The Ascension

Prizebeatz1

Read these scriptures, they are facts.

1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

1 Corinthians 15:5-6 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:7-8 KJV -

That was all before Ascension

It doesn't convince me. I used to think it was real too but I found out on my own that it's much deeper. Very few will offer this kind of knowledge because it is not profitable.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The idea that Jesus was God is symbolism for the infinite eternal part of us which is the soul. Jesus did not literally fly into the sky into heaven. It is symbolism.

Go home. Your daddy is calling you. I have nothing else since you say it doesn't mean what it says, and will not tell us what it really says.

It's the traditional interpretation of the bible that doesn't fool me.

So why don't you tell us what it really says starting at Genesis 1:1

:popcorn:

Why can't we decide for ourselves instead of letting someone else decide for us?

Didn't I just say that? Tell us what it really says.

I am not going to tell you what it really says.

Prizebeatz1

I'm trying to find out why. Do you not have an explanation for your denial?

An explanation for the denial of the literal interpretation? I don't deny the literal interpretation. There is some validity to it. There is, however, another interpretation that includes the infinite and eternal part of us which the literal interpretation neglects.

KingdomRose

Do we honestly believe a man was taken up into the sky? It's a fairytale and a myth. It must mean something other than the literal interpretation. What could it symbolize?

Why would it be a myth? If God and Jesus can create the universe, why is it any big deal that Jesus went up into the sky and ascended back to the Father? If you think that was a fairytale, then go ahead...just throw your Bible into the back of the closet and shut the door. It's as literal as anything, to me. No problem that I can see.

KingdomRose

Fool, it was real and witnessed and recorded

You know, Jerry, I heard a great sermon today on Jesus and how he never called people mean names, even when they spoke hurtful words to him. I figured I'd better clean up my act and stop calling some of the people here idiots or fools, dogs or worse. I wonder if it's something we ALL can try to do?

KingdomRose

Obviously it ain't 'we'.

I believe it and He's coming back in the same way.

You can, at this time, receive the peace that passes all knowledge and understanding or you can remain in your hard-hearted unbelief and one day experience stark terrror as the heavens and earth fade and you are left standing naked and judged before Him who you now reject.

You are going to be somewhat confused and probably shocked when the heavens and earth DO NOT fade away, and you find yourself in Paradise on Earth with Jesus ruling from heaven. All people must make an accounting with God, but I don't think He will be as mean as you make him out to be.

Prizebeatz1

Why would it be a myth? If God and Jesus can create the universe, why is it any big deal that Jesus went up into the sky and ascended back to the Father? If you think that was a fairytale, then go ahead...just throw your Bible into the back of the closet and shut the door. It's as literal as anything, to me. No problem that I can see.

It's a myth because it's not literal. We try to fool ourselves into thinking that it is because we don't have a better explanation. And just because its a myth doesn't mean anything bad. There is simply a deeper truth to it. Taking it for face value causes us to miss the point. The Bible is even more true and fulfilled and reinforced and its power is multiplied 100 fold when we take the soul into account.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's the traditional interpretation of the bible that doesn't fool me.

So why don't you tell us what it really says starting at Genesis 1:1

:popcorn:

Why can't we decide for ourselves instead of letting someone else decide for us?

Didn't I just say that? Tell us what it really says.

I am not going to tell you what it really says.

Godrulz hasn't been hanging out, but you seem to fill in nicely.

KingdomRose

No. It was not real. It is symbolism. There is no argument. We choose to remain delusional about it because we don't want to take the time or make the effort to understand the reality to which it points.

What reality does it point to that I haven't thought about yet? It seems pretty straighforward....Jesus goes back to be with his Father, Jehovah, who is in heaven, and he sits at His right hand. When it's time to come back and straighten out the world, he will do that, bringing his heavenly troops of angels and also his co-rulers of 144,000. Men's governments will be destroyed and Jesus will reign for a thousand years. Sadness, suffering, hard times, and even death will be gone.

Isaiah 9:6,7; Isaiah 11:1-9; Psalm 37:9-11,29; Daniel 2:44

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Bible is even more true and fulfilled and reinforced and its power is multiplied 100 fold when we take the soul into account.

Would that be the soul Jesus said could be destroyed in the Gehenna trash fire? (Matthew 10:28)

KingdomRose

The idea that Jesus was God is symbolism for the infinite eternal part of us which is the soul. Jesus did not literally fly into the sky into heaven. It is symbolism. You can't fake that it's not.

Yes, Jesus did fly into the sky, changing as he went, according to what Paul wrote in I Corinthians 15, all the way to where the Father resides. What symbolism do you see there?

KingdomRose

Would that be the soul Jesus said could be destroyed in the Gehenna trash fire? (Matthew 10:28)

Oh, you find it exciting to be on Satan's wave-length....he made sure you had something to cling to to supposedly make real the existence of a separate soul that can think even when your body and brain are dead. This fallacy appeals to people. I don't accept it because it makes more sense to me to just "sleep in death," and be resurrected back to life on Earth during the Millennial Reign.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
You are going to be somewhat confused and probably shocked when the heavens and earth DO NOT fade away, and you find yourself in Paradise on Earth with Jesus ruling from heaven. All people must make an accounting with God, but I don't think He will be as mean as you make him out to be.

You're already confused with that Watchtower brainwash.