The Christian Life

God's Truth

The sole purpose of the Bible is to reveal Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

You think that the New Testament is a Christian Torah.

Christians are called to live by Spirit and not by laws, rules or religion.

Do you really want me to post all the scriptures where Paul tells us what to do?

God's Truth

I want what I asked for.

And I'm asking for a verse.

No, he didn't. More on that in a bit.

He preached repentance. Jesus taught obedience.

A command to obey.

Again, a command to obey.

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. - 2 Timothy 3:16-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Timothy3:16-17&version=NKJV

GT, in the Old Testament, how did people get saved (to eternal life)?

All are saved by believing and obeying. That is how one was saved in the Old Testament, and in the New Testament.

Robert Pate

Banned
All are saved by believing and obey. That is how one was saved in the Old Testament, and in the New Testament.

The Bible refutes you. We are saved and justified by faith alone.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the UNGODLY his faith (not his works or obedience) is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
All are saved by believing and obeying. That is how one was saved in the Old Testament, and in the New Testament.
Could you please address the rest of my post which you quoted?

God's Truth

The Bible refutes you. We are saved and justified by faith alone.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the UNGODLY his faith (not his works or obedience) is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

Faith alone and no longer by ceremonial works is what that scripture is about.

Faith alone and no ceremonial works.

You are just too fooled to even consider the truth.

God's Truth

Could you please address the rest of my post which you quoted?

I addressed what you said.
Could you bother to speak more about what you want to talk about? Maybe it is not clear what you are asking.

Try it, maybe you will get an answer you will be content with.

God's Truth

People here don't debate, they preach.

I have told Robert Pate many times through out the five years that I have been here that faith alone CLEANS us. NOT faith without obedience saves. THAT IS INSANE.

God's Truth

Faith alone cleans. Faith alone cleans. Faith alone cleans.

Faith without obedience is dead. Faith without obedience is DEAD and CANNOT SAVE ANYONE.

Can I get a sword fighter to debate and not someone with a pocket knife?

Robert Pate

Banned
Faith alone and no longer by ceremonial works is what that scripture is about.

Faith alone and no ceremonial works.

You are just too fooled to even consider the truth.

There is nothing in the Bible about "ceremonial works".

The scripture says that we are justified by faith, plus nothing. You want to add things that are not in the Bible, like works and obedience. God doesn't need your works or your obedience to save you.

God's Truth

There is nothing in the Bible about "ceremonial works".
Peter says unstable and ignorant people misunderstand Paul, and then Peter warns us to obey. Check it out for yourself. You want to be a debater then check it out and debate.
See 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

The scripture says that we are justified by faith, plus nothing.
You are making that up. Do you have a scripture that says that? Where is the scripture that says we are justified by faith PLUS NOTHING.

I think you are not telling the truth. You can't give that scripture because it does not exist. I however can give you scripture that says faith alone cannot save and that it is dead.

You want to add things that are not in the Bible, like works and obedience. God doesn't need your works or your obedience to save you.

You added things to the Bible. Show where it says faith and nothing else.

Show where it says God destroyed all the scriptures where He tells people to obey.

You will never find that.

Show the scripture where Paul says plainly that no one has to obey they only have to have faith.

You are just as ignorant as all the other false doctrine believers out there.

You go against the ignorant Calvinists and you try to tell them the Bible says we have to believe. They don't believe you, and worse yet, they don't believe the scriptures. You believe all of God's words telling us to obey are just rubbish.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Peter says unstable and ignorant people misunderstand Paul, and then Peter warns us to obey. Check it out for yourself. You want to be a debater then check it out and debate.
See 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

You are making that up. Do you have a scripture that says that? Where is the scripture that says we are justified by faith PLUS NOTHING.

Maybe you've heard of this one?

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. - Ephesians 2:8-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians2:8-9&version=NKJV

I think you are not telling the truth. You can't give that scripture because it does not exist. I however can give you scripture that says faith alone cannot save and that it is dead.

Then do so and stop beating around the bush.

You added things to the Bible. Show where it says faith and nothing else.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.” - Romans 1:16-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans1:16-17&version=NKJV

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,not of works, lest anyone should boast. - Ephesians 2:8-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians2:8-9&version=NKJV

There's two.

Show where it says God destroyed all the scriptures where He tells people to obey.

You will never find that.

Destroyed the scriptures? What?

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. - 2 Timothy 3:16-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Timothy3:16-17&version=NKJV

Show the scripture where Paul says plainly that no one has to obey they only have to have faith.

I just gave you two.

You are just as ignorant as all the other false doctrine believers out there.

GT, you have yet to give me a problem verse for my position. Pretty sure that indicates that I have a better foundation for my beliefs than you do for yours.

You go against the ignorant Calvinists

What does Calvinism have to do with this? Are you a Calvinist?

and you try to tell them the Bible says we have to believe.

That's what scripture says. Not just what I say.

They don't believe you,

So?

and worse yet, they don't believe the scriptures.

That's on them. So what's your point?

You believe all of God's words telling us to obey are just rubbish.

I have never said obedience is wrong. However, I have said that the reason you give for obeying is wrong, along with what you obey.

GT, can I ask you, are you a Jew (either natural born or proselyte) or a Gentile?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God doesn't need your works or your obedience to save you.

That's true, salvation is by grace, but we are rewarded according to our works.

"For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels and then He will reward each according to his works." (Matthew 16:27)

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

"For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels and then He will reward each according to his works." (Matthew 16:27)

What then shall we say that Abraham our father has found according to the flesh?For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God.For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. - Romans 4:1-4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans4:1-4&version=NKJV

In the verse you provided, Jesus is speaking to His disciples about the end of the Great Tribulation (aka the Time of Jacob's (aka Israel's) Troubles), how those who kept the law will be rewarded.

"He's not talking about the Great Tribulation though!" Oh really? Read the next verse.

God's Truth

Maybe you've heard of this one?

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. - Ephesians 2:8-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians2:8-9&version=NKJV
When you debate someone, you should remember what they say. I TOLD YOU MANY times that the 'not of yourselves' is about not being able to boast in you circumcising yourself, washing yourself, bringing animals!

Then do so and stop beating around the bush.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.” - Romans 1:16-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans1:16-17&version=NKJV

All the scriptures that tell us to have faith---THEY DO NOT nullify the scriptures that say obey.

You found a denomination that found a way to get rid of obedience and take away the power of God.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,not of works, lest anyone should boast. - Ephesians 2:8-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians2:8-9&version=NKJV

There's two.

Again, and again, and again, I have told you that it is about the ceremonial works that we no long have to do.

WHY do you NEVER address what I say?

Why?

You are so entrapped by the devil you cannot even debate because you have no sword whatsoever.

You have a dull little pocket knife with a broken tip.

Destroyed the scriptures? What?

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. - 2 Timothy 3:16-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage...us and we do not have to do what Jesus says.

God's Truth

That is so confusing and wrong. Just listen to yourself.

You say true salvation is by grace but we are rewarded according to our works, are YOU KIDDING? The REWARD IS ETERNAL LIFE.

If you do not get rewarded, you do NOT get eternal life!