Thanks Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You recognize that abortion is murder, don't you?

If some local municipalities in Germany decided to legalize and regulate the slaughter of Jews, would you oppose German's federal government from intervening?

When did it become out-of-bounds for the United States government to uphold its own Constitution? "No person shall be... deprived of life... without due process."

Why do you States' Rights folks base your arguments on states' supposed right to do thing like allowing the murder of the unborn and the ownership of blacks?

I support state rights, but I agree that abortion is wrong. I think the states are more willing to pass laws against abortion. Yes, I know the people will cross state lines to seek abortions, yet that can be dealt with the way people from other states may not in many cases buy guns out of state.

I think we are always going to have abortions; it is like drugs, if someone wants it there will be a provider. The important issue is to set an example and I think this can be done at the state level most effectively

I think black ownership is a dead issue

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Who pulls the trigger?

Kevin supports killing homosexuals. Does that make him guilty of murdering one?

That is not at all what Kevin said; his position is that homosexuality should be illegal and the penalty should be capital punishment.

He is not saying that he wishes to kill homosexuals; what he is saying is that the law should determine the punishment. He also says it should be a capital crime.

You have to argue based on what he says in fact, not your emotional reaction, as that leads to poor discourse:chew:

S†ephen

Do you have a problem with people with badges?

Yes.

Why do you constantly focus your argument on a person with a badge?

Because they're the only ones who can get away with killing people.

1. If a person with a badge who's been sworn to uphold the law comes across an individual who is beating a two year old child to death, he has every right to use force to stop that person up to and including taking their life if necessary. Would you agree with that? So then it's ok for a person with a badge to take the life of another person who didn't harm him. (Unless you disagree of course, but then I'd really like to know your justification).

Of course he has the right to stop them, and so do I. But the right to take life does not come until an attack that is a direct attempt to end your life. In which case it becomes self defense.

2. When a murderer is executed it is rarely by a person with a badge incidentally, so would you like to retract your argument or are you trying to argue two things at once?

It is performed by a government worker. Same basic thing.

3. Your thinking on this is all wrong, and should be on what does God think and not what does Stephen Dale or Mr. Kevin or your dad think. Stephen Dale, Mr. Kevin, and your dad could all be wrong. God is not wrong. I believe God knows what is best for how a country and a criminal justice system should be run. Do you think that He does?

Yes. He wants people to live and to come to know Him. Do you agree with this?

This whole thing came about because you are avoiding the implications of Ron Paul's stated position and in the process you mistated my position and I clarified it.

No, it started because you are holding a double standard. It's bad for Ron Paul to let a woman who let a baby die to live, but it's all the sudden good when you murder a homosexual who never touched you.

Do you realize that you intend to kill more people than Ron Paul does?

When an abortion doctor puts an innocent baby to death who has committed no crime, done no evil, and been convicted of no wrong-THAT is evil and it's murder and it's wrong!

Duh :wave:

When a criminal justice system puts to death a wicked person who commits a capital crime that is NOT evil, it is a good thing for society and as history has given replete examples of acts as a deterrent.

It's legalized killing. No more no less. It matters not if you work for the government or yourself you are still killing. When God looks at those who have killed others the determining factors won't be what "criminal justice system" they worked for.

PKevman

Stephen Dale: Was there a reason why you cut the following parts of my post out in your reply?

PastorKevin said:
I happen to have been blessed to have known a few cops and they've been good people who put their lives on the line every night.
I attended Bible college with such a man and developed a good friendship with this brother who was attending solely for the purpose of learning more about God and His Word and being able to share as a layman in his church.

PastorKevin said:
Was God justified to order the death penalty for those who in His eyes should be put to death? Or do you think He had it wrong?

PKevman

Stephen Dale said:
Do you realize that you intend to kill more people than Ron Paul does?

How many people were actually put to death for the crime of homosexuality when it was punishable by death? Was AIDS a problem then?

You may not realize it but you're supporting the ruination of millions of lives, far more than would be affected if homosexuality were recriminalized.

And what of all the MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of innocent lives that would have been saved if it had not been DE-criminalized and DE-stigmatized?

But this thread is really not about homosexuality, there's enough of them on this forum to put into a 5,000 page book or three.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Because they're the only ones who can get away with killing people.

Oh come off it! You are making the police out to be a class of villains, that is nonsense, I think you know it.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
It's legalized killing. No more no less. It matters not if you work for the government or yourself you are still killing. When God looks at those who have killed others the determining factors won't be what "criminal justice system" they worked for.

There is some truth, particularly in the last part of what you are saying, but you are reasoning like an adolescent, is it intentional, or are you very naive?

S†ephen

How many people were actually put to death for the crime of homosexuality when it was punishable by death? Was AIDS a problem then?

AIDS is passed on through sexual misconduct that is heterosexual as well as homosexual.

Should we kill those who sleep around as well?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Maybe not everything that falls out of your mouth is worth commenting on.

Get off your pedestal already...it's cracking.

Heavens, what's the world coming to?

It's very amusing to see Kev's pride on display here. The guy stings awfully easy.

PKevman

Heavens, what's the world coming to?

It's very amusing to see Kev's pride on display here. The guy stings awfully easy.

What are you talking about Granite???
I have many struggles but neither you nor any other person will ever be able to prove that pride is one of them. Do you have something on topic to discuss?

Granite

Hall of Fame
What are you talking about Granite???
I have many struggles but neither you nor any other person will ever be able to prove that pride is one of them. Do you have something on topic to discuss?

You're a joke, just like every other pastor I've known. A little egotist on a power streak who can't abide criticism. Newsflash: TOL ain't your stomping grounds, so if you wanna manipulate anyone, stick to your own little herd of sheeple.

Thank you for proving my point (and ignoring my posts until they speak of you, interesingtly).

Status
Not open for further replies.