The Christian Life

Robert Pate

Banned
The Christian life is lived out of love, gratitude and thanksgiving for what Christ has done for us. All that have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are given the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit working in the life of the believer that will produce good works and the Christian life.

"In whom you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, THE GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION, in whom after that you also believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13.

Christians don't live the Christian life to be saved. They live the Christian life because they are saved. It is a supernatural life that cannot be duplicated by works or religion. The Christian now sees everyone as special to God, because Jesus has tasted death and shed his blood for everyone, even the whole world, Hebrews 2:9. This is much different than the Calvinist belief that Jesus only loved and died for some men and then damned the rest to hell like they were nothing but trash. This view is not of God and is Satanic. The scripture plainly says that... "God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son" John 3:16. Therefore, everyone should be respected.

The Gospel and the Holy Spirit are inseparable. All that believe the Gospel and are trusting in Christ for their salvation are indwelt with the Holy Spirit and will do good works.

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:10.

It is all of God. If something does not come out of the Christians life that honors God and glorifies Jesus Christ, I tend to believe that they have not been born again by the word of God, which is the Gospel and are frauds. They never did believe.

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed (Adam) but of incorruptible (Christ) by the word of God, (The Gospel) which lives and abides forever" 1 Peter 1:23.

The Gospel calls for a response. No response is a response. How can one hear that Christ died and shed his blood for them and not respond with a heart full of love and thanksgiving for what Christ has done for them? Maybe they deserve to go to hell. It is indeed a serious thing to reject God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ. Several times Jesus speaks of a place where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth, Matthew 8:12.

Having been born again by the word of God, which is the Gospel. How should we now live? We identify ourselves with Christ. This is what Paul did when he wrote...

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I but Christ lives in me: and the life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness comes by the law (religion) then Christ is dead in vain" Galatians 2:20, 21.

The Christian has two natures. He has the nature of Christ and his old Adamic nature. These two natures are in conflict with each other. This is why Paul wrote...

"For the good that I would do, I don't do it, but the evil which I would not, that I do" Romans 7:19.

There are going to be times in your Christian life when you are going to fail. This does not mean that you are not saved. Many of God's people have failed. When you fail and you will, just simply ask for forgiveness and move on. Once again you have proven that you are a sinner in desperate need of a savior.

Robert Pate

Banned
The reason that the Christian is able to live the Christian life is because he is indwelt with the Holy Spirit. When I first became a Christian I knew next to nothing about the Bible, yet I had a deep desire to live the Christian life. I joined a Baptist church. They thought that it was their business to teach me how to live the Christian life. No one that is indwelt with the Holy Spirit needs to learn how to live the Christian life. What they really wanted to teach me was how to religious like they were. I didn't know much about anything, but I knew who my savior was.

After I learned the Gospel and justification by faith I dropped out of that church. They wanted to teach me how I could become a fit vessel that God could use. The truth of the matter was that I was already perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. They never told me that, instead they told me that I had to attain to something. I believe now that it was religion.

glorydaz

The reason that the Christian is able to live the Christian life is because he is indwelt with the Holy Spirit. When I first became a Christian I knew next to nothing about the Bible, yet I had a deep desire to live the Christian life. I joined a Baptist church. They thought that it was their business to teach me how to live the Christian life. No one that is indwelt with the Holy Spirit needs to learn how to live the Christian life. What they really wanted to teach me was how to religious like they were. I didn't know much about anything, but I knew who my savior was.

After I learned the Gospel and justification by faith I dropped out of that church. They wanted to teach me how I could become a fit vessel that God could use. The truth of the matter was that I was already perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. They never told me that, instead they told me that I had to attain to something. I believe now that it was religion.

Yep, as soon as man starts to think he is to perform for God, he puts himself in the place of God.

Good word, Robert. :thumb:

fishrovmen

As usual , you contradict yourself saying first that if something comes from the Christian life that does not honor God, then they probably aren't saved. Then you go on to say that Christians WILL fail but that doesn't mean that they aren't saved.

Reactions: Lon

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
And besides that, Dr. Evil, you are the one who has had seven or eight different screen names here already. I cannot do what you do because my name was given to me. :chuckle:

Who knows how many times you have lied about me in places where I have not seen what you posted. You are sick. Get some help.

As usual... You hate Grace and The TRUE TESTIMONY of Yeshua. You are that which hates the freedom Christ brings. Your gospel brings chains of deep bondage Daqq. I pity you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon

oatmeal

Mr Pate. Well said. We must be saved. Born again into the family of God to participate in the family as His sons

fishrovmen

As usual... You hate Grace and The TRUE TESTIMONY of Yeshua. You are that which hates the freedom Christ brings. Your gospel brings chains of deep bondage Daqq. I pity you.

Nah...Grace has always been good to me; it's her evil sister that I don't like. By the way...how do you know Grace?

Robert Pate

Banned
As usual , you contradict yourself saying first that if something comes from the Christian life that does not honor God, then they probably aren't saved. Then you go on to say that Christians WILL fail but that doesn't mean that they aren't saved.

You would have to be a Christian to understand what I said. The Christian has two natures, the nature of Christ and his old Adamic nature that is of Satan. Sometimes we do good and sometimes we don't. I believe that is what Paul is saying in Romans 7:19. Whether we do good or we do bad, we still belong to Jesus Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
Why are they weeping and gnashing teeth?

They are weeping and gnashing their teeth because they are suffering in hell. It is a serious thing to reject God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ.

fishrovmen

You would have to be a Christian to understand what I said. The Christian has two natures, the nature of Christ and his old Adamic nature that is of Satan. Sometimes we do good and sometimes we don't. I believe that is what Paul is saying in Romans 7:19. Whether we do good or we do bad, we still belong to Jesus Christ.

I will stick with what Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians where he called them out for several things that were not glorifying to God, yet unlike you Paul did not say that he doubted they were Christians and not born again.

daqq

That was not me. I have not posted in this thread until now.
You are a speaking and spreading lies just as your father taught you.
You are the hatemonger.

daqq

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Evil.Eye.<(I)>
That was not me. I have not posted in this thread until now.
You are a speaking and spreading lies just as your father taught you.
You are the hatemonger.

And besides that, Dr. Evil, you are the one who has had seven or eight different screen names here already. I cannot do what you do because my name was given to me. :chuckle:

Who knows how many times you have lied about me in places where I have not seen what you posted. You are sick. Get some help.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You are the one that said, "There is no suffering in death" There is plenty of suffering in death if you know that you are dying and going to hell.

When the brain flatlines it stops processing information.

A person doesn't know he or she is dead, the person is not conscious.

Robert Pate

Banned
When the brain flatlines it stops processing information.

A person doesn't know he or she is dead, the person is not conscious.

Everyone has a pre-death experience, unless they die instantly. it is during the pre-death experience that I believe they become aware of their destiny.