The Ascension

Prizebeatz1

Do we honestly believe a man was taken up into the sky? It's a fairytale and a myth. It must mean something other than the literal interpretation. What could it symbolize?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do we honestly believe a man was taken up into the sky? It's a fairytale and a myth. It must mean something other than the literal interpretation. What could it symbolize?

Obviously it ain't 'we'.

I believe it and He's coming back in the same way.

You can, at this time, receive the peace that passes all knowledge and understanding or you can remain in your hard-hearted unbelief and one day experience stark terrror as the heavens and earth fade and you are left standing naked and judged before Him who you now reject.

Prizebeatz1

Obviously it ain't 'we'.

I believe it and He's coming back in the same way.

You can, at this time, receive the peace that passes all knowledge and understanding or you can remain in your hard-hearted unbelief and one day experience stark terrror as the heavens and earth fade and you are left standing naked and judged before Him who you now reject.

You can't fool me or scare me.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No. It was not real. It is symbolism. There is no argument. We choose to remain delusional about it because we don't want to take the time or make the effort to understand the reality to which it points.

Why do you deny the existence of the spiritual dimension?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by patrick jane

How can you believe in the resurrection and the 40 days of appearing and then NOT believe the ascension is real?

Symbolism.

So you think the resurrection was symbolism too ?

Prizebeatz1

The Ascension

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by patrick jane

How can you believe in the resurrection and the 40 days of appearing and then NOT believe the ascension is real?

So you think the resurrection was symbolism too ?

Of course. It's symbolism for the death of the personality and the realization of the true identity of the soul.