop!

That is what it says and if the Master Teacher Yeshua does it then it is perfectly fine with me.
Or are you another one like Jerry Shugart who says that "Jesus is JHWH"?

In fact this is really a sad thing to hear you say.

Jeremiah 3:19
19 But I said, How would I put you among the sons and give you a pleasant land, a splendid inheritance of the hosts of nations? And I said, Call Me, "my Father", and do not turn away from Me.

And you say calling our heavenly Father, "my Father", is a legal hoop?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
That is what it says and if the Master Teacher Yeshua does it then it is perfectly fine with me.
Or are you another one like Jerry Shugart who says that "Jesus is JHWH"?

Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

In fact this is really a sad thing to hear you say.

Jeremiah 3:19
19 But I said, How would I put you among the sons and give you a pleasant land, a splendid inheritance of the hosts of nations? And I said, Call Me, "my Father", and do not turn away from Me.

And you say calling our heavenly Father, "my Father", is a legal hoop?[/

No, but it sounds like you are.

daqq

OK, I rephrase, they believe YHWH is trinity, the Father, Son and the HS..

Right, but they do not believe that "Jesus is the Father", (who is YHWH), which is what Jerry Shugart is saying whether he knows it or not whenever he says that "Jesus is JHWH", or as one of his thread titles says, "Jesus is Jehovah". There are enough places where scripture clearly states that YHWH is the Father. What people like Jerry are doing is essentially demoting the Father so that they may elevate Jesus to equality status with the Father.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Right, but they do not believe that "Jesus is the Father", (who is YHWH), which is what Jerry Shugart is saying whether he knows it or not whenever he says that "Jesus is JHWH", or as one of his thread titles says, "Jesus is Jehovah". There are enough places where scripture clearly states that YHWH is the Father. What people like Jerry are doing is essentially demoting the Father so that they may elevate Jesus to equality status with the Father.

Maybe he does not realize it. Yes, what he is claiming is oneness.

thanks.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Like... in... Philippians 2:6?

daqq

Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

No, but it sounds like you are.

Jeremiah 23:6 ESV
6 In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely. And this is the name by which he will be called: ‘The LORD is our righteousness.’

Jeremiah 23:6 ERV
6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, The LORD is our righteousness.

Jeremiah 23:6 JPS Tanakh 1917
6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely; and this is his name whereby he shall be called, The LORD is our righteousness.

And the same exact phrase is found later concerning Yerushalem as follows:

Jeremiah 33:16 ESV
16 In those days Judah will be saved, and Jerusalem will dwell securely. And this is the name by which it will be called: ‘The LORD is our righteousness.’

Jeremiah 33:16 ERV
16 In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name whereby she shall be called, The LORD is our righteousness.

Jeremiah 33:16 JPS Tanakh 1917
16 In those days shall Judah be saved, And Jerusalem shall dwell safely; And this is the name whereby she shall be called, The LORD is our righteousness.

Read the Psalms, (and believe them). :)

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Of all cannon... even the cannon that can be asserted that we have discussed... who is the most important being discussed and quoted? As in who is the highest authority of all, without question... in all cannon?
Okay, I'll bite, in my opinion that would of course be the Father and His Messiah.

Which one is more important?

The Father, as HaNavi Yirmeyahu says He desires to be called, (Jeremiah 3:4).
In fact you cannot be placed among His sons if you do not do so, (Jeremiah 3:19). :)

:sheep:
Nice! Awesome...

Now let's stay cozy with the same itty bitty questions but jump back to 100 bc. If you had the TaNaKH available...

And I asked you... in all the TaNaKH, who is the central being of discussion...

How would you answer?

And I suspect this goes right along with that:

1 Corinthians 11:3
3 And I wish you to know that the head of every man is the Messiah, and the head of woman is the man, and the head of the Messiah is Elohim.

Daqq who is talking in these verses and what are there literal meanings in scholarly exegesis?

Isaiah 43:3, 45:21; Hos 13:4

daqq

Like... in... Philippians 2:6?

Exodus 20:1-3
1 And Elohim spoke all these words, saying:
2 I am YHWH your Elohim, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 You shall have no other Elohim against My face.

Literally, "against My face", which means "equal to" or "beside", (as equal in status or standing).
And this "legal hoop", (lol), includes all the little elohim also, O ye elohim . . . :chuckle:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Jeremiah 23:6 ESV
6 In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely. And this is the name by which he will be called: ‘The LORD is our righteousness.’

Jeremiah 23:6 ERV
6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, The LORD is our righteousness.

Jeremiah 23:6 JPS Tanakh 1917
6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely; and this is his name whereby he shall be called, The LORD is our righteousness.

And the same exact phrase is found later concerning Yerushalem as follows:

Jeremiah 33:16 ESV
16 In those days Judah will be saved, and Jerusalem will dwell securely. And this is the name by which it will be called: ‘The LORD is our righteousness.’

Jeremiah 33:16 ERV
16 In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name whereby she shall be called, The LORD is our righteousness.

Jeremiah 33:16 JPS Tanakh 1917
16 In those days shall Judah be saved, And Jerusalem shall dwell safely; And this is the name whereby she shall be called, The LORD is our righteousness.

So...the fact that Jerusalem shall be called 'the LORD is our righteousness cancels out the fact that ;the Branch' shall be called 'the LORD our righteousness'. Huh?

Read the Psalms, (and believe them). :)

I have and do as a believer for over 37 years.