The Christian Life

God's Truth

Obey what - the old law?

Obey the new law it is the law of Christ and what he taught.

That's what it always comes down to with you people. Gentiles were never required to keep the law from Genesis to Revelation.
No. The Gentiles were SEPARATE and WITHOUT God BECAUSE THEY DID NOT obey. See Ephesians 2:12.

Your law is to put all your trust in Christ and nothing in yourself because you're a sinner and can't perform one good deed.

That is a lie, for there were and are people who can and do obey.

Epoisses

Obey the new law it is the law of Christ and what he taught.

No. The Gentiles were SEPARATE and WITHOUT God BECAUSE THEY DID NOT obey. See Ephesians 2:12.

That is a lie, for there were and are people who can and do obey.

The new law of Christ is to love God and love my neighbor as myself. Do you obey this law perfectly?

God's Truth

The new law of Christ is to love God and love my neighbor as myself. Do you obey this law perfectly?

Of course I do. Loving your neighbor means doing them no harm.

Are you bragging about harming your neighbor and preaching to people it is okay and from God?

Epoisses

Of course I do. Loving your neighbor means doing them no harm.

Are you bragging about harming your neighbor and preaching to people it is okay and from God?

You don't obey and you don't love and repentance is a gift from God that you do not possess. God winked at such ignorance as yours in days gone by but today there is no excuse.

God's Truth

You don't obey and you don't love and repentance is a gift from God that you do not possess. God winked at such ignorance as yours in days gone by but today there is no excuse.

So you got nothing, no truth, only accusations and insults. So much for you trying to be a teacher.

Epoisses

Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Love is a gift from God that believers receive at conversion. Converted people talk about faith and being led by the Spirit which are alien concepts to you.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
They have human love which is selfish, you obviously don't know the difference JudgedWrongly!
Luke doesn't seem to think there's a difference...

b02a46ac01b59d310692e294ecb74d24.jpg

“But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. - Luke 6:32 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke6:32&version=NKJV

Epoisses

I don't see phileo anywhere in that verse. (See the image)

John knew the difference

So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest(agape) thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love(phileo) thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest(agape) thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love(phileo) thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest(phileo) thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest(phileo) thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love(phileo) thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep. John 21:15-17

God's Truth

Love is a gift from God that believers receive at conversion. Converted people talk about faith and being led by the Spirit which are alien concepts to you.

God says that even wicked people love.

You are speaking wickedly to me and think you have purified sincere love from God?

God's Truth

John knew the difference

So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest(agape) thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love(phileo) thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest(agape) thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love(phileo) thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest(phileo) thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest(phileo) thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love(phileo) thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep. John 21:15-17

You don't get that pure love from God unless you obey Him.